Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Third Age Windows Can't Find Kingdoms.exe

Default Third Age Windows Can't Find Kingdoms.exe

HELP PLEASE i have downloadet all patches but i still get this Windows Can't Find Kingdoms.exe i have read some other people talking about this problem but it just not helping me

Default Re: Third Age Windows Can't Find Kingdoms.exe

I don't think this is the right place for this kind of problem. Also you've not told us anything about the nature of your problem.
    Please post the following information in the right thread: your windows, your medieval 2 version, your medieval 2: kingdoms version, where did you instal it, where did you instal TATW, post screenshots of the error.

I'll link the correct thread in a sec.

Im a noob on twcenter how do i post a picture

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

I have the same problem, many answers were given, none helped.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Disable UAC, uninstall, delete contents of virtual store, then reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Disable UAC, uninstall, delete contents of virtual store, then reinstall.
    that doesn't work =(

What version of M2TW do you have? Steam, retail disc or some other version? You do have the Kingdoms expansion, right? Do you have Kingdoms patched to 1.5? Do you have the Gold edition?

i have version 1.5 i don't have the gold edition i have it on disk

So, you do have Kingdoms and you have it installed, right? And as said in the other thread make sure you have the correct 1.5 patch.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Make sure you installed it to the correct directory.

You'd be surprised how many people don't check that.

i installed in C/Programs 86/SEGA/Medievel 2 total war/mods

you just showed your issue. Do NOT add on the "\mod". I did this same thing (i also have cannot find kingdom.exe, these admins need to stop using generic responses and go past the whole UAC answer, hasnt solved the problem for anybody i talk to). SO, the destination should be as follows-
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    don't add on the \mod, because if a mod folder already exists it will merge it w/ the existing folder and if not then it will create one. otherwise it puts a mod folder inside a mod folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Storantom View Post
    you just showed your issue. Do NOT add on the "\mod". I did this same thing (i also have cannot find kingdom.exe, these admins need to stop using generic responses and go past the whole UAC answer, hasnt solved the problem for anybody i talk to). SO, the destination should be as follows-
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    don't add on the \mod, because if a mod folder already exists it will merge it w/ the existing folder and if not then it will create one. otherwise it puts a mod folder inside a mod folder.
    The problem of not finding the kingdoms.exe is often that the mod is not installed properly. UAC is often the culprit of bad installations, so that is why it is recommended. It's not a generic response and it has worked for many people.

I assume you refer to Marcus' post directly above yours. Wrong file path installation can certainly cause this error, but he has not indicated that he modified the game installer by adding on the /mod. The way I interpreted his post is that he has it installed in the correct path inside the mod folder of M2TW. He was simply telling us where it is installed. At least, like I said, that is the way I interpreted it. We can only do some much if the user does not write clearly or does not give us enough information to work on. After all, we are volunteers doing this in our spare time trying to diagnose a problem on a different computer possibly half a world away.

Hasn't worked for me or him or about 5 other posts i've seen and that is always the answer I see given by admins and whenever people come back asking for more help they are ignored and receive none thus it is generic yes. You might not use it that way but many people do use it that way, and point taken w/ the volunteer stuff. do you think you could talk w/ me on my forum if i gave you all the info you needed because this is an issue for me too

on my post* on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Storantom View Post
    Hasn't worked for me or him or about 5 other posts i've seen and that is always the answer I see given by admins and whenever people come back asking for more help they are ignored and receive none thus it is generic yes. You might not use it that way but many people do use it that way, and point taken w/ the volunteer stuff. do you think you could talk w/ me on my forum if i gave you all the info you needed because this is an issue for me too
    It's the first response given, because like I said, the problem is usually caused by a bad install, and UAC is often the culprit, and thus it should be the first thing to check. If the user reports back I move onto other topics. For example, in this thread, I asked about the 1.5 patch, as it can also cause this error if you have the wrong patch installed (there are multiple different 1.5 patches) Marcus never returned to verify that he had installed the right patch, so I must assume he never checked it.

And, yes, I already replied in your other thread.

i to keep getting the cant find kingdoms exe , i have windows 7 and a gold disc you do say to dissable the uac i am afraid i know not what this is or where to find it , i had no problem with the last third age but decided to delete this in favour of the new 3.2 version , if anyone can help i thank you

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamjclare View Post
    i to keep getting the cant find kingdoms exe , i have windows 7 and a gold disc you do say to dissable the uac i am afraid i know not what this is or where to find it , i had no problem with the last third age but decided to delete this in favour of the new 3.2 version , if anyone can help i thank you
    Welcome to the TWC fourms!
    Please read this tutorial in the link below:
    How To Fix UAC and VirtualStore Problems
    I suggest fix #3:
    3) Instead, there is solution that avoids having to disable any Vista/Windows 7 features altogether. How? By removing the security concerns about your Med2 install. You will tell the operating system that Med2 is trustworthy in your opinion, and that the OS won't need to worry about virtualizing its files to protect you!
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Icon4 Re: Third Age Windows Can't Find Kingdoms.exe

XXXXX.READ.XXXXX Xokay look this is my guess, my guess is you have the same problem as me. this Mod will simply not run without a kingdoms campaign installed. just installed 1 of the kingdom campaigns, such as Teutonic or Americas, and then click on the shortcut again. it worked for me.

Make sure you installed it to the correct directory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast