Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Bello Gallicum
    Well, I just tried, and Makedonia is still expanding like mad. I really had to support the Illyrian finacially and with mercs to stop the rapid grow. Sea blockades as well...But with my first legions I'll strike...and then *harhar* :devil:
    Good luck to you. I still hasn't get my reform yet. Playing slowly, still consolidating Italy. My allies the Sarmatians has taken the old Thracian province as a new base right in the middle of the Macedonian Kingdom. Hopefully they'll be a thorn inside the vast Macedonian empire.

The Parthians are far from extinct anyway. Surely hope to have the legions battle with the Parthians sometime later.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Miles

Well. I did all I can. I really tried to keep the Macedo Empire down, but it doesn't work. It has every civilisation as enemy (exeption is Carthago) and is still unchallanged. A complete sea blockade doesn't make a difference. The Sarmatians are the only one who staid alive, and that's because of their hording abbillity (great plus, by the way ). At the time of the Carthagian Invasion, Macedon ownes all of Greece, the area between the eastern Adria coast and the black sea and has now reached the Rhine. It's very strange to get attacket by Macedon Pikemen in todays southern Germany (thats where I come from, so please ignore my english typing...my German typing as well, if you get the chance )...can you alter that. It's really bothering me, couse I spend most of the time with petty little merc campaigns in Greece instead of concentrating on Carthago.

Oh, and I had a CTD when it came to a roman senat rebellion...around 260. I had a savegame a few turns before that, so I didn't bother and just loaded that one. I could avoid the rebellion, though I actually wanted it to happen

After that I just wan't to thank you. The mod is a lot of fun. I love the diffrent legions. Oh. One of the legions (VI i think) can be recruited in Sicily and southern Italy. The discriptions tells me however, that the original place was southern Gaul. :hmmm: But that's not really important.

Edit: I used the new patch. Thought that might be important.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Well. I did all I can. I really tried to keep the Macedo Empire down, but it doesn't work. It has every civilisation as enemy (exeption is Carthago) and is still unchallanged. A complete sea blockade doesn't make a difference. The Sarmatians are the only one who staid alive, and that's because of their hording abbillity (great plus, by the way ). At the time of the Carthagian Invasion, Macedon ownes all of Greece, the area between the eastern Adria coast and the black sea and has now reached the Rhine. It's very strange to get attacket by Macedon Pikemen in todays southern Germany (thats where I come from, so please ignore my english typing...my German typing as well, if you get the chance )...can you alter that. It's really bothering me, couse I spend most of the time with petty little merc campaigns in Greece instead of concentrating on Carthago.

Oh, and I had a CTD when it came to a roman senat rebellion...around 260. I had a savegame a few turns before that, so I didn't bother and just loaded that one. I could avoid the rebellion, though I actually wanted it to happen

After that I just wan't to thank you. The mod is a lot of fun. I love the diffrent legions. Oh. One of the legions (VI i think) can be recruited in Sicily and southern Italy. The discriptions tells me however, that the original place was southern Gaul. :hmmm: But that's not really important.
    Edit: I used the new patch. Thought that might be important.
    Yeah. I gues the rebellion didn't work out I guess. I jmight try other approach but it will unfotunately have to start a new campaign. Probably I'll get this right in further patches. The same about the Macedonians.

The problem is I spend too much time on modding than actual playing, so I guess I should play more to get the balance right.

Edit: Don't worry about your English. Mine is worse.

Tiro

For some reason, every time I attack and beseige the Epirus fort, I conquer it without a single loss. What I mean is, I just take it over and the troops that were garrisoned there just disappear. There is no battle window popup, just the voice saying "Rome has conquered!" . Not that I mind of course:tooth:... Just seems rather redundant to have there if you can just beseige it, wait the three turns and them get the fort with no fight at all.

Hello Lesta A bug and a suggestion

Pushing Advisor in battle you get CTD

Cinbri e Teutones Horde was the greatest danger for Rome after Hannibal...The horde had 400.000 warriors, destroyed 3 roman armies and was the main cause of Marian reform. SO a random scrypt for a big Horde 120-110 BC should be realistic.
    So it could be for the Quadi-Marcomanni( with many Sarmatians that helped them) invasion that was the worst danger for the Roman Empire before the crisis.
    Last edited by Ettore; July 20, 2006 at 07:56 AM.

Miles

Just thought about something...what is the recommended difficultylevel to play your mod with? Perhaps that is the reason, why Macedonia is that strong.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Just thought about something...what is the recommended difficultylevel to play your mod with? Perhaps that is the reason, why Macedonia is that strong.
    Well the test and the build up (as in most mods) are done in M/M but personally I played on H/H

Quote Originally Posted by Ettore
    Hello Lesta A bug and a suggestion

Pushing Advisor in battle you get CTD

Cinbri e Teutones Horde was the greatest danger for Rome after Hannibal...The horde had 400.000 warriors, destroyed 3 roman armies and was the main cause of Marian reform. SO a random scrypt for a big Horde 120-110 BC should be realistic.
    So it could be for the Quadi-Marcomanni( with amny Saramtins that helped them) invasion that was the worst danger for the Roman Empire before the crisis.
    Thanks. That could be included with no rpblem at all except with the hardcoded marian reform. I mean the reform you get when having imperial palece etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaias
    For some reason, every time I attack and beseige the Epirus fort, I conquer it without a single loss. What I mean is, I just take it over and the troops that were garrisoned there just disappear. There is no battle window popup, just the voice saying "Rome has conquered!" . Not that I mind of course:tooth:... Just seems rather redundant to have there if you can just beseige it, wait the three turns and them get the fort with no fight at all.
    I think that a RTW 1.5 features.. It's the same on my experience with RTRPE also. Even with full stack the AI simply didn't comes out of the fort.

Edit: Can any moderator combine these 3 posts please. Thanks.

Miles

Well, I try it now on H/H. Perhaps then the Macedonians wont be that strong anymore.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

Only way to make macedon weak is to mod the file's yourself. that's what i did.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good ,finaly this thread has the attention that the mod ,deserves . Im in 258 and still it does not leave Italy,...well im raid polponesium , conquer sparta and other city , but im in trouble , i open the macedonian Front because i t found that they were very strong, I tried to weaken then, but its my error, and i dont have a israelian Air power :tooth: , im done.
    PS:I like PSs:I cant train Alae hastai ,Why?What i need to train hastai and other good units outsid rome?
    Last edited by pajomife; July 20, 2006 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt
    Good ,finaly this thread has the attention that the mod ,deserves . Im in 258 and still it does not leave Italy,...well im raid polponesium , conquer sparta and other city , but im in trouble , i open the macedonian Front because i t found that they were very strong, I tried to weaken then, but its my error, and i dont have a israelian Air power :tooth: , im done.
    PS:I like PSs:I cant train Alae hastai ,Why?What i need to train hastai and other good units outsid rome?
    Well basically I'm usually at RTR forum and the main thread there is more klively, but since the forum is down.. :tooth:

Anyway, non-roman hastati & principes can be train/restrained outside non Italian AOR (like Tarentum etc) when you have the Latinitas build (citizenship) If you choose the Provincials instead then you'll have to make do with the AOR units.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good work AngryTitusPullo this is the mod of moment.
    PS2:AngryTitusPullo I saw this name in HBO tv Serie Rome no?
    By the way in the first episode there are one small battle betwen Roman and gauls , and i saw one think that i never thought to be thus,THE first Roman battle line fought during some time ,later, the centurian gave order, through a whistle and this line withdrew for back, and was relieved for the second line, and thus successively, thus the Romans they always had cool fighters in front line.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by nightwar
    Only way to make macedon weak is to mod the file's yourself. that's what i did.
    Well, mhm I am a Mod player not modder myself, so...how???

Oh, and they are weaker on H/H. BUT: I think they didn't expand to the north because of their new protectorate Thracia.
    Last edited by Bello Gallicum; July 20, 2006 at 05:01 PM.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Hi i've played this mod few days ago but i think there much bugs...is the archer/slinger problem fixed?(i mean do they still think they are all rambo?)
    I loved the concipition of this mod cause i alway play as the romans and your mod were great at all :-) without these bugs :-(

Miles

I never saw archers running against my defense like little wannabe Chuck Norris. So I guess that that problem is fixed.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Romanus81
    Hi i've played this mod few days ago but i think there much bugs...is the archer/slinger problem fixed?(i mean do they still think they are all rambo?)
    I loved the concipition of this mod cause i alway play as the romans and your mod were great at all :-) without these bugs :-(
    I have actually seen this on many occasions with the Italic Velites, Cretan Archers, and Rodian Slingers. Though it only happens in vary specific instances. It seems when these missile units are group with a buch of spearman units, they like to 'act like rambo' and attack you with their melee instead of their ranged. Most of the time when it happened in my games the AI was moving around units and the missile units got mixed up with the spearman. In which they proceed to go into loose formation and charge with the rest of the spearman pack.

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt
    Good work AngryTitusPullo this is the mod of moment.
    PS2:AngryTitusPullo I saw this name in HBO tv Serie Rome no?
    By the way in the first episode there are one small battle betwen Roman and gauls , and i saw one think that i never thought to be thus,THE first Roman battle line fought during some time ,later, the centurian gave order, through a whistle and this line withdrew for back, and was relieved for the second line, and thus successively, thus the Romans they always had cool fighters in front line.
    Sorry for the late reply. I was busy trying adapting a new map for some project. About the name... Yeah it's from the HBO Rome. As to the way of fighting like at the start of the series, I think it's nothing that any modder can do, except CA makes it avilable that way.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

there was also an HBO series about the Thirteenth legion.... THIRTEEN!

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush