View Poll Results: Senate or not senate?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Put senate in the right place (Rome)

11 47.83%
  • Keep it where it is now (I can live with it)

4 17.39%
  • Eliminate senate from game, it's annoying

8 34.78%

Thread: Senate or not senate

Default Senate or not senate

While I'm trying to hunt the remaining bugs, I'd like to know your opinions about the senate. These are the three options:

- Put the senate in the right place (Roma): this will give the imperial campaign the same aspect as in Vanilla RTW, you will receive (as romans) missions and rewards, but the senate will be just in the middle of the action of a future civil war.

- Keep it where it is now: this situation keeps the senate missions, but the senate armies won't be involved in any future war. You should live with the "purple upper right corner" on your map.

- Eliminate the senate: in this way all the traces of senate will disappear, together with the system of missions and rewards.

Please vote your favorite option, and post the explanation of your vote if you want.

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Senate or not senate

I find it nice to get ordered around when playing romans and eventualy overtrow it, just like Julius did it :original:
    But make them strong maybe 2 provinces?

So i voted for in Rome.
    Last edited by Cromagnon2; June 28, 2006 at 05:18 PM.

Definitely in back in ROME!
    I would really like to see it back. Is their a way of ensuring that the senate officials list dosnt become totally filled with your own men? And keeps it mostly Spqr men?
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Artaserse's Avatar Civis

it should be pretty nice to have it back in rome and receive orders to accomplish, but since i noticed you are pretty good with scripts, why you dont make a script that give to rome a stack of full chevroned legionari in the case it is besieged? this could add a real challenge if you decide to conquer rome and destroy the senate....

Now theres an idea... :original:
    I like it. Not FULL chevroned though.

The scene..
    Rome is seemingly unprotected, then the civil war and five or so Full Legions of SPQR loyal troops appear in a few parts of Italy and start attacking you...
    Arrr, i likes it i do!
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonVonCaesar
    Now theres an idea... :original:
    I like it. Not FULL chevroned though.

The scene..
    Rome is seemingly unprotected, then the civil war and five or so Full Legions of SPQR loyal troops appear in a few parts of Italy and start attacking you...
    Arrr, i likes it i do!
    Yeah, the problem is that if senate is in Rome, as most of you want, the starting position is not "unprotected". The superfaction character gives the senate a strongly defensive position, it tends to train lots of troops, not used to expand but to defend its position. And I think that the game "cheats" with this situation, as it is impossible that only one settlement, even if it is Roma, will generate the huge income necessary to mantain so huge armies. Thus, in the moment of civil war, the city will be well defended (or at least defended).

I can imagine better your idea in case of a hidden senate (as it is now), so you, as romans, own Roma, but in case of civil war the script would evict your troops from there and give the city to the senate, together with two full legions, for example. For me this would be cool.

Well, finally the senate will be placed in Rome (in fact it is already done) in the imperial campaign.
    I've tested the possibility to eliminate it and it's very easy, so if there is interest in an imperial campaign without senate as an option, I will upload it after the incoming patch.

Unfortunately the elimination of the senate has been proven impossible in the provincial campaigns (don't ask me why ), so we will have to live with those annoying messages about senate, civil war, etc, even with a senate faction destroyed.

Poll closed.