Thread: game freezes in loading screen.

Default game freezes in loading screen.

darthmod starts up fine but every time I go to a loading screen to enter a battle my game freezes. I tried this btw and no luck. Any solutions?

Default Re: game freezes in loading screen.

I have the same problem any solution would be much appreciated. Here is my dxdiag

Yes I tried, but I didn't work and Yes my game is an original
    Last edited by Master.Mind; July 15, 2012 at 04:41 AM.

Run the installer and the Launcher exe as an administrator. Also try to close your antivirus before this process.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Darth i have already posted that before, i dont know if you ve seen it.
    I never ever had that problem before with shogun, I had the latest version 4.1 plus plus etc, and then i have installed uppon that version the 4.2, i got a ctd at first, "well thats strange" i said,it crashed in a custom battle, anyway , i have tried to replay a campaign battle, and the game that time didnt crashed it just froze, it was again the first time i had that, i uninstalled darth and re installed it cleanly, but again the same happened the game either froze or ctd, the latest i got was again a ctd.
    I wonder, is it steam or darth , because lately i had some peculiar problems with steam, (it said that it cannot enter the game because i have either a non original version or a virus) but eventhough that problem was resolved when i restarted my pc, i never had such problems with darth before the 4.2 update, could it be the update?
    Personally i think is the update, i got those problems exactly after i installed the update, never had them before and did nothing special in order to have darh operational , i always installed and played.

EDIT:
    I think the problem is solved, i again unistalled the game, then verified the cache, opened the installer as an administrator and had no crash for 2 battles.
    Strange, i never had that before, also shogun2 was updated for some reason.
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; July 16, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

I already tried except for switching off the antivir. I'm currently playing the radious mod and it seems to work, I know this is a little offtopic but is it possible to play both mods at the same time?

having the same problem after downloading the 4.2 version help

Hey Darth, I'm having exactly the same problem as oppai since installing 4.2... Crash on lodeup screen for no apparent reason! I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, verifying the cache, manually deleting all Shogun 2 files... Nothing seems to work! Any help would be greatly appreciated because I was bored with Shogun untill I downloaded your mod and now I really want to play on it again!

Chears,

H_F

Oh, Apologies for the double post- I have read around and this sort of thing is frowned upon... But I can't yet edit my posts.

I now can't even play on Vanilla Shogun 2... Damn.

Any help from ANYONE would be massively appreciated!

H_F

after a sleepless night i have found a solution or at least it works for me

first click the disable to play vanilla in the darthmod and see if you can play if yes then good

next click on the default on darthmod on the top that says 1.5 and see if you can play if yes then good

after that i just clicked one by one on the options and see which ones worked for me it was

pro trails-off-used to be on for me
    horo-off
    oda-toku allies-off
    jfc card-on

darth-on
    clan retext-off
    atmosphere sounds-off-used to be on for me
    bsm shogun-off
    super ghost-on
    sashimon removal-on-used to be off
    toonlite-on
    furikazan-on
    unit variety-off

pro boost-off-used to be on
    oda boost-off
    ashikaga boost-off-used to be on
    bayo boost-on
    income boost-off
    deployment boost-on

you guys should try what worked for me but if it doesn't then click on the options one by one and see what works for you and what doesn't hope i helped out a bit since it is a great mod and i was missing playing on it so hope it works

-oppai

Icon7 Re: game freezes in loading screen.

sorry double post it did it automatically ???

Same problem -- game crashes at startup screen and Steam gives me that annoying message saying I have a pirated copy. I can't even play vanilla (tried the solution in the post above but didn't work for me).

I have a genuine version purchased through Steam, and I have read the stickies in this forum and started Steam before the launcher. Problem just started this morning after darthmod has been working for me for about 3 days. It was working fine last night and I haven't changed any settings since then.

It's a problem caused by the new Steam patch rather than DMS. I had the same problem earlier today when trying to continue my RotS game.

Only real solution is to wait before CA and\or Valve gets a fix out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjarr View Post
    It's a problem caused by the new Steam patch rather than DMS. I had the same problem earlier today when trying to continue my RotS game.

Only real solution is to wait before CA and\or Valve gets a fix out.
    Ah you're right. I really hate having to use Steam.

The problem is already fixed AFAIK; shutting down Steam and deleting clientregistery.blob (found in Steam base folder, such as X:\Steam\) before restarting did the job for me.