Thread: Pyke, Castle of House Greyjoy

Default Pyke, Castle of House Greyjoy

Pyke is the ancient seaside cliff castle and keep. It is made from dark grey stone and consists of several towers on separate islets connected to each other by rope bridges. From here Balon Greyjoy receives those who seek him out. However, he has become rather drawn inward after the failed rebellion and the loss of his sons. Few are granted an audience with him now, most meeting Victarion at Lordsport where the remains of the Iron Fleet are being rebuilt.

Banner

House Motto
    We Do Not Sow

The Iron Islands

Family Tree

Major Characters
    Balon Greyjoy

Lord of the Iron Islands

Asha Greyjoy

Daughter of Balon and captain of the Black Wind

She has grown into an attractive and bold woman after the Greyjoy Rebellion. She was then raised as Balon's heir when Theon was sent to Winterfell. She has also taken command of her own ship contrary to Ironmen custom. She is tall and lean with dark raven colored hair that she usually wears up. She can be very cunning and manipulative, and sometimes impulsive, but she is attentive and very aware of what goes on around her. She will use her female side to her advantage.

Victarian Greyjoy

Lord Captain of the Iron Fleet

Theon Greyjoy

Son and Heir of Balon

Euron Greyjoy

brother of Balon, pirate and captain of Silence

Aeron, Priest of the Drowned God
    called Damphair

Minor Characters
    Lady Alannys

wife of Balon, of the House Harlaw age 52

She was once fairly attractive, but the losses of her sons in the Greyjoy Rebellion, and the sullenness of Balon has aged her over the past decade so that she looks much older. There is pain in her eyes but also still intelligence. She is one of the few with open access to Balon. She lives mostly for him.

Last edited by Rhapture; June 22, 2012 at 12:10 PM.

The Mad Skylord - Yesterday at 10:09 PM
    Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Default Re: Pyke, Castle of House Greyjoy

A single merchant ship is spotted in the distance

As it draws closer and eventually docks at Pyke, the merchant steps up on the ramp and descends to dry land. It has been a long venture from Lannisport

The merchant greets a dockhand and asks for direction to Pyke. Knowing how the Ironborn culture is, Qorsyn opted to dress down in raggity furs, with no jewellery or luxuries at all, as that's often looked down upon by the Ironborn

Excuse me, might you direct me to Pyke? I have need for an urgent audience with Lord Greyjoy Said the merchant

The Harbormaster noticed the ship from far off and was at the pier to meet the merchant captain at the pier.

"
    An urgent audience with Lord Greyjoy you say? He does not take kindly to visitors much these days. What is your name and business?" He gives the merchant a queer look.

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Name's Qorsyn Dayne, of the Daynes of Starfall.

I have a trade proposal for Lord Greyjoy. It will be mutually benefitial for both of us.

"I will take you to Lod Victarion, he can handle any trade negotiation that you might have."

He leads Qorsyn into Lordport where Victarion has a residence.

"My Lord, This man is Qorsyn Dayne, from Starfell, he says he has trade discussions to propose." The harbormaster bows and then leaves.

Lord Victarion stands and greets the stranger.

"Qorsyn," he motions for the man to take a seat. "What brings a mainlander out here?" He shows little emotion usually, but he is interested and certainly not hostile.

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Qorsyn seats himself where he's directed to

My Lord. I have a trade proposition for you. It will be most benefitial for both our economies. Considering how both of our people are ostracized by the rest of the Kingdom, why could we not take the opportunity to enhance our power financially? I would be most greatful if you hear me out, My Lord.

"I will hear your plan, the Iron Islands still need the income. What do you propose?"

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

All of the exotics of Dorne, at a cheap production and provision price. Allow us to come to an agreement and the first shipment shall be met with your approval.

Would you propose a route to Starfall, My Lord?

"You do know that the Old way is quite prominent among those of the Iron Islands? We have little use for jewelry and trinkets, except for those we take. However, we are always in need of wood, wood that is good for building ships. Can you supply that? As for a route - the sea is the only way we will trade- down the west coast and around the horn to Starfall seems the best route. Going overland would not be advisable for any Ironman since the rebellion."

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapture View Post
    "You do know that the Old way is quite prominent among those of the Iron Islands? We have little use for jewelry and trinkets, except for those we take. However, we are always in need of wood, wood that is good for building ships. Can you supply that? As for a route - the sea is the only way we will trade- down the west coast and around the horn to Starfall seems the best route. Going overland would not be advisable for any Ironman since the rebellion."
    With my fleets, I prefer naval trade anyways, My Lord. It is most efficient. Qorsyn sips his wine

The Old Way, I have respect for. However I do believe the Targaryen's revoked your right to The Old Way. As far as I'm concerned, it wasn't their right to do so. We have exotics for any and all.

In the case of the Ironborn's particular needs, we have Ebonwood. A strong wood to rival that of Ironwood. Perfect for strong ships, Ebonwood, once form-fitted, can be a tough and resilient beast in itself. We've done tests in Dorne. Thick Ebonwood, on Lord Henryk's flagship actually survived a daring, and intentional collision with some searocks. I would recommend this wood to the mighty Ironborn, My Lord.

Victarion nods in approval.

"That is good, we will take all that you can supply. In exchange we have stone and of course Iron. Yes, I know the old King put an official end to the Old Ways, but try telling that to the people out there, It would be nearly impossible to enforce, so I would not expect your exotics to sell here. Is there anything else you wish to discuss?"

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Just I wish us the best in prosperity, Lord Victarion. May we bask in the riches of trade

Victarion gets up and shakes the man's hand. He then looks around as if to see anyone else is around and listening, even though the office door is closed. He lowers his voice anyway.

"
    Qorsyn, As both of our houses are not the most popular at the moment , I would also ask you to possibly keep me informed of anything you deem worthwhile. My sources on the mainland are not as strong as I would like. This favor will be returned."

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapture View Post
    Victarion gets up and shakes the man's hand. He then looks around as if to see anyone else is around and listening, even though the office door is closed. He lowers his voice anyway.

"
    Qorsyn, As both of our houses are not the most popular at the moment , I would also ask you to possibly keep me informed of anything you deem worthwhile. My sources on the mainland are not as strong as I would like. This favor will be returned."
    Rest assured our Houses will be friends, Lord Victarion. We in Dorne, the Dayne's anyways, are breaking the bonds of isolation set upon us by the Martell's of Sunspear. However, a civil war is quite a possibility. We have made some very... Disliked trade partners in Starfall. The Martell's will not be happy with the routes we have established. But the prosperity gain from this will make my nephew, Henryk, very resilient to harassment from Sunspear.

It's a corn kernal ready to pop.

Qorsyn downs the rest of his wine

My nephew could not withstand the entire force of Dorne against Starfall and High Hermitage. If civil war breaks out in Dorne, I will have need of such friendships, My Lord. Qorsyn winks and smiles at Lord Victarion

Hopefully it does not come to this, but my nephew refuses to be isolated any longer, the Dornish suffer from the poor wretches of isolation in an already poor region. The people will rise up against such demands for isolation.

"Talk of mutual military support is a stretch at this point. Balon is much too independent for that, and raiding both your lands in a case of civil war in Dorne is more to his liking, however, we ironmen do not look to the South, so do not have fear of that happening. But we will leave all that alone for now. Information is what I desire most, and as prominent traders I am sure you will learn quite a lot."

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Ofcourse, My Lord. I shall keep you informed of everything, I assure you. Qorsyn smiles cordially

Alas, I must depart, My Lord. Duty calls, and my nephew will be waiting for my latest trade report. It has been a great honor, My Lord.