Thread: undead elephants?

Default undead elephants?

Hi all,

at first thanks for this great kind of work - just beautiful :original:

I searched the forum but couldn't find a thread about this topic...

I came to DM from RTR but i just don't have the time to do all that micromanagement - all i can do is to play and fight.

Everything is running fine in my campaign until i met the Seleucids and their elephants.

I just send some spearmen or legionaries to them and they kill them - np an minimal losses. Best thing for me against Elephants are Onagers.

But i can rain an hail of flaming arrows (5 Units of upgraded an experienced roman archers) down on any kind of elephant, dressed or undressed ;-) without any Effekt.
    I read in the unit description that they could run amok - but i never saw one actually doing it.

Then i found out something strange that starts ruining my game: Even after killing a unit of elephants (their bodys lying on the ground) my troops are attacking the corpses. If i hover my cursor over the bodys the info tells me, that the unit has left the battlefield.

If i move around on the battlefield my units get dragged to the corpses and start fighting the dead elephant.
    And soldiers prefer to butcher the mountains of dead meat than to defend against other attacks.

So i have some kind of "black dead elephant holes" on the battlefield. So fighting is very erratic up to impossible.

Anyone any clue?

I followed the "Easy Guide to installing DarthMod correctly" without any problems.
    BUT - i just have the german RTW-Version. Could this be the problem (some files in other/new directories)?

Thanks in advance to any help - back to another battle :sweatingb

oops - found about he topic in the technical thread - sorry

So it is WAD?
    Last edited by judas; June 29, 2006 at 12:43 PM. Reason: i dind't really search the forum :-(