Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

Default Re: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

A QUESTION
    Lesta in your new update will we see some big horde spawn ( Cimbri-Teutones 110BC or Quadi-Marcomanni 165AD)??
    Last edited by Ettore; July 30, 2006 at 05:48 PM.

Thanx for a fantastic mod. The only problem I am having thoughis that all walls are wooden on the battle map, even when they are shown as stone on the campaign map. Rome looks kind of wierd with just a wooden wall! Anybody help?

I`m agree with TWADDICT. Imperator II - fantastic mod.
    But I have the same problem. All walls are wooden instead of stone walls (even though I build it in the city). :hmmm:
    Help...........

Hi and thanks for a great mod.

I have logged a substantial amount of hours on this mod now and it seems fairly stable. I had one showstopper (re-prod CTD) with 1.1, but have played well into 210 BC with 1.2 now.

A lots of factions are gone and Macedonia (at least before I went after them full time) and the Seleucid's have been eating up everything. A bit of a shame and could do with some serious tweaking.
    I have had countless of Rebel Senate's (since I sometimes leave cities after plunder) and it works fine. There still are CTDs happening now and then (quite few though), but they all work after re-load.

One suggestion: Crushing Hannibals army, that showed up at my doorstep after crossing the Alps, was a walk in the park. I suppose there is no way to add a custom NPC general with the spawn armies, so Instead perhaps we could make it a bit more of a challenge by given them maximum experience and armour. He still would probably be to easy to handle, but hopefully not a one battle victory anymore.

And I second Ettore's suggestion about spawn armies (perhaps multiple) for the Cimbri-Teutones in 110BC and the Quadi-Marcomanni in 165AD. Or are they already in?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Thank you all for the feedbacks. Now I know thatthe loyalty was not the cause of the CTDs.. However, as to the unexpected CTD I'm still not sure what are the cause of it. Most probably it's because I packed all the .tga and .cas files into .pak files. After RTRPE 1.7 is out I'll release a new patch which according to RTRPE news will unfortunately not save game compatible.

Basically you can continue with the current game, though most of the changes will be in the strat and region files, only restarting a new campaign will make it take effect. I'll release a small patch and also a full version once I repackaged the whole thing.

I'm also doing another project right now which will be base as Imperator mod, though it's no longer Roman only playable (though naturally must attention will be given to romans) which will be solely base on BI 1.6

As it is, if anyone interested to help me especially with text editing and few research will be great. Do pm me for details.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Btw, what's up with Macedonia? They're giving everyone (except me)a hard spanking

I've noticed a CTD whenever I get the XX-est Legion Banner
    The problem seems to be this:

In the export_descr_ancillaries file:

;--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ancillary Roman_XX_Legion
    Image Roman_XX_Legion_Ancillary.tga
    ExcludeCultures barbarian, greek, eastern, egyptian, carthaginian
    Description Roman_XX_Legion_desc
    EffectsDescription LRoman_XX_Legion_effects_desc

Effect TroopMorale 1
    Effect Subterfuge 7
    Religious_Belief christianity 1
    Effect Loyalty 1

;------------------------------------------

Look at the "EffectsDescription LRoman_XX_Legion_effects_desc" in this text.

See the "L" before roman? It shouldn't be there...CTD

Stoter

Quote Originally Posted by Stoter
    I've noticed a CTD whenever I get the XX-est Legion Banner
    The problem seems to be this:

In the export_descr_ancillaries file:

;--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ancillary Roman_XX_Legion
    Image Roman_XX_Legion_Ancillary.tga
    ExcludeCultures barbarian, greek, eastern, egyptian, carthaginian
    Description Roman_XX_Legion_desc
    EffectsDescription LRoman_XX_Legion_effects_desc

Effect TroopMorale 1
    Effect Subterfuge 7
    Religious_Belief christianity 1
    Effect Loyalty 1

;------------------------------------------

Look at the "EffectsDescription LRoman_XX_Legion_effects_desc" in this text.

See the "L" before roman? It shouldn't be there...CTD

Stoter
    Thanks alot. I guess I inform Marcus Camillur as that comes from his mod. Probably I myself have accidently tupe that though too. Have to reinstall back the original 4tpy mod.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Im restarting the mod ,because few factions rest, only Rome Makedonia ,Seleucia,Germania,Carthago , Gauls and Ibéria ,...so What about land briges in bizantio , to join makedonia against Seleucia the two overpwered factions?

Just do yuo know when platinum 1.7 is ready...what happened to the RTR forums? It is impossible to see them now.
    Last edited by Ettore; September 04, 2006 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettore
    Just yo know when paltinum 1.7 is ready...what happened to the RTR forums? It is impossible to see them now.
    I honestly have no idea. As for RTRPE 1.7, the last time I heard from Marcus as he's the current project leader in charge of compiling all the patches and the installer should be avialable end of July or early August.

For the RTR forum, my knowledge is basically the same as you. Nil.

In the meantime, while waiting for the RTRPE 1.7 to be out and for me to release the final patch of the mod (probably it'll be more depends on any new bugs found) I have work of some basic new projects. It's basically an extended Imperator mod where now not only Romans are given attenive details but other factions too.

Since this project starts from scratch, there's no any expected date of it's release. As of now I have only added the basic factions and not all the units are included yet. It's base on the mundus magnus map conversion to BI so it'll offer new strategy especially for thoe (like me) who basically grew up around RTR maps.

Do note however that this mod is by no means attemted to rival RTR 7.0 whatsoever but I see it as a complement as it includes some factions that were not included in the usual RTR roster.

Just some screens of the map and factions.

As usual, out Senatus Populesque Romanus (S.P.Q.R.) Since it uses BI engine, there's no trouble whatsoever with rebellion happening and much more easier to make scripted rebellion happening as historically as possible.

Arche Seleukia (The Seleucid Empire) is vast but by the 280 BC the large Empire is quite shaky and any rebellion and breakaway might happen. It's large empire is devided by 2 spheres of influence, the western part is more like the graeco-roman culrute while the eastern part obviously hold on to their eastern mysticsm and influence.

If you decided to play this faction. you'll have to option of making the faction totally hellenic or totally eastern in nature. Just be prepare for the obvious dissent that will be happening in you major cities.

Kingdom of Makedonia. Heir and successor to Alexander.

Other factions:

Aedui-Arverni - I combined this two largest tribes to epresent the Gallic faction

Suebi - basically a remake of German faction

Celtiberia - replacing te Iberian where the unit rosters will be more barbarian/celts in nature that carthaginian influence

Numidia - not difference with RTR

Mauretania - a split kingdom that will emerge from Numidia

Mauryan - an Indian faction

Getai - a combination of Dacian and Thracian faction

The rest are the same like the Ptolemaios, Koinon Hellenon, Armeniya, Parthava and Pontos.

Hello,

That new mod looks smashing, but, as I have just got my account activated I just wanted to say how great Imperator was as I have been playing it for about a week now.

Great attention to detail, really tough battles and campaign (BI rocks), and some horrible surprises like Pyhruss coming back from the dead and nicking my cities. First time I've played Rome in yonks and don't feel for the first time that no one can hurt me.

Only small minus I can see is Macedon being too powerful but that is just a preference and I know you are addressing it.

Oh, love the fact that now the land bridges aren't needed they just aren't there.

One request would be how about giving Carthage AE's Veteran Spanish Infantry? They'd be a sod to take on .

So anyway thanks for your hard work it given me much joy. (I got taken apart by Epirus my first go and that was cool)

hello, I think there are some minor errors to fix.

1) german clubmen.
    2) thrace warlord.
    3) vegetation file missing.
    4) misspelling.

first, german clubmen is available to almost every faction. but it's ownership belongs to only germans.

second, thrace warlord skeleton is not correct. between EDU & DMB, there is a gap. in the battlemap, it's always the cause of CTD.

third, missing file is scrub_layout_tactic.tga in data/battlefield/vegetation.

finally, misspelling founded. Cathaginians(645 line, export_descr_character_traits)

this mod is most promising. I'm looking forward to your next brilliant ideas as this work has. Thank you.
    Last edited by eckhart; August 03, 2006 at 11:05 AM.

Tiro

Have you plans on updating your Darth Formations to 14? There is some serious battle improvements in this carnation from Darth Vader, which should be a staple of all mods being created.

The new modification is looking good there.

Quote Originally Posted by eckhart
    hello, I think there are some minor errors to fix.

1) german clubmen.
    2) thrace warlord.
    3) vegetation file missing.
    4) misspelling.

first, german clubmen is available to almost every faction. but it's ownership belongs to only germans.

second, thrace warlord skeleton is not correct. between EDU & DMB, there is a gap. in the battlemap, it's always the cause of CTD.

third, missing file is scrub_layout_tactic.tga in data/battlefield/vegetation.

finally, misspelling founded. Cathaginians(645 line, export_descr_character_traits)

this mod is most promising. I'm looking forward to your next brilliant ideas as this work has. Thank you.
    Thanks you. This makes my work much much easier. I'll wait until RTRPE 1.7 is out before releasing the patch and probably Imperator Gold version as a closing chapter for this mod version.

Hopefully by that time there's few other bugs that has yet to be uncovered comes out. However I didn't understand this 2 things:

1) german clubmen.
    2) thrace warlord.

Af fas as I remeber I didn't really touch other units except romans. Might make it more clearer to me especially the thrce warlord part ? Do you mean the dacian bodyguard ?

Edit: I double checked that germen clubmen is actually part of the AOR as in RTR Gold/RTRPE. Probably the RTR Gold team decided to make only German faction be able to recruit his unit ?

I haven't invaded Germania yet, so can thi unit be recruitable by Romans also ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaias
    Have you plans on updating your Darth Formations to 14? There is some serious battle improvements in this carnation from Darth Vader, which should be a staple of all mods being created.

The new modification is looking good there.
    That's probably will be included in RTRPE patch 1.7 so I'll wait and see and it'll also depends on Darth permission and all...
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; August 04, 2006 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo

Hopefully by that time there's few other bugs that has yet to be uncovered comes out. However I didn't understand this 2 things:

1) german clubmen.
    2) thrace warlord.

Af fas as I remeber I didn't really touch other units except romans. Might make it more clearer to me especially the thrce warlord part ? Do you mean the dacian bodyguard ?

Edit: I double checked that germen clubmen is actually part of the AOR as in RTR Gold/RTRPE. Probably the RTR Gold team decided to make only German faction be able to recruit his unit ?

I haven't invaded Germania yet, so can thi unit be recruitable by Romans also ?

===german clubmen=========================================

-------------included in 1.2 patch------------------------------EDU------------------
    type german clubmen
    dictionary rtr_german_clubmen
    category infantry
    ownership germans

===thrace warlord=========================================

-------------included in 1.2 patch------------------------------EDU------------------
    type barb chieftain dacian
    dictionary rtr_barb_chieftain_dacian
    category cavalry
    class heavy
    voice_type General_1
    soldier dacian_bodyguard, 8, 0, 6
    mount generals horse
    mount_effect horse -2, camel -4, chariot -4,
    attributes sea_faring,hide_improved_forest,general_unit,hardy
    formation 1.5, 4, 3, 6, 4, square,wedge
    stat_health 2, 0
    stat_pri 14, 17, javelin, 40, 6, thrown, archery, piercing, spear, 25 , 1
    stat_pri_attr thrown

stat_sec 6, 17, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, spear, 0 , 0.8
    stat_sec_attr no
    ownership dacia

-------------included in 1.1 patch(addon pack)--------------DMB----------------------
    type dacian_bodyguard
    skeleton fs_hc_spearman, fs_hc_swordsman
    indiv_range 40

Hello, reply to your questions.

First, as you can see above, german clubmen's ownership is germans. but in EDB, they are available to every faction like orther AOR units. RTRPE1.6 has the same setting. without ownership, recruit possible? Is this my misunderstand ?

Second, barb chieftain dacian use precharging weapon-javelin in EDU. but in DMD, their first skeleton is hc_spearman. however RTRPE1.6 has correct setting. they only use spear, no javelin. the first skeloton is hc_spearman.

"I did not touch anything but romans" you said. but EDU has been changed beyond your intention. I know you used unitexpress tool. I think the tool has the possibility to make some errors in some cases.
    Last edited by eckhart; August 04, 2006 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eckhart
    Hello, reply to your questions.

First, as you can see above, german clubmen's ownership is germans. but in EDB, they are available to every faction like orther AOR units. RTRPE1.6 has the same setting. without ownership, recruit possible? Is this my misunderstand ?

Second, barb chieftain dacian use precharging weapon-javelin in EDU. but in DMD, their first skeleton is hc_spearman. however RTRPE1.6 has correct setting. they only use spear, no javelin. the first skeloton is hc_spearman.

"I did not touch anything but romans" you said. but EDU has been changed beyond your intention. I know you used unitexpress tool. I think the tool has the possibility to make some errors in some cases.
    Ah, understand then. As for the first part I'll have to refer to RTRPE team member that were in charge of units stats etc. As for 2nd part that's probably my mistake.

Thanks for pointing out. Much appreciated.

Hey,

Just asking if you have any plans to include Limes's Carthaginian Veteran Heavy Infantry from RTRAE at all (if he is willing to give permission). Would be tough to beat.

Sorry to repeat but thought first post may be lost.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by olly
    Hey,

Just asking if you have any plans to include Limes's Carthaginian Veteran Heavy Infantry from RTRAE at all (if he is willing to give permission). Would be tough to beat.

Sorry to repeat but thought first post may be lost.

Cheers
    I have to check first. Actually he's given me permissions to use his units etc but for this mod I actually have reached the limit of models to be use. No more free slot (255 max). If it uses new models then unfortunately no.

Guess that have to be in the Extended Version.

Update :

Basically I'm almost finish with the bug fixing (as reported) and also an new add-on campaign for Imperator II.

This marian campaign is not the actual Gaius Marius campaign (as were done in 77 BC mod or TFT mod) but simply Imperator II campaign fast forwarded to 100 BC for the starting where Roman Empire actually have most of the Mediterraneans. You'll start with the post-marian units and will actually recieved the message of the reform (the hard-coded events) right after clicking the end turn. The option will come under provincial campaign option and still leaves the imperial campaign as it is (280 BC - 180 AD)

Since I heard the news that RTRPE 1.7 will be (hopefully) released this weekend, it leave sme more time to see if there's any other bugs encountered. If anyone have the time to beta-test for me (both imperial campaign and provincial campaign) please send me a pm so I can send you the files.

Hopefully this release will be bugs free so I can concentrate on the next project.

Some battle scenes from the next Imperator III