Thread: Faction Zeal

Default Faction Zeal

How do i increase my factions zeal and what does it do, I'm giving the HRE a go and the Faction Zeal is LOW.

Default Re: Faction Zeal

Presuming you are talking about BGR IV: faction zeal depends on the number of regions you own, if I am not mistaken. So if you do not want to loose any regions, expect your faction zeal to go down to abysmal as you expand.

As your faction zeal goes down, so does the loyalty of most of your generals. This can make them prone to defection.

Then how can i make it rise, almost all my Generals(except for 3) have low or no loyalty at all so i put them in towns.

You can read the manual and pay attention to what you install.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    You can read the manual and pay attention to what you install.
    Hey I found a good sig for you.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Only WC ancillary removes the affects of zeal. There is also the Privy Seal and if you marry your princess to the right person you can get more than 1 Privy Seal. Also generals with high loyalty suffer less from zeal. So even with abysmal zeal you should be able to find a few generals with 2-3 loyalty and give them Privy Seal and make sure they get good loyalty traits by having them command alot of battles. 4 loyalty and up is unlikely to desert. Lower than 4 and you start taking your chances.