Thread: How to increase unit strength?

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Default How to increase unit strength?

I know it isn't recommendable nor respected, but I would like to experiment with the number of men in each unit. Can someone please tell me where I can adjust that? I would like to double the number of men in each unit. It will play havoc on balance, I know, just experimenting.

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Default Re: How to increase unit strength?

You can do that in the game options menu and increase unit size.

That is certainly one option, but I would like to change it in the script.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post11628581

"I know it isn't recommendable nor respected"

Why not? The current numbers certainly aren't ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post11628581

"I know it isn't recommendable nor respected"

Why not? The current numbers certainly aren't ideal.
    Thank you k/t, I agree. Now we can use 40 units for ETW and NTW the 20 units of MTW2 don't satisfy me. The only way to increase the size of an army is to make the individual units bigger. It is for that reason that I'm hoping for MTW3 one day, so we can have huge armies.

Well, I didn't mean that they should have 200 or 250 men each. I meant that the proportions aren't very good.

Having never played ETW or NTW, I am fine with 20 units per army. I would like to be able to use more, but for the time being (and likely forever), we're stuck with 20.

I have no faith whatsoever in the companies that make these games, since their games are only worth purchasing in order to play the mods and they are becoming less and less moddable. Hence, I will not be buying M3 unless the companies reverse course. Which they won't. Whatever. Plenty of M2 mods to keep me occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Well, I didn't mean that they should have 200 or 250 men each. I meant that the proportions aren't very good.

Having never played ETW or NTW, I am fine with 20 units per army. I would like to be able to use more, but for the time being (and likely forever), we're stuck with 20.

I have no faith whatsoever in the companies that make these games, since their games are only worth purchasing in order to play the mods and they are becoming less and less moddable. Hence, I will not be buying M3 unless the companies reverse course. Which they won't. Whatever. Plenty of M2 mods to keep me occupied.
    That sounds like a sad future for the Total War series. But after years and years of frustration I'm also convinced we will never get what we want. Pity, but we still have Broken Crescent.