Thread: regional recruitment

madrush's Avatar Senator

Default regional recruitment

is it possible to recruit units of other clans in their home region with their color armor like in the mods from NTW and ETW? would b pretty cool even with their insignia as well

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: regional recruitment

Yes it is, though to put there insignias on the units you need to be able to skin.
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

madrush's Avatar Senator

cool and crap

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

A basic tutorial on making let say, a oda katana samurai unit from the owari region and your Tokugawa. To make this unit first you need to get the PFM, second you need to get the following files: unit.loc unit.tables unit_stats_land.tables unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions_tables Cdir_unit_qualities building_units_allowed unit_to_exclusive_faction_permissions unit_to_exclusive_military_group_permissions .

What you do first is find your unit in this case katana samurai then clone them in every file, but add oda to the end of there name.

Now in the unit.tables file you need to do a little more here you also need to change here external name to oda katana samurai, then scroll over to the column regions here you type owari this limits them to the owari region. Next you scroll over to the unique ID column and change it to one that's not already used.

Next go to unit_to_exclusive_faction_permissions and make a new row and but in the first column the internal name of the unit and the second oda (unless you want the oda to recruit oda samurai)

Next in the building_units_allowed and change the units ID to what you put in the unit.tables.

Next to the units.loc clone katana samurai and change the internal name to what you put and change the external name to oda katana samurai

Hope that helped, since I'm not the best at explaining things over the Internet.
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

madrush's Avatar Senator

hope its successful