Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Discussion of artwork in TEGold

  1. #1

    Default Discussion of artwork in TEGold

    Edit - split out from the TE Gold preview thread - Tac

    I do hope you will be crediting special thanks to RTR for using alot their 2d art.
    Last edited by Tacticalwithdrawal; June 28, 2006 at 02:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Kaweh's Avatar Aerani
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    2,248

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Caius Britannicus
    I do hope you will be crediting special thanks to RTR for using alot their 2d art.
    If you do mean the symbols or banners, well I made them, and the symbols are not "RTRs 2dArt, cause they are not exactly their symbols, and all of the reference material can be found in the internet (obviously, NOT on the RTR homepage)
    They inspired me, yes, but that's all.

    Or should RTR be credited because I used the Macedonian sun symbol too, in your opinion?

    K.K

    SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

  3. #3

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    Ah, well I did work on the mod and I have first hand access and was with the artist that hand painted the RTR art. And many of them are IDENTICAL to his. The ptolemaic eagle, the macedon vergina sun, the carthage symbol (blue, white and yellow completely taken right from teh rtr banner) the parthia symbol the sen merv taken from the parthia banner. The some others are the same symbols but you did change them. Now wether you just changed them or you remade your own I don't know. But come on, don't lie to me.

  4. #4
    Kaweh's Avatar Aerani
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    2,248

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Caius Britannicus
    Ah, well I did work on the mod and I have first hand access and was with the artist that hand painted the RTR art. And many of them are IDENTICAL to his. The ptolemaic eagle, the macedon vergina sun, the carthage symbol (blue, white and yellow completely taken right from teh rtr banner) the parthia symbol the sen merv taken from the parthia banner. The some others are the same symbols but you did change them. Now wether you just changed them or you remade your own I don't know. But come on, don't lie to me.
    Well, e.g. the Ptolemaic symbol was copied from the RTR banner, yeah. But the macedonian sun symbol and most of the other symbols were NOT copied. A lot of symbols were remade by me and the RTR symbols inspired me, but non the less, they are my work.

    I can PM you the links of my reference material, if you want.

    Oh, and we should debate this via PM and not spoil Lusteds thread.

    EDIT: And the Carthaginian symbol is not going to be used in Gold.

    K.K

    SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

  5. #5

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaweh K.
    Well, e.g. the Ptolemaic symbol was copied from the RTR banner, yeah. But the macedonian sun symbol and most of the other symbols were NOT copied. A lot of symbols were remade by me and the RTR symbols inspired me, but non the less, they are my work.

    I can PM you the links of my reference material, if you want.

    Oh, and we should debate this via PM and not spoil Lusteds thread.

    K.K

    I'm not taking this to pm, because I'm not gonna let you lie to my face and the face of the people here that would believe you. That macedonian symbol is the RTR one. ITS IDENTICAL

    Here are RTR's banners
    http://www.rometotalrealism.org/gall...m&g2_itemId=84
    you can see that the macedonian is identical, the seleucid one is just recolored from blue to grey you also just recolored the armenian banner. Why continue to lie? If you had just told the truth to start I wouldn't even be upset. But lying so many times. I have lost all respect for you.

  6. #6
    Kaweh's Avatar Aerani
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    2,248

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1


    My macedonian symbol reference material.

    Wait a minute and I'll post more links of my reference material.

    As I said before, some symbols were copied, e.g. Ptolemaios and Carthage and Scythia. Germania's symbol is the same you used, but not copied from your banner. Iberias symbol may be on the preview, but I did change it before releasing. But for the Parthia symbol, the Simorgh, which you clearly said I copied, I can provide you my reference material, just wait a few minutes.

    K.K

    SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

  7. #7

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    Thats nice, the symbol may have a reference but that doesn't change the fact that ITS IDENTICAL IN COLOR TO THE RTR ONE. Def, RTR's former 2D artist had to paint the color into the parthian one. Why keep up the charade. Providing references doesn't change the fact that they LOOK IDENTICAL TO RTRs work in color and shape. Anyone can see it.

  8. #8
    Kaweh's Avatar Aerani
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    2,248

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    I in fact used a COLORED simorgh symbol, I'm searching it in the internet.

    K.K

    SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

  9. #9

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    So you are telling me that its just a complete coincidence that your art LOOKS IDENTICAL to the RTR art. :|

  10. #10
    Kaweh's Avatar Aerani
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    2,248

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    Erm... No. It INSPIRED me. Wihch means that they have a certain similiarity to RTRs symbols. But the fact that some symbols (and I mean the symbols, not the buttons in general) look identical to RTRs, is not a proof. Just look some post above you stated that the Macedon symbol was copied out of RTRs banner, and I provided you my reference material, and you didn't mention it again.

    I found the Parthian symbol COLOURED in the internet, on a site that you may know, there are a lot of symbols, e.g Mjölnir, the Roman Senate symbol, Egyptian and German symbols, Zoroastrian symbols, and a lot more. I can't find the site right now, I have to PM Seasoned Alcoholic, since he gav me the link. But once I have found this site, and I'll try to find it damn fast, I can provide you with all my reference material, and you all may judge if I'm lying or not.

    I allready said RTRs symbols inspired me, but you said e.g. the macedonian symbol was IDENTICAL and straightly copied from RTRs banner, but it was not true, and I prooved it. And I can't change the historical Macedonian sun just to make it different from the RTR one, can I?

    K.K

    SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

  11. #11

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    Hmm...i like the new citys and ports they look cool.Nice work so far.

    The factions symbols are nice to and im not saying you copied them but as an RTR player they do look a good bit like the RTR symbols.
    Last edited by Trega; June 28, 2006 at 12:20 PM.

  12. #12
    Kaweh's Avatar Aerani
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    2,248

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Trega
    The factions symbols are nice to and im not saying you copied them but as an RTR player they do look a good bit like the RTR symbols.
    Well, I said more than once that I like the RTR symbols and they inspired me.

    K.K

    SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

  13. #13

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    I did mention it again. I said you may say that that was the reference material but it doesn't change the fact that its identical to the RTR one in color and shape.

    You may want to change your tune when you see this. Side by side comparison of your work with RTR's. Are you sure it just INSPIRED you?



    EDIT: Yes, Spirit is right. I should add. Excellent work Lusted, I know none of this is your fault. Quality work from you as always. Sorry I didn't take this to pm, but if I did no one would have known the truth.

  14. #14
    Kaweh's Avatar Aerani
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    2,248

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    I say it again, there is a certain similiarity. But they do not look THE SAME. In all banners, the color was changed, the size of most symbols does not fit (because they were NOT copied straightly.) Armenias RTR banner is green, mine is violett, which changes the way it looks completely! Parthias banner has a LOT differences, the only thing that reminds of the RTR banner is the symbol.

    Now let us take an example, and I ask all who read this: If you compare my Parthian banner, or my Armenian banner with the RTR ones, would you say I need RTRs permission to release them???? God, that's insane.

    The only case I'd say yeah, you're right, they are nearly identical is the carthage banner.

    SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

  15. #15

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaweh K.
    I say it again, there is a certain similiarity. But they do not look THE SAME. In all banners, the color was changed, the size of most symbols does not fit (because they were NOT copied straightly.) Armenias RTR banner is green, mine is violett, which changes the way it looks completely! Parthias banner has a LOT differences, the only thing that reminds of the RTR banner is the symbol.

    Now let us take an example, and I ask all who read this: If you compare my Parthian banner, or my Armenian banner with the RTR ones, would you say I need RTRs permission to release them???? God, that's insane.

    The only case I'd say yeah, you're right, they are nearly identical is the carthage banner.

    ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Changing colours slightly or darkenig things is a basic photoshop procedure. I can't believe you would lie like this. Seriously. They are all identical. All you did was basic color changing and brightness changing. man. You are some piece of work.

  16. #16

  17. #17
    Kaweh's Avatar Aerani
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    2,248

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Caius Britannicus
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Changing colours slightly or darkenig things is a basic photoshop procedure. I can't believe you would lie like this. Seriously. They are all identical. All you did was basic color changing and brightness changing. man. You are some piece of work.
    This is not true.

    But yeah, I didn't completely change the banners form to differ it from the RTR one!
    Yeah, I used identical reference material!

    Oh god, my banners look similiar to RTR!

    Yeah, I didn't ask RTR which reference material they used to be sure I do not use it too!

    'till, now no one claimed they were copied, except of you. They said they remind them of the RTR banners, which is true.

    I didn't use simple color vhanging, I did much more. And even if I did (which I didn't!), the end product would be something else and I wouldn't need permission from you.

    And I remember slightly that RTR had permission problems with some loading screens.

    And everytime I play RTR, the units, especially the phalanxes remind me of EB units. Why? Because you mostly used the same reference material.

    Well, I do not wonder that there were some arguments with great mods like EB from RTRs side, with guys like you who think RTR is simply THE mod and everything that looks slightly similiar to RTR is COPIED and STOLEN, and every mod that aims reality (EB) is bad and a simple copy of RTR.

    K.K

    Quote Originally Posted by M. Vipsanius Agrippa
    Take it to PM.
    Read that after I wrote this, sorry.

    K.K

    SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

  18. #18

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    Hardly, that picture I posted is all the proof I need. You my friend do not deserve the rank of civitate on these forums. I wish you well, and don't end this argument because you are right. RTR used osprey pictures but then used screenshots from their game. RTR phalanx units look nothing like EB's even eb will tell you that. If you want to make outrageous claims go right ahead. But the fact remains that you took work changed it slightly and refuse to give mention to the original creators. That in my opinion is the lowest thing a modder can do. Good day.

  19. #19
    John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    New England, US
    Posts
    12,503

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    This thread is closed until Lusted gets back.

  20. #20
    Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Stirling, Scotland
    Posts
    7,014

    Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 1

    ok, thread now re-opened. I'm happy the discussion continues but please keep it in this thread only, try to keep it factual and (most importantly) please wait until Lusted is around. Ideally keep the discussionsto PM's or MSM and then just post a resolution here.

    As several other moderators have said, this discussion should stay in this thread, not spill out to the Curia please.

    Finaly, would those not directly involved pleae refrain from posting in the thread, many thanks - Tac
    Last edited by Tacticalwithdrawal; June 28, 2006 at 02:19 PM.
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......
    ______________________________________________________________

    Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)
    ______________________________________________________________
    Child of Seleukos, Patron of Rosacrux redux, Polemides, Marcus Scaurus, CaptainCernick, Spiff and Fatsheep

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •