Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Default Another Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

I have this problem almost every battle. 1.5.1 made by Gigantus. Installation, patches and fixes done correctly. Previous version (1.4.4 also by G.) i played without problems.

Default Re: Another Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Don't tell me, u attack enemy that has reinforcements in a field battle? If so, there's no solution, try contacting Germanicu5 in those forums (via PM maybe, don't forget to show him log and describing situation). AI is his doing

Well, as Reikland i saw this when ork Waaagh! stormed my city. After they killed my garrison game closed with above info. I tried again and battle didnt even started, "Sigma preserve us etc". Third time i lost the battle, game went on till i tried to attack orks and retake the city one turn later. "Sigma preserve..." After that, i made this topic.

Same thing just happened to me now; have been playing over 20 turns with Wust. Empire v1.5.1 with english fix, no problems thus far.

Had been having a hard time defending my provinces from these random full double stack Ork and Beastmen armies that appeared out of nowhere. After killing off the last of these armies and reclaiming a province from these dreaded greeenskins, I was finishing the seige battle, with the Orks having 2 soldiers left, and me quickly pressing end battle, when loe and behold the finished battle screen pops up for an instant and then!! the crash and message, Sigma preserve us etc. etc.

I'm just mad because I worked so hard getting my province back!

Having the same issue as well

I'm getting this bug as well. It specifically seems to happen with reinforcements. The size does not matter, since the game has crashed both with large and small battles (with reinforcements). What remains to be seen, is whether one can wait this out for a patch, or is there an active fix? I tried updating with gigantus's patches, but no luck.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

It seems to be a problem with Ai reinforcements and Germanicu5 battle ai script. Don't think any of Gigs patches address it, i think i'll message Germanicu5 and see if he has any ideas. Unfortunately even if it is fixed it won't save game compatible since it resides in the campaign_script file.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

King Agamemnon of Mycenae's Avatar Tiro

I am having the same problem too.
    it is usually with reinforcement armies.

Hope someone can find a fix

So i was on to Germanicu5 and basically all that needs to be done is put the newest version of the ReallyBad Ai into the campaign_script (replacing the old version). This is of course not save game compatible. Below is the PM that he replied with.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5
    This is a known issue that arised due to poor startup mechanics of hardcoded AI, somehow it hadn't appeared in testing until mod was realeased.

Last version of AI fixes it (replacing scripts in cs would be enough), ofc it requires restart.

PS
    If i get a chance i'll post the edited version of RotDG 1.5.1 but that won't be until Sunday at the earliest.

Thanks for the help!

mongoose's Avatar Domesticus

I understand the issue here, but I'm a little confused about the solution. Is there a file that needs to be replaced, or a file that needs to be edited? And which file is it?

I had this problem too....There is a file that i had to download and replace???

Look for the latest ReallyBadAi download from Germanicu5 and then copy and paste the relevant section into the campaign_script file in the RotDG 1.5.1 qnd overwrite/delete the section marked as ReallyBadAi. Back up the original file in case you make any mistakes.

PS
    Since it's in the campaign_script file it will not be save-game compatible. You should still be able to play the old saves but the fix won't affect them.

Ok just to confirm and make things extremely clear for us mod newbs ...

1. which campaign_script are we editing?
    Call_of_Warhammer\data\campaign_script
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script

2. Which ReallyBadAi file are we copying into the campaign_script file? ReallyBadAI_Scripts_v5?

3. Could someone just post a properly edited campaign_script file up here for us mod newbs?

thanks

I'm not sure which version, i haven't ever had to deal with a Steam copy of the game. If Shogun 2 is anything to go by then it would be the steamapps file but it wouldn't really matter if you just backed up and edited both. Yes it would be V5 afaik and i may get around to doing 3 but i'm still tired from the 180km cycle i did on saturday

mongoose's Avatar Domesticus

Icon7 Re: Another Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Edit - tried to upload the edited file I made, but was too big for a post. And now that I think about it, I should really test it out first.
    Last edited by mongoose; July 09, 2012 at 07:07 PM.

Too big even when zipped/rarred? That couldn't be right, i've had whole minimods attached when they were zipped.

I attached the replaced campaign_script.txt file as zip, in plain text it's too big. I took the relevant section from the CoW part of the latest download for BAI and replaced the section in cs that between the starting and ending comments. I have playtested a bit and it seems to work, but there was no fancy stuff in battles yet, so I can't be sure. In any case, backing up campaign_script.txt would be a good idea.

For steam users, it's in steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\Rage_of_dark_Gods\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign when using Gigantus' installer, otherwise replace RoDG with Call_of_Warhammer obviously.

Used your edited campaign script and got the Sigma crash without even fighting a battle, fortunately saved the original campaign script, but in that I would get it after a battle whether it was with reinforcements or not.

That's weird. Was it in a new campaign or in an existing campaign?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast