Thread: few questions before i get this great mod.

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Default few questions before i get this great mod.

hello your mod seems excellent and i am also the greek faction when i play rome total war.

i have a few questions it be great if you could answer theese questions for me

1. Ive noticed that all the greek units are in phanlax formation and are rubbish in hand to hand combat and i was wondering if they if any swordsmen as its pretty nooby only using phanlax troops and gets pretty boring.

2. is it only the phanlax teams that are moddifed in this MOD

Thank you again
    regards
    lewis

Default Re: few questions before i get this great mod.

Firstly, not all greek units use phalanx formations.It may be the main force in their army but there are other units such as hypaspistes(use missile and sword),thoureophoroi,thorakitai(spearmen)etc.
    Secondly,check this (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...php?t=46790)to see what xgm is all about.
    Lastly,if greeks is the faction u prefer then this mod is your game(highly recommended!!).

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

First of all welcome to TWC to both of you! Luckylewis XGM is for very long time not only for greek cities. there is almost no faction that haven't been improved. the only one i can think of is Dacia. for your first question- actualy there are more GCS units that don't use phalanx compared to the ones that do. just download the mod and see for yourself, the beautty here is that this mod doesn't change your RTW game, so you can delete it if you don't like it without any problems. if you have any suggestions for the mod post them in feature requests and DimeBagHo will think over them and might even include them. have fun

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Content Emeritus

thanks for the good replies

and thank you for welcoming me. i also just tried out the MOD i think its great but may i ask why some of the spearmen hold their spears like javilins? the campain is also good and i like the idea of the new greek faction removing one of the romans.

Lewis.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Overhand spears were historically employed by hoplites... We use them for those units that represent the dwindling hoplite style of combat.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Luckylewis
    hello your mod seems excellent and i am also the greek faction when i play rome total war.

i have a few questions it be great if you could answer theese questions for me

1. Ive noticed that all the greek units are in phanlax formation and are rubbish in hand to hand combat and i was wondering if they if any swordsmen as its pretty nooby only using phanlax troops and gets pretty boring.

2. is it only the phanlax teams that are moddifed in this MOD

Thank you again
    regards
    lewis
    It's because they have a low secondary attack, that can easily be modified. And also the Spartan Phalangites have an excellent secondary attack so they can be used to take walls, etc.

Content Emeritus

thanks for all the replies and this mod is great i find the campain better
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.