Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New!! KGCM v4.3 one file install instructions with download links

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Icon4 New!! KGCM v4.3 one file install instructions with download links

Due to the closure of the site hosting this file, this method of downloading and installing KGCM is no longer available.

Also as someone has reported the individual file links to KGCM v4.3 as illegal, these files have been removed and are no longer available as well.
    This is the second time that this has occurred and I am no longer willing to host any KGCM files on my accounts.

Please use the original link below and follow the installation instructions in that post.

If you are a Windows Vista or Windows 7 user I strongly suggest that you read this post and install fix #3 to disable UAC for the Medieval II Total War folder.
    How To Fix UAC and VirtualStore Problems

I also recommend that you read the KGCM + HHB Frequently Asked Questions thread before deciding to install this mod.

Links:
    KGCM Patch 4.2 + KGCM Patch 4.3 Download Thread

NEW: Finally, download the descr_character.rar file attached at the bottom of this post to correct an old error regarding movement of armies when led by a named character (thanks to [Celtíbero]Mencey for discovering this and vipman for testing it). After downloading this file extract it with your favorite utility, WinRAR, WinZip, etc, and overwrite the descr_character.txt file located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data folder (default location, yours may be different).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Stylix; January 20, 2013 at 08:39 AM.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Default Re: KGCM v4.3 single file install with download links

Quote Originally Posted by UnfortunateHam View Post
    So I extracted the file folder (I think this was the 'part one' of the download) containing the KGC to the mods folder using Winrar. I then ran the .exe that was now in the mods folder and directed it to the mods folder to install. However, the Batch file that should start the mod doesn't work, and there is no desktop icon either, and the mod does not show up in the list upon starting M2 Kingdoms.

I wonder if there was something I did wrong. Maybe I should have extracted the application itself instead of the entire 'KGCM43.part1.rar'? Strangely, even though the installation didn't work it still created a 'data' and 'preferences' folders in my mods folder, and both of them have data within them. it just looks like something went wrong with the .exe. I uninstalled once and installed again, just clicking on the Application using Winrar instead of the whole folder. Still doesn't work.

Any advice, please?

here's a picture to help:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As you can see, the KGCM shortcut is to the left, along with the .exe, even though I already installed it.

Man, I love this mod and I can't wait to play it.
    @UnfortunateHam
    Download the files (eight parts) into a seperate, preferably new folder.
    Right-click on the file KGCM43.part1.rar.
    Then choose 'extract here' from the pop-up menu.
    It should then create the exe file in the new folder.
    After the file is extracted, double-left-click on the Kingdoms Grand Campaign mod.exe file.
    Follow the instructions and make sure that you point the installer to the correct folder.

I also see that you are a Steam user, this will have a different install procedure.
    I do not use Steam, so I will refer you to this post for further instructions.
    KGCM FAQ thread
    Notice that there is a spoiler at the top of the post, open it and follow the instructions regarding installation of this mod. It also contains another link which may be helpful. If not, search the M2TW forum for help with installing mods using Steam.
    Last edited by Stylix; June 20, 2012 at 05:09 PM.

Default Re: New!! KGCM v4.3 one file install instructions with download links

ah, okay, thanks. I'll just try installing it to the MAIN folder, not to my MODS folder, then. Dave Scarface apparently installed several bits separately, so I hope it'll work with this all as one step.

do we still have to instal v 4.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Data78 View Post
    do we still have to instal v 4.2?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by from OP
    contains KGCM v3.0, patch v4.2, patch v4.3, the menu crash fix and the modeldb fix.
    The whole purpose is to eliminate all the intermediate steps and make installation a one step process and to allow more options in the placement of the install.

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

Great job Stylix. Superb!
    Spanish Medieval II TotalWar Hotseat Site: http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by [Celtíbero]Mencey View Post
    Great job Stylix. Superb!
    Thank you, glad to be of service, and hope that this will make the downloading and installation much better for everyone.

Don't forget to thank valvegas1 as well for providing the web site for the one file download.
    Last edited by Stylix; June 30, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

There's a bug in this I think. I installed everything as was specified in the description and the game seems to work fine on the world map. The problem is when I enter a battle. I can't see my unit panel as it's all blurry and white. It seems to happen with whichever faction I play with, so it's not a one faction bug. I doubt I installed it in a wrong way, seeing as everything else is perfect. Can you provide a fix or a solution to this problem ?

Iliya.

Foederatus

Thanks for the one file install and the mod

On behalf of all involved, I thank you and hope that you enjoy the mod!

Selon's Avatar Laetus

The single file download is very slow (80-90kbps)...
    Is it possible to create a torrent for the single file installer and speed up downloading?

Quote Originally Posted by Selon View Post
    The single file download is very slow (80-90kbps)...
    Is it possible to create a torrent for the single file installer and speed up downloading?
    Are you using the website provided or the 8 part file??? Your download speed is mostly determined by a combination of your computer and your internet speed...it's possible that the servers were crowded as this tends to slow things down a bit also...when i ran a trial download from my website with my computer it only took about 2 minutes for the whole file which isn't amazing speed but still not slow by any means...best of luck to ya

adamtm's Avatar Laetus

I downloaded it as a single file, however for some reason it trys to open with windows media player, i tried changing it to open with notepad. but still when i right click on it to 'extract the .exe file' there is never an option to extract it :S it is a RAR file type I just dont know what to do, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated !

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by iliya7887 View Post
    There's a bug in this I think. I installed everything as was specified in the description and the game seems to work fine on the world map. The problem is when I enter a battle. I can't see my unit panel as it's all blurry and white. It seems to happen with whichever faction I play with, so it's not a one faction bug. I doubt I installed it in a wrong way, seeing as everything else is perfect. Can you provide a fix or a solution to this problem ?

Iliya.
    Open up your mod folder in M2TW thern follow this path
    Kingdoms_Grand_Campaign_Mod-Data-UI and delete Battle_SD
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by adamtm View Post
    I downloaded it as a single file, however for some reason it trys to open with windows media player, i tried changing it to open with notepad. but still when i right click on it to 'extract the .exe file' there is never an option to extract it :S it is a RAR file type I just dont know what to do, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated !
    You do not extract an exe file. Either double-left click on the file, or right-click and select 'run' from the menu that appears.

adamtm's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    You do not extract an exe file. Either double-left click on the file, or right-click and select 'run' from the menu that appears.
    thanks bro ! thats me got it sorted the now just installing it is this the most up to date version do you know ? my pal has it on his computer and the hotseat is quality ! although teutonic order only start with 2 settlements ? kinda , i would go them but they are at a disadvantage compared to byzantine,england,holy roman empire, mongols ye know ?

adamtm's Avatar Laetus

forgot you cant swear so it replace it with that wee love heart face lol ! i meant to say 2 settlements it kinda rubbish

adamtm's Avatar Laetus

just tried playing it there i have to double click the shortcut it then opens up my CMD command prompt thing then starts the game fine but it always closes after like 10 mins :/

I have a problem with this mod. I play the steam version and the installation went fine, after i use the the following steps http://totalwar-forum.de/wbb/index.p...&threadID=3901

Everything worked fine until I went to the campaign interface (where you command your cities and buildings). It is very blurred and the boxes are too bigg (I saw the right interface at my friend's PC).
    How can I fix this interface bug?

Sorry for my bad english, hope you can help me^^"

Quote Originally Posted by LordUni View Post
    I have a problem with this mod. I play the steam version and the installation went fine, after i use the the following steps http://totalwar-forum.de/wbb/index.p...&threadID=3901

Everything worked fine until I went to the campaign interface (where you command your cities and buildings). It is very blurred and the boxes are too bigg (I saw the right interface at my friend's PC).
    How can I fix this interface bug?

Sorry for my bad english, hope you can help me^^"
    Welcome to the TWC forums!
    Did you download and install the KGCM v4.3 with the one file installation?
    The first step I would recommend is a reinstall. If that does not solve your problem, search the M2TW forum for Steam installation issues. There are several good installers and instructions available to allow mods to be played with Steam.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast