Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] Dwarfs

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default [PREVIEW] Dwarfs

Longbeards :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    A Longbeard is the oldest, most experienced warrior of the dwarf throng, a fact evidenced by the length of their beards. These ensure that they receive the proper respect from other Dwarfs, who have been taught quite rightly to always respect their elders.
    Longbeards have fought in more wars, beaten more enemies, and endured greater hardships than any young Dwarf could possibly imagine. They constantly grumble about how today's goblins are far smaller and weaker than they used to be, and how nothing is as well made as it was in their day. no dwarf would dare argue with them for they have the experience and the beard to prove it.

In battle, Longbeards are able to demonstrate their time-won skills, showing disdain for even the smallest shifts in fortune that would throw less experienced warriors into confusion. Valaya help any Beardling who falters under their stern eye, for they will admonish him in no uncertain terms.

Quarellers :
    Dwarf Quarrellers and Thunderers form the bulk of the missile contingent in a Dwarf Army. There was once a time when Dwarf powder weapons had not been invented and Dwarf Quarrellers reigned supreme with their crossbows. Over time, as the Dwarf Handgun came into common usage, the Crossbow lost its dominance. Nowadays, most Dwarf armies see a pretty even split of Quarrellers and Thunderers. Dwarfs are naturally methodical and slow to panic; and so are suited to reloading and firing both weapons calmly, even when the enemy is right on top of them. The competition between various engineers is such that in the efforts to make increasingly better and more reliable weapons Dwarf Handguns have become the most effective weapons of their type in the world. Most Thunderers have crafted their own weapons and over the years add many augmentations and improvements; and are as a result very proud of their weapons. Despite this, many Dwarfs stick to the good old and reliable crossbow as they begrudge the cost of powder when a bit of brute force will propel a bolt as far as a bullet. There have even been known instances of dwarfs improving their crossbows, though of course this is strictly prohibited without the engineers' guild's knowledge and permission.

Thunderers :
    Dwarf Thunderers form the bulk of the missile contingent in a Dwarf Army. There was once a time when Dwarf powder weapons had not been invented and Dwarf Quarrellers reigned supreme with their crossbows. Over time, as the Dwarf Handgun came into common usage, the Crossbow lost its dominance. Nowadays, most Dwarf armies see a pretty even split of Quarrellers and Thunderers. Dwarfs are naturally methodical and slow to panic; and so are suited to reloading and firing both weapons calmly, even when the enemy is right on top of them. The competition between various engineers is such that in the efforts to make increasingly better and more reliable weapons Dwarf Handguns have become the most effective weapons of their type in the world. Most Thunderers have crafted their own weapons and over the years add many augmentations and improvements; and are as a result very proud of their weapons. Despite this, many Dwarfs stick to the good old and reliable crossbow as they begrudge the cost of powder when a bit of brute force will propel a bolt as far as a bullet. There have even been known instances of dwarfs improving their crossbows, though of course this is strictly prohibited without the engineers' guild's knowledge and permission.

Ironbreakers :
    Dwarf Ironbreakers are the guardians of the lower deeps of dwarf holds, they are experienced tunnel fighters and often fight against Skaven and goblins attempting to tunnel into a Dwarf hold, without their efforts most dwarf holds would have almost certainly fallen to enemy attacks. Dwarf Ironbreakers are professional Dwarf soldiers in that they are perpetually under arms, due to their status as professional tunnel fighters they are armoured with the best dwarf armour available, Gromril, which can protect a Dwarf from many a rock fall and enemy blade. Dwarf Ironbreakers also find themselves fighting battles on the surface and they form a bulwark against enemy attacks, but for every battle they fight on the surface, they've faced dozens below the ground.

Last edited by Kolwen; February 01, 2013 at 08:20 AM.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: New Faction

Great units but how do dwarves fit in sundering?It is only custom,then.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwen View Post
    We have been observing the shortcomings of our game, and after taking note of the most important we announce the launch of this new faction playable in custom battles. The dwarf faction brings new entertainment for casual gamers and variety to the battles.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I liked it!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

As I said in the ModDB page, I'm very excited for this!

Love it!!!!!!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

This mod looks awesome. I'm not even interested in the warhammer universe but your great work is drawing me closer and closer to it

Darnit, I have to spread the rep around This is amazing! maybe you could include a provincial campaign for the War of the Beard at some point?
    Last edited by Shi Huangdi; June 27, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
    Make America great again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    This mod looks awesome. I'm not even interested in the warhammer universe but your great work is drawing me closer and closer to it
    My sentiments exactly.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    My sentiments exactly.
    Mine too

Tiro

oh man, poor awesomeness
    Sorry for my bad english , I don't mind correcting!

I just have to say that the unit images on moddb of the demons and all the other units to looks simply astounding. There is not way i would keep playing this mod yet tho untill you have finished it since i tried it out and TATW is simply better at this stage. but i say this guys, those units look completley wicked, with the proper animations and of course, the proper custom settments (i mean new settlements like Minas Tirith in TATW), this mod will be the best one out for M2, period.

I just have to point out if some1 missed it THE UNITS IN THIS MOD LOOK SO DAMN GOOD GRAPHIC WISE! it looks even better than ETW when it comes to resolution and in some cases it even spanks NTW in my opinion
    Last edited by Fedual; June 28, 2012 at 03:36 PM.

SHREDDER's Avatar Creator CoW, TATW, WF&S

Fedual
    I just have to point out if some1 missed it THE UNITS IN THIS MOD LOOK SO DAMN GOOD GRAPHIC WISE! it looks even better than ETW when it comes to resolution and in some cases it even spanks NTW in my opinion
    is the same at 100% of the Warhammer Online)). Models and textures made ​​by professional artists.
    3Dmodeller for Call of Warhammer Third Age With Fire and Sword 2 Hetmanat

Bes
    t Ukrainian site and forum Sich TotalWarS totalwar.fun/board/

Yes,the units are amazing,but they are right from Warhammer online.I remember seeing them in some video about the game.Anyway,amazing mod,I hope you keep on imroving it.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting for Rome 2 -_- View Post
    Yes,the units are amazing,but they are right from Warhammer online.I remember seeing them in some video about the game.Anyway,amazing mod,I hope you keep on imroving it.
    Thank you.
    Really, when you spend weeks working on some models for your non-profit mod and someone just come and say "hey! they are just taken from other game" then you completely lose the interest on keeping improving it.
    If my only benefit is make people enjoy my work, where is the point of releasing something that people don't consider my work?
    I was wondering what reason can have someone to taunt about something only made for the others enjoyment.
    That is not the modders path. It's sad
    Last edited by Kolwen; June 29, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Thank you.
    Really, when you spend weeks working on some models for your non-profit mod and someone just come and say "hey! they are just taken from other game" then you completely lose the interest on keeping improving it.
    If my only benefit is make people enjoy my work, where is the point of releasing something that people don't consider my work?
    I was wondering what reason can have someone to taunt about something only made for the others enjoyment.
    Do not worry my friend and do not let people bring you down. Your mod is amazing and your work is very much appreciated!

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

great to hear, its a pity they arent used in the campaign!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Citizen

Thank you.
    Kolwen,

Don't let anybody get to you. I know it sucks to hear people criticize you and then demand more from you, but let's face it, there will always be those people out there. You just have to know that it's what you think of your work that truly matters (at the risk of sounding arrogant, but it is true). If you know you made these models by hand and that these creations are of your own labor and nobody else, you have no reason to let this type of thing bother you. You know that we respect your and your team's work around here with much appraisal. How can others truly love your work if you don't? I've seen heart and soul put into this mod, and so far it has not disappointed, nor do I believe it ever will.

Don't let the critiques of others bog you down. Instead, use them as a step-stool to bring you to a higher glory. Fix your weaknesses and improve your strengths. Do this and nobody, no matter how jealous or "trololololo" they are, can touch you. Listen to all reviews and work them to your favor. This mod is a jewel in the crown that is the TWC. If a crack appears, fix it and make the jewel more beautiful than it ever was.

Great work with the mod (to you and your team), and may it grow with all of the love and dedication the Sundering team has given this mod thus far.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Thanks for your touching words THP. You know that we are not too much people working on the mod and it is really hard when the forum is silent for some time, but we will keep ahead. We will not give up until everything is finished.

Citizen

Thanks for your touching words THP. You know that we are not too much people working on the mod and it is really hard when the forum is silent for some time, but we will keep ahead. We will not give up until everything is finished.
    Trust me, I know how hard modding can be and how time-consuming it is. I respect all modders' work and this team is one of the few that really put their heart into what they do.

And for that, I thank you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast