Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

Warmaker's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

A very, very minor note:

For the loading bar, the Gladius in the unsheathed portion isn't aligned with the sheath. It looks a tad awkward.

RTRPE's version is lined up just fine, but it has the blood on the Gladius.

Hi!

When I try to download the v1.2 Patch, it says my download session is invalid.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

ah.....well, I'm just going to finish up this campaign then, are there any major bugs that would stop me from doing that? if so, I'm doomed to do just a little more waiting...

EDIT: by the way, you said you added a hording ability to Sarmatia, how??? I want to tweak my campaign a little bit (maybe give Greek cities, now almost destroyed, the horde ability as well as a few other consistant losers to help out )
    Last edited by Imperator-2; July 24, 2006 at 10:10 AM.

Tiro

So can we expect the AI improvements from DarthMod 8.0 incorporated into Imperator II. I have just played it with a the historical battle... and WOW! I never had so much fun when I was LOSING. Definitely needs to be in every mod and waiting for his stanealone improvements to be released.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I m in 252 BC and i just see 3 or 4 factions disapear . illiria, sarmatria, Phartia and other i dont remenber.I realy didnīt see but the game tolad me, and Why ?
    Because Macedonia and Seleucia are to strong , you have to restablish the helsopont (Bizantio ) landbrige to clash those overpowered kingdons ,and for what i see im the 3Š power faction the others (fews)living factions are residuals,(greece are only one citiy).

@ Lestat

surely you will make imperator III for RTR 7, I just love having seperate legios,

Hail the mighty 10th legio

Excellent mod! However I do have one question. If I am correct, you mentioned that the Marian reforms have been replaced with the imperial reforms. If so, how does one make the transition from pre-marian to marian, and then late republic-imperial legions?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Talos
    Excellent mod! However I do have one question. If I am correct, you mentioned that the Marian reforms have been replaced with the imperial reforms. If so, how does one make the transition from pre-marian to marian, and then late republic-imperial legions?
    The marian reform is still the get imperial palace in Italy thing for the republican legion while the 2nd reform (Imperial) will happen sometimes around 14 BC.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Maced0n's Avatar Domesticus

Is marian units recruitable after 2nd (imperial) reform?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo
    The marian reform is still the get imperial palace in Italy thing for the republican legion while the 2nd reform (Imperial) will happen sometimes around 14 BC.
    I see, so the second reform is scripted? Also, this may not be related to your mod, but I'm not able to do a custom battle in the game. Whenever I try to start a battle, it kicks me back to the battlefield selection screen. I admittedly copied and transfered the entire game from one PC to another PC with several discs, so I might have screwed something up, missed a critical file or something. Besides that, everything else works perfectly. You wouldn't happen to know the solution for this, would you?
    Last edited by Talos; July 24, 2006 at 09:09 PM.

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Talos
    I see, so the second reform is scripted? Also, this may not be related to your mod, but I'm not able to do a custom battle in the game. Whenever I try to start a battle, it kicks me back to the battlefield selection screen. I admittedly copied and transfered the entire game from one PC to another PC with several discs, so I might have screwed something up, missed a critical file or something. Besides that, everything else works perfectly. You wouldn't happen to know the solution for this, would you?
    yeah prob reinstall. and use the disc's. when moveing a installed program like that allota times it wont work.

Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo

The marian reform is still the get imperial palace in Italy thing for the republican legion while the 2nd reform (Imperial) will happen sometimes around 14 BC

so for imperial reforms you have to play 1,064 turn's!? useing 4tpy maybe it should happen sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by nightwar
    yeah prob reinstall. and use the disc's. when moveing a installed program like that allota times it wont work.

Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo

The marian reform is still the get imperial palace in Italy thing for the republican legion while the 2nd reform (Imperial) will happen sometimes around 14 BC

so for imperial reforms you have to play 1,064 turn's!? useing 4tpy maybe it should happen sooner?
    The marian or imperial ? Imperial is still around 14 BC using 4tpy

Quote Originally Posted by Maced0n
    Is marian units recruitable after 2nd (imperial) reform?
    Yes as long as the legionary barracks (which will only be avialable after imperial reform) wasn't build.

Great Mod
    Bad thing I get several random CTD's,
    I installed al the files correctly including the latest patch v 1.1
    On this moment game CTD at summer 259 BC.
    When I reload the game at 260 BC (saved game) all goes well till summer 259 than the game CTD again when i push the end turn button.
    I think it have something to do with the scripting part of the game.
    As it looks now the game are to unstable for me.
    Last edited by Davalord; July 25, 2006 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davalord
    Great Mod
    Bad thing I get several random CTD's,
    I installed al the files correctly including the latest patch v 1.1
    On this moment game CTD at summer 259 BC.
    When I reload the game at 260 BC (saved game) all goes well till summer 259 than the game CTD again when i push the end turn button.
    I think it have something to do with the scripting part of the game.
    As it looks now the game are to unstable for me.
    Yes. I agree it's not quite stable because of the inclusion o some BI features that were not fully tested.

There's so many factors which I'm unfortunately able to detect regarding the specific CTD and such and since I basically works alone and have not much time to tested it though might contribute to this unstable version.

One thing I'm sure is that when Roman rebel emerges it'll caused CTD. So for the time being, do not let the rebellion happens.

However, I will release a latest patch sometime after RTRPE 1.7 (full version) is released and that will be the the last patch for this series. Currently, I'm working for an extended RTRPE version base on BI (not porting to RTW) which will also included Imperator III.

This time though it's not only roman playable but few other faction (but have to be unlocked first though).

ETA probably mid August.

Note: It depends on RTR 7.0 actually, which one comes out first. :tooth:

Ty for the fast replay.
    This mean bugs can eat your life.
    I'm always beta testing for RTR AE, so I know the feeling to get all bugs (mean boo,boo's) out of a new version.
    This mod you created have so much potential. Keep up the good work.
    One thing!! maybe you should hire some buggy hunters for testing this great mod.

Miles

Hello there...so after scaling down the Macedonians (I did it all by myself!!! ) I tried again...and it works. And I even had a rebellion..somehow...and everything went well. I had a battle, they took my city (having my northern Pre-Marian Reform Army) and in the I managed it to take those cities back. So it DID work with me. But I wouldn't recommend it. It may not work.

And its now a great mod. And a lot of fun. Still some occansionaly CTDs, but nothing serious. 1 Rep from me that is...

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bello Gallicum
    Hello there...so after scaling down the Macedonians (I did it all by myself!!! ) I tried again...and it works. And I even had a rebellion..somehow...and everything went well. I had a battle, they took my city (having my northern Pre-Marian Reform Army) and in the I managed it to take those cities back. So it DID work with me. But I wouldn't recommend it. It may not work.

And its now a great mod. And a lot of fun. Still some occansionaly CTDs, but nothing serious. 1 Rep from me that is...
    Good to know. Then it means the CTD is usually happening because of some traits or ancillaries that spawns when the rebllion happen... Something that needs microscope to look at... :tooth:

or, for now, you can just disable the shadow-faction completely so no more CTD's! That's what I did and it works fine (had to start a new campaign though ) and although it does take out a big element it makes the game much more stable so I can enjoy all the OTHER fun features! just a suggestion...

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator-2
    or, for now, you can just disable the shadow-faction completely so no more CTD's! That's what I did and it works fine (had to start a new campaign though ) and although it does take out a big element it makes the game much more stable so I can enjoy all the OTHER fun features! just a suggestion...
    Interesting...so how do you do it? I am willing to start over and over again, if I have to. I got Holidays coming up

Edit: And I am going to FINISH!!! the campaign...

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.