Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bigger Problem with Mumakil Training Ground again

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Bigger Problem with Mumakil Training Ground again

So how should I apply this fix? I've got the vanilla 3.2, no submods. Do I install the file on the first page? If so, what then? If I just open something up and make the edit myself, which file am I opening and editing?

I kinda need someone to talk me through this step by step.

C:\(program filesx 86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data - export_descr_buildings
    press ctrl+f
    type in MUMAKIL
    press enter (you will probably have to press enter twice, you'll know it when you see it anyway)
    you will have two 'entries' the first will have this line:
    mumakil_training_ground city requires factions { spain, } and hidden_resource mumakil and building_present_min_level equestrian knights_stables

and the second will have this line:
    mumakil_castle_training_ground castle requires factions { spain, } and hidden_resource mumakil and building_present_min_level c_equestrian c_knights_stables

you need to swap the parts in red like for like. So the TOP line says c_... and the bottom line doesn't have the two c_
    It is as simple as adding c_ to the top line's 'equestrian' and 'knights_stables' and deleting the c_ from the corresponding lower section.

Alternatively, if you haven't modded your export_descr_buildings at all then download the pre-made file and copy and PASTE OVER the existing file in the directory I provided at the top of this post.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

You're a star, thank you for the help. Fingers crossed I've done it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneybags14 View Post
    I have found the problem, it is a simple mistake and I can completely understand why KK made it. In fact I always made this mistake and had to go back and double check

Here is the coding inside EDB for MTG...
    Hello!
    Your solution seems to be nice, but can you help me please someone? I can't find this *** edb file. Can someone tell me precisely how and where can I find this thing please?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

EDB is short for export_descr_buildings.txt, that is found in your Third_Age_3/data-folder

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default So bummed

Yeah ... I'm at turn 305, I have at least 4 cities/citadels that should have Mumakil Drill Square available.

But, ya know ... maybe we're just not the same Harad that would enslave these beautiful beasts for the purpose of war. I've exterminated the Orcs, then the Dwarves, then the Numenoreans... All that's left are both Elven factions and the Free People. My first war was against Mordor.

So maybe we're good guys and we don't, ya know, use Mumakil.

But that's a helluva glitch.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Or maybe you're guys who prefere to write posts ranting instead of fixing the situation according to descriptions given and just go on with it?

We migth never know...

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123