Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Napoleon Feedback for version 2.5 and above

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon Feedback for version 2.5 and 2.5+

Hi , 1. Playing the Italian Campaign and must say one of the best campaigns I have had so far.Especially concerning the diplomacy.Allied with France and Spain against the rest. Teamwork is very good. I have had one problem before though, being a Protectorate of a nation(playing a Netherlands Campaign), Austria made peace with me, just to attack the nation I'm protecting. I there a way to warn a country to stop it's attack or I will have to declare war again? So basically an option to ask a nation to stop a war with a certain faction. 2.Another question, I group all my armies the same,Cavalry-1 to 3, Artillery-4 to 5 and Infantry- 6 to 0. What I find irritating is grouping every time a battle starts,Is it possible to the grouping saved for each army, so at start of the battle, it's already set up like your previous battle and so on.? 3. Thank you for a amazing mod! 2.5+ effects are amazing and truly makes the game a pleasure to play, like mentioned before, like watching a movie.

Hi something I forgot to add in previous post;

I'm playing the Italian Campaign, I usually use 6 lb horse artillery,of the four cannons of the unit, only 3 have units manning them,so only 3 cannons are firing..

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Also noticing unit pack discrepancies. Young and old guard have rank fire. Middle guard don't for example.

Because the units are so big units gain experience rather too fast as they all get so many kills/casualties.
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; July 08, 2012 at 09:53 AM.

It needs more blood in the effects. Epires mech donald mod is waaay better in empire. So to summarize, more blood please

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Also noticing unit pack discrepancies. Young and old guard have rank fire. Middle guard don't for example.

Because the units are so big units gain experience rather too fast as they all get so many kills/casualties.
    Hey what are you talking about? Middle guard have rank fire and almost 200 units are added which all of them got a huge balance care and as I know there is no discrepancy, and if there is, report it and do not make it sound like everything is all messed up. You do not help this way.

The smoke is absolutely brilliant. I was defending a river crossing the other day and my cannon smoke had drifted across the river to obscure everything. I zoomed in to get a look at the infantry defending the crossing and then out of nowhere a squadron of dragoons comes crashing out of the smoke with swords held high. It was the most epic/terrifying thing I'd seen in a long time. The CAI is also better, utilizing ambushes and defending chokepoints along the Pyrenees. I nearly lost Moore after ambushing Napoleon and being ambushed in turn by Davout.

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

Would it be possible to increase the number of cannon to offset the poor kill rate?
    Also the Italian Campaign is looking excellent now that my men have some boots on their feet.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

I started a French campaign, and my Infantry don't have Rank Fire for some reason
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

You need to research it, the same thing happened to me. It left me a bit puzzled as well for short while after my first battle.
    I prefer the LME/EIC method which simulates platoon fire when everybody in the first 3 ranks can fire.

Unless that is also a researchable firing method....I haven't got very far into the campaign yet
    Last edited by gaunty14; July 09, 2012 at 10:14 AM.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

You have to research "Fire and advance", if I remember correctly. As far as I know, only Prussia got it from the beginning.
    EN TIBI UT SENTIAS QUAM VILE CORPUS SIT IIS QUI MAGNAM GLORIAM VIDENT
    C. MUCIUS SCAEVOLA

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Ah, fair enough. This explains a lot, because last time I played DM (v2.1) I played as Prussia and they had it.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Hi im playing this mod again i have the latest version and spain who i am there protectors just declared war on me, and they have besieged gilbralter and i hover over spain and it says im there protectors so what's up with that lol?

TheNewKing
    I await your new epic screenshots Does in the next turn happen also?

By the way all... DarthMod Napoleon v2.5++ is being uploaded now. Will provide full changelog.

---EDIT---
    This is the changelog

Version 2.5++ "Mythos Edition"

• Artillery more powerful in the battlefield as widely requested. (Also the impact effects of solid shots have been improved).
    • Several CAI recruitment options have been optimised.
    • AI France more aggressive to be able to survive and prevail against the CAI alliance packs (In DarthMod alliances are realistic and helpful).
    • Britain more aggressive so to attack and invade more often.
    • Naval guns more powerful against crew and have more range. Additionaly many naval gameplay mechanics have been re-balanced for compensation.
    • CAI better army positioning in the campaign map, hopefully leading to more AI strategic maneuvering.
    • BAI Formations improved and they make the AI to be far more effective in attacking/defending, in protecting the general and in artillery usage.
    • The Albtraum23 modified deployment zones submod included in DarthMod is now not creating CTD in siege battles (removed all the possible causes which means siege battles have normal deployment zones).
    Last edited by DARTH VADER; July 10, 2012 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Updated the changelog

Hi Darth yeah it happens in next turn, i loaded the campaign up before it happens and the same thing they declare war, here are the screenshots

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I will add some new epic screenshots soon, with your new change log is it best to start again or will it work from a load game thanks

what about changing the freaking skirmisher ranges? its like you read all the posts but mine

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by mrose1506 View Post
    what about changing the freaking skirmisher ranges? its like you read all the posts but mine
    Shhhh. Shhhh. No tears. Only dreams now.

I have returned

mrose1506
    I do not ignore you I just do not agree with your idea. Right now the Light infantry and Skirmishers are perfect for their role and it would be silly to be able to fire so much ahead of Line Infantry while carrying same technology guns.

Hawkeye74's Avatar Tiro
    Based in Indonesia originally from Scotland East Coast

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon Feedback for version 2.5 and above

I was about to have a whinge about the BAI on the defence, saying that whatever happened between 2.5 and 2.5+ something changed, and it was back to the old can't stand still running round in circles....but then I noticed it's 2.5++....

So that's all moot...although, it was the case I believe, anyhoo, I'll get 2.5++ down and get stuck into it and post some feedback as soon as I can.

Now, I know I said I'd shut up about the smoke, but I think it's just right, the opacity and the colour, however (the constructive bit) I do still think it's moving too fast") I'm sure you're tired hearing me say that, last time promise. At the end of the day, if that's how you want it, I'm sure I'll be able to live with it.

CAI is nails by the way, that old fashion narrative feeling is definitely there since the AI is responding in a very realistic way, naval wise he's wrecked my trade attacked my smaller raiding fleets, and most interestingly GB's main fleet has been dancing around my main fleet as I'm raiding a trade lane off the French coast, seems to be attempting to provoke me, beautiful! I get the feeling the AI is aware of the potential consequences of a 'for the title' battle, nuff said, fantastic work.

Peace.
    Ships! I see no ships!

Adreno's Avatar Senator

I have lots of problems with the campaign AI.. since yesterday ive tried about 4 different campaigns, sweden/prussia/UK/France and none were really playable except for maybe UK.. ive noticed that austria and france have gotten too massive boosts.. austria so much so that it usually kicks france's ass all on its own and will end up with half of europe.. the problem with the CAI is that it declares upon you for no reason whatsoever.. even if you are allied with these nations one will declare on you and the rest will follow..(even though they wont be showed joining in the war declaration screen) which completely sucks.. also the minor nations love to backstab even if the turn before you had a trade agreement and they were friendly.. yerrr

edit-just noticed the update today, ill have a new look
    Last edited by Adreno; July 10, 2012 at 09:24 AM.

CAI, i think is too agressiv now... (2.5++) only finetuning necessary.

artillery just a little bit too powerfull, maybe a bit finetuning in precission???

french moral about 2-3 to high, overall...

just my 2cents

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast