Thread: Custom Settlements

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Custom Settlements

Hello everyone, after a long time of playing Third Age Total War, i wanted to try something else. And then saw this awsome mod. I totally love it so far! But is the DEV team planning to do some custom settlements for some of the main cities? Like TATW does:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=409073

Paris, London, Rome, Jerusalem for example would be way more fun to fight in if they were custom made and not some random vanilla cities. It's ALOT of hard work to do such things, but in the end the result is always great to see! There is 1 big downside though, to let for example Paris expand to a higher level it would need a new custom model of the city, or it will be a vanilla city again. So that would be at least 4 more custom cities just for Paris, like Osgiliath in TATW wich is 5 custom battlemaps in total (Destroyed West/East, Repaired West/East, bridge between the 2 cities.

I apologize if this has been asked before but it just came up in my mind.
    Last edited by Dutch-Balrog; June 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM.

Default Re: Custom Settlements

It has been asked before, and it won't be done.

Yeah, I think their time would be better spent putting in actual new features instead of custom settlements that we'd rarely ever see.

Oh well, i just wanted to have a quick answer. This thread can be closed.

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

This should explain why there won't be custom settlements:

There are already some monuments in SS, a few more couldn't hurt. However, the way settlements look on the battlemap is independent of the buildings in the settlement. In order to have custom settlements(on the battlemap), the settlement has to be created. It also has to be a huge settlement at the beginning of the campaign otherwise if that settlement is upgraded all the changes will be gone. If the settlement is not huge then every settlement that upgrades to huge in that culture will have that custom settlement. So the only custom settlements would be maybe Jerusalem, Constantinople, Baghdad; cities that might start as huge cities in the late campaign but its a stretch.

Aah oke, maybe someday there will come a submod for it.