Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo
    It is already included as part of RTRPE patch v1.6 . That is why I didn't announce it in this mod. However, thanks to Stuie, there's many other features from his TFT that I copied or at the very least took the idea from.

Edit: I'm holding out for my release of the next add on pack after RTRPE v1.7 full is out. This further patch v1.2 & add on pack however will not be save game compatible. So, finish up you campaigns.
    Really? I play Pe 1.6 and dont remember seeing ai family members getting stars.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Tracia , iliria , Armenia, Numidia, Phartia ,Sauromatae are DEAD factions , to much for the year 253 Bc, as i say in the last post , the only soluction is a landbridge , to make Seleucia and makedonia figth each other , or this mod finish before 200 BC.
    Last edited by pajomife; July 26, 2006 at 07:03 PM.

Miles

After scaling down Macedonia I have a diffrent picture. Macedonia is destroyed (I was a bit hefty on them ) and Numidia. Oh an Eprios of course. Thrace, Illirya and Greece battel now over the supremacy over the greek peninsula. And My first legions are about to hit them.

But it doesn't matter what I do. Some nation of the south is always attackint germania. They can't defend themself. SO NOW I have Thrace at the Rhine. Gaul is weak as well. It seems that all the barbarian factions are quite harmless.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

I've run into a problem

When I select "Imperator II" this message pops up and nothing happens if I click OK

Then when I quit, this message pops up, so I checked the file

everything seems normal to me

Do you guys have a clue what's wrong? :/ I followed the instructions and all but I still got this problem

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

well may be change in prefrence file will work
    open prefrence.txt file and change
    first time play true
    in to
    first time play false
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_kotten
    I've run into a problem

When I select "Imperator II" this message pops up and nothing happens if I click OK

Then when I quit, this message pops up, so I checked the file

everything seems normal to me

Do you guys have a clue what's wrong? :/ I followed the instructions and all but I still got this problem
    You've installed RTRPE (and later Imperator) on BI v1.4 (non-patched BI) instead of patched v1.6 You've probably got the RTW/BO Gold CD version which CA (or SEGA) shipped with RTW patched to v1.5 but unfortunately BI which not patched to v1.6 (still v1.4)

Before installing RTRPE, run BI , choose option and check the number on the right screen corner. It should say 1.6

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Warmaker's Avatar Semisalis

I was laying a Siege of Samarobriva in Northern Gaul as the Romans.

On the last turn before it automatically falls, the defending Germans there perform a Sally.

I choose to take charge of my army and repel them.

However, I get a CTD and error message:

Generic Error

Failed to find texture 'data/vegetation/(null)'.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaker

On the last turn before it automatically falls, the defending Germans there perform a Sally.

Generic Error

Thanks for the report. Thi will certainly makes into the next final patch (soon). Actually after reformatting my drive, I only intalled RTW/BI vanilla and somehow enjoying my Julii campaign.. :tooth: Of course after a few turns I quit and added some bug fixers, minimod etc....

Then add 3+ to defence, add descr_battle_map_modifier.txt .. hhmh.... Add cc lite music mod and latin voice mod.. add pinarius horseskins... :tooth:
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; July 29, 2006 at 02:07 AM.

Thanks for the report. Thi will certainly makes into the next final patch (soon). Actually after reformatting my drive, I only intalled RTW/BI vanilla and somehow enjoying my Julii campaign.. :tooth:
    you shouldnt say such things... you know... they are infectious... so... I'M OFF TO PLAY VANILLA JULII!!! HEEELP!!!!!

I´m not sure if this happens in RTR, too as I never fought them there, but everytime I fight the Scutarii Spearmen from Carthage it first goes into the loading screen smoothly as always but then, in the middle of the loading process, suddenly crashes to desktop without any message... Oddly though, I can get into that very same fight after restarting the game after the crash.:hmmm:
    Only that they then look like a bunch of extremely colorful dots down on the ground until they have come close enough, at which time they get replaced by the normal model and texture of them again, so I´d say that the problem lies in some of the sprites of them when being farther away on the battlemap.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldon
    I´m not sure if this happens in RTR, too as I never fought them there, but everytime I fight the Scutarii Spearmen from Carthage it first goes into the loading screen smoothly as always but then, in the middle of the loading process, suddenly crashes to desktop without any message... Oddly though, I can get into that very same fight after restarting the game after the crash.:hmmm:
    Only that they then look like a bunch of extremely colorful dots down on the ground until they have come close enough, at which time they get replaced by the normal model and texture of them again, so I´d say that the problem lies in some of the sprites of them when being farther away on the battlemap.
    Thanks. I will see if I accidently changed the sprite for Scutarii but as far as I know I didn't touch other units besides Romans... Might the carsh happenes because the pc overheating or lack of RAM ? I found that RTW 1.5 vanilla even) on a same game settings produce a bit slowness in my pc than RTW 1.2 . I still only have 512 MB of RAM though

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss
    you shouldnt say such things... you know... they are infectious... so... I'M OFF TO PLAY VANILLA JULII!!! HEEELP!!!!!
    I've added night battle option, tempted to add the religion/cultural option, added legion name, make legionary cohort i recruitable only in Italy, make legionary cohort ii name legion and only in region where have resource legio (not all) while the archer auxilia and infantry auxilia in the non resource legio, got a reverse culture shock when taking Tarentum from the Gauls and see that I can straight away recruit Hastati & Principes (makes me wants to add the subjugation, colonization and assimiliation, but thinking that I'm 30 years in the campaign, just scrap it and make pre-marian recruitable in resource italy only ), added Pinarius horseskins and combined Sig's and EB's animation....

Hmm.. let's say RTW vanilla with RTR flavor..

And the worst thing is somehow I'm enjoying it.. damn.. There goes my realism spirit..

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaker

Generic Error

A few times I have had CTDs under the same situation. If I were, for example besieging a city and the enemy forces me to battle. I would annihilate the city garrison in battle, but after that the game would crash after selecting one of the conquest options. My only options are to auto-resolve the battle on the campaign map, or wither the enemy and force them to surrender. By the way, I don't get any message when I CTD.

And of course, there is that inability to play custom battles that I've mentioned to you before. Besides these, everything else is peachy.

Quote Originally Posted by Talos
    A few times I have had CTDs under the same situation. If I were, for example besieging a city and the enemy forces me to battle. I would annihilate the city garrison in battle, but after that the game would crash after selecting one of the conquest options. My only options are to auto-resolve the battle on the campaign map, or wither the enemy and force them to surrender. By the way, I don't get any message when I CTD.

And of course, there is that inability to play custom battles that I've mentioned to you before. Besides these, everything else is peachy.
    ActuallyI included the vegetation files but in the .pak files. I realized that vanilla RTW didn't include this in the .pak file so that's probably sometimesth engine couldn't find the models and caused CTD.

It's actually from the realistic landscape mod by Anyan which I included in the mod.

ActuallyI included the vegetation files but in the .pak files. I realized that vanilla RTW didn't include this in the .pak file so that's probably sometimesth engine couldn't find the models and caused CTD.

It's actually from the realistic landscape mod by Anyan which I included in the mod.
    The funny thing is, when I installed RTRPE with ImpII and launched using the RTW launcher, I was able to play custom battles. I distinctly remember how the terrain of all the maps looked different than I had seen before ("What are all these rocks in the Germanic forest doing here!?"). However, if I launched using the BI launcher, I was unable to initiate a custom battle. I have not been able to do this since I installed the 1.2 addon for Imperator, since trying to use the RTW launch does not work anymore.

Anyan's Avatar Civis

Anyone patch to this mod are relised?
    World around us may will be beautiful, if it`s understanding

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87018
    Creator mod for RTW "Realistic Landscape" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44843

You've installed RTRPE (and later Imperator) on BI v1.4 (non-patched BI) instead of patched v1.6 You've probably got the RTW/BO Gold CD version which CA (or SEGA) shipped with RTW patched to v1.5 but unfortunately BI which not patched to v1.6 (still v1.4)

Before installing RTRPE, run BI , choose option and check the number on the right screen corner. It should say 1.6
    Thanks, forgot the 1.6 patch

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Anyan
    Anyone patch to this mod are relised?
    There is one patch released. The link is at the beginnig of the thread.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Anyan's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Bello Gallicum
    There is one patch released. The link is at the beginnig of the thread.
    Tnx and greetings to gaul from east celt!
    World around us may will be beautiful, if it`s understanding

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87018
    Creator mod for RTW "Realistic Landscape" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44843

Miles

Much obliged

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.