Thread: Text bug

Default Text bug

Hey LME team,

Let me start by saying that THIS MOD IS AWESOME! I've seriously not played a better mod for N:TW.
    Now my question. I have this big with more mods but the first time playing this one it didn't occur which made me very happy.

However, ever since I opened the game a second time ALL my NEW unit's TITLE AND DESCRIPTIONS are GONE. I know it probably doesn't load a file anymore, heard something earlier about localisation.loc.

But my question really is ofcourse - HOW TO FIX THIS?!

Default Re: Text bug

never mind - fixed it
    apparently it was an campaign choice issue ^_^ I had to choose proper campaign =p
    Thread closed?

Sorry... It's NOT fixed.
    The Early Campaign is fine, but I tried the 1815 and 1813 campaigns... more then half of the Unit descriptions and titles are missing..
    Why?

OKAY - I FOUND THE SOLUTION

NOTE: I didn't test the Peninsular Campaign.

So this is it.
    1. When you play ANY campaign OTHER then the 1795 campaign, it everything will start as it's supposed to start. However, EVERY name and description of any special unit will NOT be present.
    2. When you play the 1795, you can start a respective campaign (only as French REPUBLIC with Napoleon as "Consul"). However, loading ANY other campaign of this mod (so other then the 1795 campaign) via a save file made in that mod mode WHILE playing 1795 mode, will NOT crash the game. On the contrary - it will let you play that campaign as well (for it's probably only scripted for other starting regions) AND it WILL show every title and description of EVERY unit =D

I think you guys may want to save this note for everyone experiencing the some problem?

Cheers! and thanks again for this awesome mod

Having the same problem myself i did some search and found out it's caused by leftover mod's text files. Mine were in nap.loc file. I'm pretty sure I didn't need it anymore so I deleted it and all better!

That's good. Because the only problem I had with the method described above was that the nations and flags weren't proper if I loaded a Campaign in another mode then I got started with it... I'll try it, give feedback soon.

I'm loving the mod more and more day by day btw! ^_^

THANKS! worked as magic!
    I would +rep you if I only knew how...

Cheers and thanks again!

I'm glad it worked! I actually had to fix like 3-4 problems like this that i was having almost all on my part though lol

I don't think either of us can rep because we don't have enough posts? NEITHER OF US KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING

haha, ain't that right. I don't know if it's just me, but I think it's kind of weird that even after my 22 posts I can't even delete or edit my own posts... I mean, come on - if I wouldn't know what I was doing. Now everyone else has to do it for me =')

Seems almost like everyone else is ignoring this our little thread here while it's actually quite good troubleshooting.. Whatever.
    Thanks again mate! Been playing it all evening.

What were your other issues btw?