Thread: I can not import models

Default I can not import models

Hi, im new here and I'd wanna to import models from the game into 3dmax, or blender or milkshape, it does not matter.

At first, I could open .pack files. I use the pack file manager to open .pack files. Then i've got all textures and all models in different formats.

I downloaded a converter to .x files (to open it on blender). It's ETW model converter, but it only works on rigid_models. Some files of rigid models about the game, have rigid_model_v2 format, so i can not open those mods (i do not know how to).

Appart from that i have unit_variant models and variant_weighted_mesh (i suppose format for the models of the game). For variant_weighted_mesh, i think its .ms3d, so I downloaded a script for 3dmax and blender (on python).

When I try to open variant_weighted_mesh .ms3d on 3dmax, it takes an error and opens a file txt. I wanna know how to open those files on milkshape just to try, but it claims a .txt file and there is a conversor to .txt from unit_variant format.

When i use Shogun 2 converter to get unit_variant to .txt, it says is not an valid format. I don't understand.

About the 3d max error, is a message like this:

-- No u function for undefined
    -- Runtime error array index must be positive number, got -9686,0
    -- incompatible types 1.0, and undefined

So how can i open the models? I'm very low and newbie on this, so I'd like a specific guide please.

Thanks you very much, and your patience on me.

Default Re: I can not import models

I'd to know if there is any form to get models into those programs.

There isn't a method. As far as I know, nobody has imported models into Shogun 2 yet. If you figure it out be sure to share with everyone.

Finally i found a method to get the models into 3d max.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibujante View Post
    Finally i found a method to get the models into 3d max.
    Seriously? How? And can it be saved back to the format used by the game?

(I think there is a Napoleon meshes converter for Milkshape, but it doesn't work with Shogun2. You might be able to open the file, but it doesn't save it properly)

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Its Actually Possible to Import New Custom rigidmodel to S2TW, using the same method as in ETW-NTW...but definitely not variant_weighted_mesh...no way...
    As a matter of fact, I'm currently working on inserting them into my mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by weirdoascensor; June 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM.

Exactly as weirdo said. Thank you all.