Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No big deal if i loose a town?

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: No big deal if i loose a town?

A nice strategy
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

You will lose Towns, I lose many and is all part of the journey to winning the campaign. I ahve learnt not to overstretch myself and lose solid stacks and characters. Lost Gimili like that in my first Dwarves campaign.

I usually find honour and pride compel me to win back towns taken from me. Sometimes it is just pure revenge.

The tl;dr version is, no it's not a big deal if you lose a town. It might even makes things more exciting.

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

I play with Rohan, and I lose Gineyard many times. I'm on turn 66 and Isengard has taken it about 4 times. But whenever that happens, I'll send some men from some other village to take it again. No big deal. At least Isengard gives me some fun. Just take the place back, if the enemy gets it. More fun for you. But don't use cheats. Cheats are for really desperate people or for LOSERS.

Yeah losing a region is not a big deal, as long as you can counter attack.

I used to be one of those people who would rage(well, not rage but get annoyed) and even reload when I lost one of my towns and basically I wanted to defend everything and never lose anything.Then I realized that I was just being silly and that as long as I can muster a counter offensive its not a bug deal.

Honestly sometimes loosing a settlement is necessary in the overall campaign. For instance, if a player keeps reloading just to save a town, perhaps it was the wrong move strategically. Maybe if the player accepted their loss, then came back with a huge counter-offensive, they would take back their town, and keep moving into enemy territory realizing the enemy is weak on that front. So instead of using all the resources on defending, they counter attack and gain even more ground then they would if they kept their town in the first place. This has happened to me before.

Groovy

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Btw:
    Loose is like loosening a rope,
    LOSE is actually the proper words, as in something being taken away from you.

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

somebody call the grammer police..

I don't think it's possible to not lose any against Mordor atleast, they send hundreds of stacks at all border towns and Harad invade your coast, only way to go is to be super agressive cause you cannot afford to have enough troops in all towns that could be attacked.

What bothers me a lot is when I lose a big city like Minas Tirith and I have to rebuild everything when I take it back even if I only lost it a couple turns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12