Thread: judean thureophoroi god units?

Default judean thureophoroi god units?

judean thureophoroi god units?

Hello all, just wondering whats up with this unit stats 10 attack 20 defense, was an city deference where about 120 of those units faced off against 300 or so of my principii... got wiped out what gives???

My principii because of experience have stats like somewhere like 15+attack and 30ish defense.

Default Re: judean thureophoroi god units?

No one deal with these guys?

Started a game as TSE - and I have a couple of cities that can produce these units - not as of yet - but within 10 or so turns. I'm looking forward to them as flankers for TSE mainline units.

I've toyed around with the idea of a core of Galatian swordsmen and Judean Thureophoroi.......couple units of heavy cav - couple of light cav. A little weak on the defensive - but should be an offensive power house.

I'm adequate with phalanx units - but I don't enjoy using them offenvisely. Nice if you're on the defensive - killer if you auto resolve.

Might be a seriously powerful force

So anyone know what their actual stats are???

debux's Avatar Senator

Urm... no. Since I use them, and never had to face them, I'm happy with them and never really checked However, I've never gotten the feeling of them being uber and beating anything that is in front of them. But you can always check the EDU and see if the stats coincide.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    Urm... no. Since I use them, and never had to face them, I'm happy with them and never really checked However, I've never gotten the feeling of them being uber and beating anything that is in front of them. But you can always check the EDU and see if the stats coincide.
    Where would this edu be??? At this point though they are not causing me any problems as i now control the territory that they come from hahahahahhaha

debux's Avatar Senator

If you ever want to edit the stats within the EDU, you must know that these changes won't apply until you start a new campaign... if not it could bug up your current campaign completely (in other words, make sure you make a backup before making any changes )

The EDU (export_descr_units.txt) can be found in your RTW directory (since this is a mod, you'll have to go into the ExRM modfolder), in the "data" folder. You just have to find it among all the other text files RTW runs on.

You can always post your campaign progress I'm curious to see how you're doing (are my beloved Carthies still alive?)
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Thanks, ya I`m more interested in just knowing what the actual stats are, I don`d mind god units. . . I know I`m fighting some of those heavy horse archers and they are killing me huge, even with gold shield unless my troops are silver experience they get mowed down

debux's Avatar Senator

(I was referring to some pics of your campaign )

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

If you ever want to edit the stats within the EDU, you must know that these changes won't apply until you start a new campaign... if not it could bug up your current campaign completely (in other words, make sure you make a backup before making any changes )

The EDU (export_descr_units.txt) can be found in your RTW directory (since this is a mod, you'll have to go into the ExRM modfolder), in the "data" folder. You just have to find it among all the other text files RTW runs on.

You can always post your campaign progress I'm curious to see how you're doing (are my beloved Carthies still alive?)
    EDU changes apply the next time you load the game, as can be shown in vanilla RTW (ie. the most basic version) by adding the unit to your recruitment list in EDB and adding your faction to the owners list in EDU. Desc_strat.txt, OTOH, only applies with a new campaign.

(I was referring to some pics of your campaign )
    Ah, ya your friends are quite crushed. . . I've actually saved the game after every major territorial increase (now about every 10 or so years) previously almost every year. . . I don't know how to get an image of the game. . . If I print screen all i get is my desktop

I've wanted to make a chronological slideshow of my conquests:p