* A new single installer using the mod switch concept combining both RTRPE v1.8 & Imperator II
* New loading screen base on works by StudUK
* Revised starting denarii for factions. Rome starts with 20000 in Imperator Campaign and 100000 in Marian Campaign
* Updated unit stats by evil-SHADOW
* Nerfed Macedonia. Now the contest are mostly between the Greeks, Thrace and Illyria
* Tarentum, Syracuse and Qarthadast (Africa) starts with war ports. Romans can quickly develope naval fleets by taking these provinces (not that it's easy..)
* 2 new legions added, Adiutrix and Germanica using skins and UI by Limes (Ancient Empires)
* A new Collegia building added to all provinces to counter revolt CTD. A place where all walks of citizens and seedy characters gathered. Some for criminal activities and worse to spread rebellion.
* Senate button deleted thanks to Macedonn
* Give both starting Consular Legions a Consular Banner each (Imperator Campaign)
* Give each legion a Legion Banner according to legion number
Campaign Map :
* Revised RTR map by chanks
* Calaevia (city: Calaevia) in Germania.
* Border Changes - These are literaly everywhere and are far too numerous to list. Its easier to say only. Mainland Greece has not been touched. Mostly done to enhance road system, but also done to use natural features as borders.
* Port Addition - Segestica, Delmatia on the Adriactic now has ports. The South Caspian Sea also has more ports. Sardis nows has a port representing Ephesus. The port of Patavium has been moved off the river so it can be used for landings.
* Modified some settlement ownership to incorporate the new faction.
* Removes landbridges by Stalin Man of Steel
* No flags on stratmap showing troop levels in settlement. You'll need to use spies more before attacking any settlements. An idea from Caius Brittanicus' Crusades Mod.
* Some map correction by Anallein (RTRPE v1.8)
* Reworked auxilia buildings.
* Mini temples and auxilia buildings cannot be destroyed.
* Added garrison building for roman.
* Roman can only build one major temple, but many mini temples.
* A new 'collegia' placeholder building to prevent CTD (fix by Salvor Hardin for RTRPE)
New Roman building conditions :
In Imperator II, there's only one generic temple buildable by Romans. Except the starting province, all new conquered settlement can only build temple once it reached the 3rd level of auxilia (Societas). Romans don't really enforce their religion to the conquered nation and they in fact adapted those religions to Roman. The MTM temples are still in place and in fact Romans can build all 2 level temples avialable (shrine and statue). Please note that this demo hasn't been completed in term of editing names etc so you might find some has been renamed and some don't.
There's a thread above regarding the provinces. However, the 1st auxilia represents the subjagation campaign, the 2nd level represents the colonizatin process and the 3rd auxilia repserents intergration. After this level, player can choose whether to rule this province under Procurators (Provincial Government) which brings much wealth through trade but limited unit recruitment to only the AOR units or to grant this province full Roman Citizenship status where all citizens can enroll in the Roman Legion. Of course no AOR units are avilable anymore.
The naval condition is still the same as Imperator 1.0 version, which 2 types of ports are avilable. Trade ports for trading (3 levels) and War Ports for naval vessels (2 levels) which can only be build if the province has timber in it. This is basically an earlier version on naval mod.
This new building are buildable once the subjugation campaign is completed. It provides law bonuses and also where local militias are recruited. Once the province is romanized, the garrison can be upograded to be used as recruitment center for the Roman Legions.
* Build times.
Generally build times are doubled and so are the cost to take the 4tpy mod in effect.
* 2 new factions added which are Epirus (at the start of the campaign) and Roman Rebels which will emerge if the loyalty is low representing civil war.
New Units/Conditions :
* Pre-marian -
* Hastati , Principes & Triarii can only be recruitable in AOR Italy
* Alae Hastati & Alae Principes are recruitable outside AOR Italy
* Coloni Militum can be recruited both pre & post marian if Garrison is build
* Post-marian -
* Named Legion recruited according to specific AOR region
* Legio I Italica - Recruited from among the citizens all over Italy
* Legio II Augusta - Recruited from the former Carthaginian province
* Legio III Gallica - Recruited among various Gallic and Celtic tribes
* Legio IV Scythica - Recruited from the tribes of the Schytians and Sarmatians
* Legio V Macedonica - Recruited from the provinces of Macedonia
* Legio VI Ferrata - Recruited from the Greek Provinces
* Legio VII Alaudae - Recruited from the province of Gauls
* Legio VIII Gemina - Recruited from the provinces of Germania
* Legio IX Hispana - Recruited from the province of Iberia
* Legio X Primigenia - Legion recruited in Rome from among the true Roman citizens
* Legio XI Cyrenaica - Recruited from the conquered Egyptian province
* Legio XII Fulminata - Recruited from the Umbrian region in Italy
* Legio XIII Fretensis - Recruited from the province of Egypt and Syria
* Legio XIV Parthica - Recruited from among the citizens of the eastern provinces
* Legio XV Appolinaris - Recruited from the province of northern Italy
* Legio XVI Triana Fortis - Recruited from the Eastern provinces
* Legio XVII Claudia Pia Fidelis - Recruited from the conquered Eastern province
* Legio XVIII Macriana Liberatrix - Recruited from among the Iberians and Numidians
* Legio XIX Minervia - Recruited from Germans and the Numidians
* Legio XX Valeria Victrix - Recruited among various Dacian and and Scythian tribes
* Legio XXI Adiutrix - Recruited from the home regions of Umbria
* Legio XXII Germanica - Recruited among the tribes of Germania
Notes: While these legions historically exist, the numbers and recruitment area has been re-arranged for gameplay/balancing purposes. While their stats are basically the same, however diferent legion will act differently in different ground conditions. For example, a legion raised in Egypt will not perform well in the forest of Germania and will have trouble and prone to ambush.
* Imperial Legions - If one play longer into the campaign, with the birth of dynastic empire, all Roman Legions are recruited more in systematic way. Now the Legions are basically the same in weapons and armour. They will have a standardize equiptment and were given square shield instead of the regular oval shield and a new lighter but stronger armour famously known as the lorica segmenta.
* All footbase auxiliary units get 0 turn recruitment, generally all AOR units get 1 less turn recruitment from factions units.
* Imperator II uses scripts base on Marcus Camillus 4tpy version 1.92 with some add-ons
* Spawn army according to historical events
* Special diplomacy triggering for certain events
* Auto merged units from TFT mod (thanks Stuie)
* Client kingdom features by Epistolary Richards
* Imperial reform (disable the republican legion and introduce the imperial legions)
External mods included fully/partially:
* Marcus Camillus 4tpy v1.92 mod for RTRPE
* Darth Formation v16.0 for RTRPE
* Realistic landscape mod by Anyan
* Modding legions pack by GODzilla
* Bigger Roman Forts by LT1956
* New WarCry mod by NorthHammer
* New interface by Snake IV (editted/added by Macedonn)
* Sinuhet's AI formations 2.0 for "RTR Platinum Edition" (optional)
Unit Skins / Models / Sprites:
This mod basically uses the RTR graphics images except where stated. Different legionaries skins are re-use RTR skins from previous version
* Horse-skins by Pinarius
* Alae Hastati & Principes by GODzilla
* Roman centurions and Imperial legionsby GODzilla
* Roman officer skins by 1hHoplite
* Italian Swordsmen & Spearmen for Roman by Candelarius
* Naval reskins by Riczu74
* Roman standard from TFT mod (thanks Stuie !!)
* Epirote Pikemen skins by Koinos
* Some reskins for legionaries by King Arthur & Macedonn
* Unit card for Ferres/GODzilla/Pinarius skins by AlCord
* Some legions skins and UI's by Limes from Ancient Empires mod
* Updated legions UI cards by evil-SHADOW
* New Roman Legate and Greek General skins/models by Caius Brittanicus
* Imperator II was created for the designer and therefore reflects his view of gameplay
* This mod was never designed to rival any other mods, nor was it done for personal glory, but for personal gameplay satisfaction and I hope you'll do too
* This mod is base for Rome Total Realism : Platinum Edition v1.8
* There is no house rules to play this mod and every player is free to play in his own preferable way
* However, for best gameplay experience, it is advisable to play on huge unit setting, with hard campaign and battle
* (Included) preferences text file where my personal campaign is played. You can turn this off by deleting the preference folder before starting the game the first time
Very Special Thanks:
RTR developers, RTRPE members, TFT team, Marcus Cornelius Marcellus, Cheexsta, Ryman2489, Candelarius, Macedonn, Imperator, Sinuhet, Darth Vader, evil-SHADOW, Tiberius Nero, Stuie, King Arthur, Fattimus, chanks, Marcus Camillus, Koinos, Anallein, Snake IV, khsayathiya, TiFlo, CaesarCS, Riczu74, bucellarii, 1hHoplite, Salvor Hardin and the 77bc mod, Ahmose, Caius Brittanicus, Anyan, NorthHammer, Spartacus, GODzilla, Pinarius, AlCord, EB mod, RTR forum, twcenter.net forum, totalwar.org forum
Thanks to all those who supported this mod and voted as the 'Most Challenging Modification for RTR-2006', special thanks to Marcus Cornelius Marcellus for his S.P.Q.R. Redux AAR which help alot to advertise this mod further, the players who comment and report regarding bugs etc. Also if there's anyone who I might have miss whom believes that they have contributed in the developement of this mod I apologize for the mistake and p.m. me and all will be corrected.
Imperator II is not supported or endorsed in any way by The Creative Assembly, Activision or Sega. All of the work included with this modification is mostly my own, and has not been taken, borrowed or stolen from anyone. Credit has been given when and where necessary. Note that any infringements present are purely unintentional. This material in this modification may be included in other public modifications in a complete and unaltered state. Adaptation may only be made to the extent necessary for the material to be used as intended by the creator. These conditions can be waived with the creator's express permission. It also may not be used for any commercial purpose. The creator of the modification must be identified within the credits included in any release. If you wish to use any part of this modification (i.e. my own work, not that of The Creative Assembly) in your own projects, please contact me in the form of a Private Message. Additionally, the work of other modders is included with this modification, so you will need to be given specific permission from the author(s) if you wish to use their work in your own projects.
This modification also includes some images from HBO series Rome. If you find it offensive and believe that it is illegal to use the images, you can delete the eventpics folder inside the ui/roman/eventpics folder.