Thread: What exactly am I supposed to make a backup of (steam, origin), pls?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default What exactly am I supposed to make a backup of (steam, origin), pls?

Hi guys. I finally managed to buy an ssd and I plan to do a clean reinstall of my os in this ssd. It is the first time I do a format since I started buying games from steam and origin. So I wish to know which excatly are the folders Im supposed to make a backup so I wont loose my games when formatting the drive, pls? I would also like to know how should I proceed when reinstalling the origin/steam games. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: What exactly am I supposed to make a backup of (steam, origin), pls?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games

Then the quickest way is to just drop the folders back where they belong. Origin will just require you to reinstall them (will only take a few seconds) and Steam may need to verify the Steam games, which will only take a few seconds.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: What exactly am I supposed to make a backup of (steam, origin), pls?

Thank you very much Bolkonsky!
    I just finished formatting and reinstalling the games. It worked just fine. A lot faster than having to download everything. Once again, thanks! Im starting to enjoy these virtual midia games more than the dvds stuff.
    Last edited by paradamed; June 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM.