Thread: Siege Tower bug fix

Default Siege Tower bug fix

DARTH, I'm not sure if you make use of player1's bugfixer in your mods, or have already discovered this yourself, but I would recommend implementing the siege tower bug fix that I've discovered today.

There's more info on how to this in the following topics:

Issues with siege towers since update

How to fix the Siege Tower bug

Cheers.
    Creator and developer of Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), an unofficial mod for vanilla RTW v1.5
    For news and updates, check out the RTG Subforums
    RTG v1.0 (Self-Extracting ZIP)
    RTG v1.0 (EXE Installer)
    A veteran FPS & Strategy gamer, currently playing Day of Defeat (DoD) & Football Manager 2007.
    Looking forward to the release of Command & Conquer 3: The Tiberium Wars.

Default Re: Siege Tower bug fix

Quote Originally Posted by Seasoned Alcoholic
    DARTH, I'm not sure if you make use of player1's bugfixer in your mods, or have already discovered this yourself, but I would recommend implementing the siege tower bug fix that I've discovered today.

There's more info on how to this in the following topics:

Issues with siege towers since update

How to fix the Siege Tower bug

Cheers.
    Regarding this what was posted earlier: after some more extensive tests on a variety of culture types and docking distances against numerous wall sections, it appears that this potential bug fix doesn't fix every single wall section, which is unfortunate. However, the test results revealed that fewer wall sections were bugged than what existed before modification to the docking distances.

Also, if this change is made to the docking distance, it should at least fix another bug that existed previously in vanilla. This was a random unit casualty bug that affected around 20-25% of each unit as it stepped onto the walls after exiting the tower.

Thanks.
    Creator and developer of Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), an unofficial mod for vanilla RTW v1.5
    For news and updates, check out the RTG Subforums
    RTG v1.0 (Self-Extracting ZIP)
    RTG v1.0 (EXE Installer)
    A veteran FPS & Strategy gamer, currently playing Day of Defeat (DoD) & Football Manager 2007.
    Looking forward to the release of Command & Conquer 3: The Tiberium Wars.

Default Re: Siege Tower bug fix

I have implemented this to my mod as I recall....Tks very much.

It happens to heliopolis though and have to correct this also there.

My current setting for it will be 17.8 and will test it.