Page 2 of 527 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Default Re: GAME OF THRONES - STORM OF SWORDS ( TV Series ) May Contain Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by EireEmerald View Post
    I am incredibly annoyed about what they did with Jeyne Westerling and a few other things in the second season but we have no choice but to move on now. It aint up to us I guess how it turns out. But I do know that they HAVE to include the Red Wedding in the next season and do it in an emotionally effective way ( they didn't do it with Jon killing Qhorin for me ).
    I think it wasn't as emotional as in the books because no one really cares about John in the series. In the book he is one of my favorite charcters together with the Imp. But in the series I could care less about him and what happens to him. Same goes for Dany, I don't really mind her in the books but I want to slap her so hard in the series!

Is there anyone that actually cares about John in the series?

shadepanther's Avatar Senator

Default Re: GAME OF THRONES - STORM OF SWORDS ( TV Series ) May Contain Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by karo View Post
    He was well done in the first series but I think this latest season he just comes across as whiny and his story doesn't really go anywhere.
    completely the opposite of the book.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by karo View Post
    I think it wasn't as emotional as in the books because no one really cares about John in the series. In the book he is one of my favorite charcters together with the Imp. But in the series I could care less about him and what happens to him. Same goes for Dany, I don't really mind her in the books but I want to slap her so hard in the series!

His story is much slower paced than most but better for it in my opinion. He doesn't have the smart dialogue and a bit more humour from those around him would make his scenes better. But overall the plot unfolding north of the wall has been set up nicely, just hope they deliver in the next season.

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: GAME OF THRONES - Season 3( May Contain Spoilers )

Selyse apparently

Irish actress Sarah Bolger is rumoured to be Meera Reed. She has tweeted on being in Belfast and recently deleted it.

English actress Nathalie Emmanuel has apparently got the script for Season 3 and is getting horse riding lessons.

Last edited by EireEmerald; June 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Who would Emmanuel play? Someone in the east with Dany?

I think probably one of the Dornish characters, more than likely. Or maybe someone the Dany meets, like a new handmaiden? Or something?

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by EireEmerald View Post
    I think probably one of the Dornish characters, more than likely. Or maybe someone the Dany meets, like a new handmaiden? Or something?
    That's who I'm thinking, she does need a new handmaiden now her last two were killed off.

Also Sarah Bolger looks remarkably familiar. I looked her up and she was in The Tudors (they do like getting actors/actresses from the same shows), but there's a slight Sophie Turner look about her as well.

Waiting patiently for announcements.

Nathalie for Missendai?

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    the Red Wedding, I am eagerly anticipating Tyrion's trial by sword, I know it'll be in season 4, but that sequence in the book was easily some of Martin's best.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

True dat. it all, I just want to see Oberyn.

Clive Russel has been cast for the Blackfish.

I wonder why even introduce Blackfish now at all. He's basically Robb's great lieutnant and they didn't care to introduce him in the 1st and 2nd seasons, why do it now? Same goes for the Reed.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

I can see the Reeds showing up in this season, but I agree with the Blackfish. He's the reason Robb wins every battle, and NOW he appears? Cool actor though.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I'd say Reeds are more necessary than Blackfish, but whatever.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Anyone else think Sarah Bolger would have made an amazing Lyanna Stark? She even looks like an older Arya.

She's hot as hell, so yeah!

By the way, what's the point of those whore scenes? Completely useless and waste A LOT of precious time.

They could've put so many better things. I really missed the Tyrion/Varys exchange were he talks about how a sorceror castrated him.
    Last edited by beckyolt; July 05, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    I wonder why even introduce Blackfish now at all. He's basically Robb's great lieutnant and they didn't care to introduce him in the 1st and 2nd seasons, why do it now? Same goes for the Reed.
    Because they play key roles in the plot and you can't introduce EVERY character at the beginning because then everyone would be overwhelmed and the costs for cast salaries would be astronomical.

I hope D & D don't screw up any more with the religions in Season 3. You have Robb (Old Gods) & Talisa/ Not-Jeyne (Whatever Religion Volantis follows?) getting married in the light of the seven. Strong wtf reaction to that.

Quote Originally Posted by DavosSeaworth View Post
    I hope D & D don't screw up any more with the religions in Season 3. You have Robb (Old Gods) & Talisa/ Not-Jeyne (Whatever Religion Volantis follows?) getting married in the light of the seven. Strong wtf reaction to that.
    The Northerners worship the Seven as official state religion of Westeros. They are just the only one's where the conversion is not complete and families like the Starks worship both. Arya at some point says she worships both and overall I do not think the other kingdoms would consider it acceptable otherwise.

Catelyn also comes from the Riverland aka would worship the Seven. Overall it makes sense that the seven would be the normal religion to marry.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design