Page 8 of 527 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

shadepanther's Avatar Senator

Default Re: GAME OF THRONES - Season 3( May Contain Spoilers )

Quote Originally Posted by white-wolf View Post
    May be after a certain wedding.
    They are pledged to the Lannisters. It's stated may times in the books and they even talk about the consequences of betraying Tywin (Rains of Castamere)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by shadepanther View Post
    They are pledged to the Lannisters. It's stated may times in the books and they even talk about the consequences of betraying Tywin (Rains of Castamere)
    Do we talking the same Freys? At the first book, Catleen was asking why Frey does not helping his overlord, Catleen's father, the Tullies.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

No one is talking talking about the Freys they are talking about the Westerlings.
    Robbs Love interest in the books was Jeyne Westerling a girl from a Lannister vassal instead of the Volantese girl from the series. That was the deviation from the books. Show or book the Freys are insulted by Robb marrying someone else.

Anyone know if the actor for Ser Barristan is going to be the same? That guy from season 1 was really good.

Hahaha, how can you even begin to doubt Stephen Dillane's portrait of Stannis? It's near flawless, he's acing it in both acting and appearance. Jorah, the new Gregor Clegane and Renly are IMO not at all representative of the books. Amongst those the new Mountain is the worst one, I hope they can get the old one back in time to the trial by combat. HBO's casting has otherwise been very good up to now, I'm however seriously worried about the new ones, especially Beric.
    I don't know, Dillanes acting just feels wooden and unnatural.
    Last edited by beckyolt; August 04, 2012 at 02:01 PM.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Well, Personally I pictured Stannis as wooden and constantly uncomfortable around people.
    I would've gone for an actor with a more stern look, but I don't mind Dillane.

As for Conan Stevens, the huge guy who originally played the Mountain, this is what he says about it
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

shadepanther's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    As for Conan Stevens, the huge guy who originally played the Mountain, this is what he says about it
    What!!?? They purposely picked the skinny bean pole instead of the huge bad ass giant on purpose?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

looks like we might have our Mance!

This guy just joined the cast.

As did this guy.

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/08/ru...join-the-cast/

Mance Rayder is ing perfect.

Did you read the article you posted?Not Mance, probably.
    Last edited by Caesar Germanico; August 09, 2012 at 04:47 AM.

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Mance is supposed to be pretty decent looking and he's a musician...........so should probably be a good looking dude.

Seeing as they offered the role of Mance to Dominic West, and we viewed the role as "as big as Sean Bean's role in the first series" I think a big name will be playing Mance. I pray for James Purefoy, but that will never happen.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Well, Personally I pictured Stannis as wooden and constantly uncomfortable around people.
    I would've gone for an actor with a more stern look, but I don't mind Dillane.

the **** man. how can HBO not want this guy back? i read somewhere else it was because of his committments on other shows that prevented him appearing in Season 2. I did notice the way they didnt really show the Mountains face in season 2 like they did in 1. It would be easy for him to come back. C'mon HBO. I love you guys.

Its been posted SEVERAL times that Conan went off to shoot the Hobbit and couldn't appear in Season 2 due to scheduling. HBO didn't have a choice. With a new actor in the role do they really need to change AGAIN just because Stevens is free?

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

This has nothing to do with anything but

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    Mance is supposed to be pretty decent looking and he's a musician...........so should probably be a good looking dude.
    Actually Mance is described as quite unremarkable looking.

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

I just finished the third book, and i am corious about how they are going to tackle all the things that happened in this freaking book. Just the amount of battles that take place would eat the hole budget in no time imo.

No, they wouldn't.

The major battles in ASOS are basically: The siege of the Wall, the Red Wedding and the battles of Astapor , Mereen and Yunkai. But...

The Red Wedding can be filmed indoors. That's how we saw it in the books anyway.

The battle of Astapor was basically a quick urban conflict with the Unsullied killing the Good Masters.

The battle against the Yunkai army occured "offscreen".
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Basically Ser Barristan is talking with Dany while she hears the sounds of battle outside, and then Ser Jorah appears saying that they've won.

We only see the aftermath of the siege of Mereen.

The only battle that'll be truly hard to do is the siege of the Wall. And the season is split in 2.

I'm not really concerned about budget. I'm setting my expectations pretty low anyway when it comes to the visual aspect of the battles. Learned that with Blackwater
    Last edited by beckyolt; August 11, 2012 at 06:53 PM.

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

For what it was, Blackwater was a pretty awesome battle in the series. The problem is that it pales in comparison to the books. A lot.

About my coments on Battle, well, the thing is i had figured out that they would introduce to the series elements and characters that apear in previous book but were ignored so far to make the season last longer, and be cause some of them are significant to what happen in the third book. In that regard, i asumed that the home city of Robb´s mother, Catelyn, should be introduced, along with the other memebers of her family. The Red Wedding cannot happen unles at least Edmune is introduced. In concecuense, i thougth that maybe some of the battles taking place in the land of the rivers could be shown in order to give the new locations and characters a proper introduction. Other charachter that could be introduced is Vargo Hoat, since his importance in the evolution of Jamie as a character, and to properly do so it would be necessary to see Harrenhal change of hands a few times. But now that i think about it, they can probably find a war to write around those problems pretty easily.

Yeah, RW and Jaime/ Vargo Hoat are just two of the major occurences that had the events leading to it pretty messed in the series.

Having Tywin on Harrenhal and Arya as his cupbearer instead of Roose Bolton's was totally unnecessary. Showed how different and meh Tywin's character is on the TV series too.

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Yeah, RW and Jaime/ Vargo Hoat are just two of the major occurences that had the events leading to it pretty messed in the series.

Having Tywin on Harrenhal and Arya as his cupbearer instead of Roose Bolton's was totally unnecessary. Showed how different and meh Tywin's character is on the TV series too.
    I completely disagree with you about the Tywin/ Arya dynamic and their scenes together. I also think that Tywin's character is much more interesting now.