Page 527 of 527 FirstFirst ... 27427477502517518519520521522523524525526527
Results 10,521 to 10,530 of 10530

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Did you guys think the fun was over? Not by a long shot!!!

Because the series finale has been nominated for an Emmy, that means that the full script has been uploaded! https://m.emmys.com/sites/default/fi...0Throne%20.pdf

They call Daenerys "Her Satanic Majesty's Request" in some weird reference to the Rolling Stones.

Tyrion, who understands enough Valyrian to get the gist of
    what she's saying, looks around the ruined city. If this is
    liberation, he doesn't believe in liberation theology

Arya watches from afar, cool and hooded, appraising Dany and
    her forces. Arya hated Cersei as much as anyone. That doesn’t
    mean she likes the new boss. To her it looks like the Seven
    Kingdoms just traded one tyrant for another.

Apparently Drogon didn't mean to destroy the Iron Throne, he was aiming at the wall behind it at the throne was in the way.

Apparently Yara was scared of Arya, and thats why she sat down and stopped arguing.
    Yara opens her mouth to respond but sees the look on Arya’s
    face. Yara is as tough as they come, but Arya-- Arya’s
    different.
    She sits as Davos stands.

Edmure is still be miffed he wasn't given serious
    consideration, but he expects he'll have influence at court
    if his crippled nephew is ruling.

ARYA: "What’s west of Westeros?"
    Jon and Sansa look at each other. They both failed geography.
    JON: "I don’t know."

We begin to drift away from the table as these smart, experienced people plan a better future.
    BRONN: "Speaking of builders... all the best brothels burned down. The Master of Coin is willing to fund reconstruction."
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; July 31, 2019 at 08:39 PM.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

oh lords. I didn't expect it to be this bad.
    I will have to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Yeah i read bit about it on Reddit.

I seen fan fiction way better written.

The scene in the throne room when Drogon burns the throne.... is the most dumb thing i ever read.

And they have the gal to consider this for an emmy.

The worst is that they will probably win, because it is just the end of a popular 8 seasoned tv series.

Last edited by Knight of Heaven; August 01, 2019 at 01:47 AM.

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

I'm wondering how much this last season is affecting the sales of merchandise. And if so, how much. Somewhere, someone has to sit on a huge pile of unsold dolls and keychains, no?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by LaMuerte View Post
    I'm wondering how much this last season is affecting the sales of merchandise. And if so, how much. Somewhere, someone has to sit on a huge pile of unsold dolls and keychains, no?
    Good point. Would Game of Thrones have much merchandising though, since its an R18+ TV show? Eg it wouldn't be as much as Star Wars.

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Last time I stepped into a toy shop(about a year ago) I was quite surprised at the amount of Game of Thrones dolls, mugs ,keychains and what not they were selling. Then there's the ads for Game of Thrones browser games popping up every time I take a peep at r/Freefolk. Bet that won't attract many customers.

The cynic in me suspects that the extra year it took to make the last season is a compensation for all that. I can imagine a scenario where HBO bookkeepers decided not to invest too much in the last season, because 'the metadata shows us that sales drop to almost zero after a final episode has aired so let's milk it for what it's worth.' And of course, moneymen being what they are, overdid it, and killed the goose. But that's okay, because the metadata shows us it's still the most popular show ever released. OP success!

(All merely speculation of course)

Let's just say, if you would have paid the dough to own the rights to exclusively produce Brienne of Tarth dolls after the end of season 8, you'd be ed.
    Last edited by LaMuerte; August 01, 2019 at 10:25 AM.

Season 7 was ok, season 8 was an obvious travesty - GoT is the worst series ending of all time. I say this as one who watched the series finale of Lost live. Not interested in purchasing anything GoT related and by extension, I will not be indulging any star wars merch or tickets. I feel like in 2019, these show runner morons rely on our antipathy to make money by cashing in on nostalgia while producing awful stories. Your stories are garbage. I'm not going to pay to see them.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Apparently the GoT strategy game is doing worse even than S8
    And contrary to the show, the game has to spend more than its revenue in advertising all over the place. If something sucks, no amount of ads will save it.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

If you're talking about the chinese game that gets spammed on YouTweetFace, I'm surprised it has any players at all. That thing is as low effort as you can get in software development.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

I don't know if it is chinese or not, but they got the rights from HBO or Martin (cause it has portraits of all the characters from the tv show).
    And yes, it is a garbage game and an obvious cashgrab.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC