Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New!! KGCM v4.3 one file install instructions with download links

Default Re: New!! KGCM v4.3 one file install instructions with download links

one file link can only be used for the kgcm, the other download on it (for the teutonic order) doesn't work

Hi there,

I've just downloaded and launched your campaign mod recently - first impressions: looks great. The map is awesome, BUT, I found a potential bug and I'd like to hear your opinion on it (has anyone else encountered it, etc.).

When I'm in the 'Select faction' screen and I am browsing through the factions, clicking one faction-icon after another, at one point (after 10-15 clicks on other factions) the game crashes and it just quits. Is that actually a bug of some sort?

Cheers!

Sorry for the double-post, but just to specify - I play on Windows 7 and have regular non-steam version of the game.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightiest View Post
    Hi there,

I've just downloaded and launched your campaign mod recently - first impressions: looks great. The map is awesome, BUT, I found a potential bug and I'd like to hear your opinion on it (has anyone else encountered it, etc.).

When I'm in the 'Select faction' screen and I am browsing through the factions, clicking one faction-icon after another, at one point (after 10-15 clicks on other factions) the game crashes and it just quits. Is that actually a bug of some sort?

Cheers!
    Thank you for your comments, and glad you are enjoying the mod.

The faction selection anomaly is a known 'feature' of the M2TW engine. It can be improved, but in this case the effort is not worth the result.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Thanks for your reply,

I've got some further questions though

1) In the battle screen I do not see the unit banners. It's hard to distinguish who's who :[. NOTE: First, I had another error (the unit bar at the bottom was just white) and I read that you need to remove "battle.sd" file from data to fix that. Indeed, the unit bar works fine now, but wasn't that responsible for the banners as well? Is there any way I can get them back, without corrupting the unit bar yet again?

2) Does the CPU get any extra money/units on VD/VD? I play as Venice, and those Byzantines are marching out with one huge army after another. Is it just because, they've got so many regions and can afford that, or does the 'Very Difficult' AI have some sort of handicap? NOTE #2: I have disabled the garrison script.

Thanks for your help in advance

Overall, after some time spent in the KGCM - there's no doubt about it being epic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightiest View Post
    Thanks for your reply,

I've got some further questions though

1) In the battle screen I do not see the unit banners. It's hard to distinguish who's who :[. NOTE: First, I had another error (the unit bar at the bottom was just white) and I read that you need to remove "battle.sd" file from data to fix that. Indeed, the unit bar works fine now, but wasn't that responsible for the banners as well? Is there any way I can get them back, without corrupting the unit bar yet again?

2) Does the CPU get any extra money/units on VD/VD? I play as Venice, and those Byzantines are marching out with one huge army after another. Is it just because, they've got so many regions and can afford that, or does the 'Very Difficult' AI have some sort of handicap? NOTE #2: I have disabled the garrison script.

Thanks for your help in advance

Overall, after some time spent in the KGCM - there's no doubt about it being epic.
    It has been some time since I have addressed this but:
    Open the medieval2.preference.cfg file in the M2TW folder with notepad and look for this line:
    disable_arrow_markers = 0
    If it is set to 1, change it to 0, save and try it. I can't remember if it is save game compatible or not.
    I cannot remember if KGCM uses any scripts to increase the number of units/money for the AI.

disable_arrow_marker is set to 0 :/

Success! I have brought them back. If anyone else needs it - you need to open the file Stylix had mentioned and make sure that the item "show_banners" is set to "1".

I am Having problem when i add traits to young priest or merchants game crashes on me can someone help?

Quote Originally Posted by fennix102 View Post
    I am Having problem when i add traits to young priest or merchants game crashes on me can someone help?
    How are you trying to add them?

I am adding them through give_trait_this Missionary 3 cheat code

That trait may not be allowed for that faction, culture or religion.

I am Wales

Downloading, 2 hours and 30 minutes left. 0.1/1.4 GB left. Single file download is so painful. *.* I'll wait though. :3
    Cymru am byth!

"It's me, Smeagol."
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillology View Post
    Downloading, 2 hours and 30 minutes left. 0.1/1.4 GB left. Single file download is so painful. *.* I'll wait though. :3
    Cymru am byth!
    Be patient. On my connection total download time 7 min, 37 seconds.
    Get a faster internet connection.

I am Wales
    Playing as Wales and using the cheat give_trait this Missionary 3 works fine on my install, you may want to do a reinstall and see if that fixes the problem.
    Last edited by Stylix; October 04, 2012 at 08:27 AM.

Decanus

The one file link Expired on 10/5/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gato The Great View Post
    The one file link Expired on 10/5/12
    Thank you, OP updated.

It is too bad you don't use steam. followed the directions for steam in the other link. Didn't work. just crashes. But the steam info is almost 5 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Batu View Post
    It is too bad you don't use steam. followed the directions for steam in the other link. Didn't work. just crashes. But the steam info is almost 5 years old
    Welcome to the TWC forums!
    Look in the M2TW forum in the technical support section, there are a lot of posts regarding possible solutions for those using STEAM.
    Last edited by Stylix; October 08, 2012 at 08:49 AM.

I get a blocked message when I try to download from the rar links. Do I need a premium account?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast