Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Full Map Coverage Preview 2012, Over 100 Preview Pictures

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Road to Jerusalem Map...Anatolia and Georgia Map Pictures Added...20 July 2012

I've been lookign for a crusade mod.

This is awesome!

Default Re: Road to Jerusalem Map...Anatolia and Georgia Map Pictures Added...20 July 2012

Look's Awesome

@ Swagger, thanks mate, it looks like Master Zuma already has you in his credits list!

@ Aragorn1963 and Larkin, i had to tweak alot of settlements positions from where i had originally had them placed, especially on the Holy Land coast. This is due to how the settlement sits on the tile, the few tiles that surround the settlement can default to the same height that the settlement is at, this can result in ugly and unusual looking land mass. I'll have to see if i can find an example to show you........

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

excellent news ! can I help you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    excellent news ! can I help you ?
    Hi mate, thanks for the offer. If you contact Master Zuma, he pulls the strings, he might have something you can do.

SpyrosM91's Avatar Despotes

can you pinpoint the starting date...??

because there are some settlement names that must be changed, in anatolia and the balkans...
    Proud Tsardoms Total War: Historian - Coder - Scripter - Mapper

Quote Originally Posted by SpyrosM91 View Post
    can you pinpoint the starting date...??

because there are some settlement names that must be changed, in anatolia and the balkans...
    Start date 1144, and the settlement and province names are still wip.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

I got the alpha to work for steam.

SpyrosM91's Avatar Despotes

Quote Originally Posted by dannyxx30 View Post
    Start date 1144, and the settlement and province names are still wip.
    Vlora--> Avlon
    Trikala --> Trikkala
    Pristina was not important back then... better place Skopia.. modern-day Skopje
    Messini-->Methoni (change settlement, it's better...)
    Sozopolis-->Messibria (Nesembar...change settlement, it's better...)
    Sofia-->Serdica
    Sampsun-->Amisus
    Kastamonu-->Kastamoni
    Karahissar-->Nikopolis (but i think you should place another settlement.. instead of this... "Philomelion" is better...modern day Aksehir)
    Milas-->Mylasa
    Fethiye-->Makri
    Heraklion-->Chandax
    Isparta-->Baris
    Finike-->Foinikous
    and Usak, wasn't that important back then
    Alanya-->Kalonoros
    Anamur-->Anemourion
    ephesus was just a small village by then... better place Tralleis..modern-day Aydin

That's all for now..
    Proud Tsardoms Total War: Historian - Coder - Scripter - Mapper

@ SpyrosM91, thankyou and appreciation for your help.

Some lesser known settlements have been included to add variation in settlement size/type etc and in some cases for better spacing between settlements throughout the map.

Although the names of the settlements and provinces will be changed over the next few weeks, unfortunately due to the advanced stage of the map, settlements will not be changed or moved etc. However when the beta has been released , i will review settlement placement and if there are better options for us to include, i will make any changes i feel are necessary.

so does that mean your close to a beta for this ??

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post11702947

Quote Originally Posted by Master Zuma View Post
    when will there be a patch or another version for it
    end of August - release date of beta.

nice map but the citys in arabia are 70% non historic......

Quote Originally Posted by ALFAJI View Post
    nice map but the citys in arabia are 70% non historic......
    Like, what ones?

Mecca, Jedda?

With all due respect i have about 12 settlements in Arabia, your telling me that about 9 of these settlements weren't around in the 12th century, im afraid your going to have to show me some proof to back up your above statement!

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    I prefered the old mountains more. Plus the new mountains are bugged with the needle peaks thing. Anyway overall the map looks very good
    I will at some point in the future sort the needle pointed mountains out.

Default Re: Road to Jerusalem Map...Full Map Coverage Preview 2012, 100 Preview Pictures

Awesome,i'll wait this mod!

Quote Originally Posted by danny X View Post
    Like, what ones?

Mecca, Jedda?

With all due respect i have about 12 settlements in Arabia, your telling me that about 9 of these settlements weren't around in the 12th century, im afraid your going to have to show me some proof to back up your above statement!
    well see the proof in wiki and if you want me to show you ok

but you map of arabia is mostly worng and non historic and if you need help i'll be glad too

and i'm the arabian researcher for BC and this is my list to you if you want citys on the map

Oman = Suhar-Masqat-Nizwa-Sur
    Bahrian (east arabia) =AlQatif-AlAhsa-Bahrian
    Najd=AlYamamah-Authah-Fayd
    Hijaz= Makkah-AlMadinah-Jeddah-Yanbu-Altaif

i Hope you like them and i will send you there locations ween you would like to add them

Default Re: Full Map Coverage Preview 2012, Over 100 Preview Pictures

This looks very promising, looking forward to seeing more.

Any news?

I've not heard even a peep for a long time unfortunately.

But I've released the map as a resource here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Near-East-Map

It's incorporated into BareGeomod so should load up once installed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast