Thread: [Tool] Light Unit Editor

Default [Tool] Light Unit Editor

Some of you ask how they can make some changes in units like limits and such. I made a small unit editor for the ACW fans where you can edit some basic unit stats. Click on help button for instructions.

Download attached and extract it where you like. Run the utility executing UnitEdit_etw.exe.
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 20, 2012 at 05:57 AM.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Tool] Light Unit Editor

wouw!!! great tool husserl! will surley download and use it!
    +rep
    Last edited by Minas Moth; June 20, 2012 at 01:28 AM.

Jakethe_Snake15's Avatar Ordinarius

I was just wondering if it would be possible to tweak a few stats without delving into anything where I can break things. Lo and behold, I stumble upon this little tool...
    This is excellent, +Rep!
    Quote Originally Posted by James Spader/Alan Shore "Boston Legal"
    I've always been convinced that friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined.

idk about yall but when I play I like to name units by regiment numbers for ex. 3 infantry regiments I make in Texas would be called 1st TX Inf Reg, 2nd TX Inf Reg, and 3rd TX Inf Reg. Same goes with cavalry, and Artillery. Another thing I would do which I can't do now is put myself and friends into the game creating generals and putting in Brig. General J.J. Hernandez. Now with this I can add an extra regiment for the 1st TX Brigade(Hoods Texans) and naturally call each regiment 1st,4th, and 5th TX, and add the 3rd Arkansas.

SR-71's Avatar Civis

Icon14 Re: [Tool] Light Unit Editor

Thx for this useful tool
    Jimmy Dix: I'm really good, man. Maybe I could take your daughter out. What's she like?
    Joe Hallenbeck: She's like thirteen years old, and if you even look at her funny, I'm gonna stick an umbrella up your ass and open it.

I fail, I can't figure out where the pack for the units are lol

It is the bg_db.pack. Keep a back up!!!

sweet!!! Thank you good sir, I got it figured out

hankthetank's Avatar Foederatus

I could use some help using this tool for the platinum darthmod for ETW. I cant seem to figure it out at all as far as which files I load where, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Royalty's Avatar Foederatus

I can't seem to find The King's Royal Regiment of New York in the db_db any ideas?

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Royalty View Post
    I can't seem to find The King's Royal Regiment of New York in the db_db any ideas?
    Not bloody likely that you'd find a regiment from 1770's in a mod about a war that takes place in 1860's...

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Royalty's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Not bloody likely that you'd find a regiment from 1770's in a mod about a war that takes place in 1860's...
    I'm guessing I can still use this tool outside of this mod thought...

Does this little tool only change details for the campaign? I altered the ammunition for the CSA/USA Horse artillery from 30 to 6 and I know it worked because when I load the db pack file in the db editor the changes were there but when I set up a battle with just a horse artillery battery from each side they fire way past 6.

Never mind. Seems like you can only change to certain numbers and 6 isn't one of them.

Hi, I probobaly no one is reading it but how can I actually mod a unit, Im noob with it I cant get my way around it if anyone has a tutorial please help me..
    I cant find a file which to open to actually mod it.

Hi Dudes. Is this tool compatible to the latest version? I took the file db_MM_ZOR.pack and changed several unit states but get always a ctd. And i think i did everything right. Maybe some of you pros can help me.

i've gotten this to work however the stats ive changed have no effect in the game. help anyone?

Where can I download this from?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Welcome, mikekirk. It looks like the download link for the this tool has disappeared. I looked in the 'Downloads' section (using the 'Downloads' tab across the top of the TWC screen) and could not find this mod tool there. I could be wrong, but I don't believe that husserlTW is around anymore.

The good news is that it is still possible to create mods editing units for Empire Total War. You can do this using Pack File Manager (PFM).

The latest version of PFM is available from the 'Tools, Tutorials and Resources' section of the Mod Workshop for Attila (here). You do not need a copy of Attila to use it).

There is information on how to create mods in the Mod Workshops for Napoleon Total War and Empire Total War, particularly in the 'Tools, Tutorials and Resources' areas. (The instructions by erasmus777 in the Napoleon Total War Mod Workshop on how to create a mod work for Empire Total War as well.) If you are new to modding, you might want to look at my basic 'how-to' guides which are indexed here.
    Last edited by Alwyn; September 28, 2015 at 03:05 PM.

Hello! Where can I download the file? Thanks.