Thread: consistent freezing after last High Elf settlement taken.

Foederatus

Default consistent freezing after last High Elf settlement taken.

As the title says the game constantly freezes after the last High Elf city is taken, Birka to be exact. It only dose so on the world map right after an occupy option is chosen and the city becomes mine, and a large army is spawned, presumably by a script, outside the settlement. It just freezes, no Sigmar, no CTD, all I can do is alt+del out to the task manager where it says not responding.

This is the only thing in the log file

18:55:22.927 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2

I am playing as Chaos Undivided, started as Khorne. It is turn 200, and I am Using Gigantus's RODG 1.5.1 with patches.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Foederatus

Default Re: consistent freezing after last High Elf settlement taken.

Ok it seems I solved the problem, I started a new campaign and at the start I used the 'surrender regions' command and , though it slowed to a crawl, did not permanently freeze like last time. I started up my chaos game and tried the cheat, same thing, seemed frozen. But then I saw rapid movement on the edge of the fog of war, after a few minutes the game returned to normal with every single high elf army congregated around the High Elf camp. Apparently the high elves have the horde script ala Mongols or Timurids, and a script that forces them to gather at their starting settlement, which caused the monstrous lag that I thought was the game freezing.

Good things come to those who wait, I guess.