Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...nge-everything

Well this is an interesting theory.
    It is an interesting theory, but not all that significant really. It doesn't change anything. All it would do is make writing the actual and literal ending much easier for GRRM.

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Nothing that hints at it? Really? Cersei chanting "shame...shame...shame..." over and over wasn't clear enough? Ser Gregor also took his helmet off for the occasion, right after Cersei told the septa that "he is your god now."
    Well, I guess we read it very differently. I don't see the "Shame" bit as having anything to do with rape, because that is a reference to Cersei's walk of shame, in which Cersei was stripped, and humiliated, and physically beaten... And not raped. And what does taking the helmet off has to do with rape? If he unbuckled his belt, or stripped the septa, then that would have been an implication of rape, but we didn't see anything like that.
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay." - Bob Dylan

"Faith in God means believing, absolutely, in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing, absolutely, in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary. WE are the true believers." - Joss Whedon

Cersei probably figured out what she would find the most humiliating.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    Cersei probably figured out what she would find the most humiliating.
    Exactly. This is a septa we're talking about, essentially the equivalent of a Catholic nun. Her greatest source of pride is her chastity. I think it's obvious that Cersei would ruin that for her.

In either case, Bella Ramsey, the very young actress who portrays Lyanna Stark, has quite a head on her shoulders for a 12-year-old girl!

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I got the impression of torture, as I imagined a whole lot of other people did.
    Anyway, if they don't confirm that Jon Snow is a legal son of Rheagar and Lyanna than the whole reveal is itself, pretty pointless, he is still a bastard, and he is still a snow.
    Last edited by saxdude; June 28, 2016 at 03:21 PM.

I thought rape was implied. Why would zombie mountain torture instead of Frankenstein? He would be the one to torture and do some evil science experiments.

Exactly. This is a septa we're talking about, essentially the equivalent of a Catholic nun. Her greatest source of pride is her chastity. I think it's obvious that Cersei would ruin that for her.
    It's definitely possible, but that's not the impression I got from the scene at all. Which, yeah, that's subjective. All I know is - if the showrunners wanted to imply that the septa was being raped, they did it in the most subtle way possible... And subtlety really hasn't been this show's style when it came to rape, in the past.
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay." - Bob Dylan

"Faith in God means believing, absolutely, in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing, absolutely, in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary. WE are the true believers." - Joss Whedon

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Yes, this show is not subtle, and the mountain gave no indication of rape. We don't even know if his cock works.

Think of it this way: if Cersei wanted to torture Septa Unella in the normal fashion, she could have just done it herself. He'll she was even waterboarding her with wine. In that case why would she even need the Mountain for this job? Just because his pale deformed face is terrifying? We know he has a history as a womanizer and rapist. You're right that we don't know if he can function like a normal human being after Qyburn transformed him into the FrankenMountain, so unfortunately we're not going to be given an explicitly detailed and affirmative answer if his junk works or not.

If it doesn't work, Qyburn probably replaced it with one that does, possibly with attachments.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    I must see I was a bit peeved that the Tower of Joy thing had no more revelations. The reveal concerning Jon wasn't much imo
    There was a detail most missed.

When Ned goes to Lyanna he places 'Dawn' (Arthur Dayne's sword) at the foot of the bed (There's even a dedicated shot at 2.40). 'Dawn' was said to be cast from the heart of a fallen star. There's plenty of blood on the bed.

The prince that was promised was said to be born 'under a bleeding star.'

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt.

Last edited by Halie Satanus; June 28, 2016 at 04:20 PM.

The presence of Varys with Danaerys at the end is explained by the fact that amongst the fleet you can see ships bearing the sigils of Martell and Tyrell - he brought a fleet back with him to help move Danaerys' army. I think it is only a couple of hundred miles between Dorne and Mereen, across the Narrow Sea, so it would only be a couple of days by ship once things are organised.

If you ever find violence doesn't solves anything, you haven't used enough.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Its a long way but Dorne is the closest Westeros gets to Mereen.

The music in this finale was indeed awesome, especially the three ending themes.

Final thoughts:

1. I'm never getting laid again.

2. This show won't get much better than this.

3. OMG, a whole year before the next season!

4. BREXIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post

Final thoughts:

1. I'm never getting laid again.

2. This show won't get much better than this.

3. OMG, a whole year before the next season!

4. BREXIT!
    I dare someone to try and top this post. Awesome.

MacCarthy's Avatar Miles

5. Trump or Hillary

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Think of it this way: if Cersei wanted to torture Septa Unella in the normal fashion, she could have just done it herself. He'll she was even waterboarding her with wine. In that case why would she even need the Mountain for this job? Just because his pale deformed face is terrifying? We know he has a history as a womanizer and rapist. You're right that we don't know if he can function like a normal human being after Qyburn transformed him into the FrankenMountain, so unfortunately we're not going to be given an explicitly detailed and affirmative answer if his junk works or not.
    I agree with this. I did not think about that at first. Not to mention that The mountain will never have to stop raping her.

and if the man is up and walking around is it really so much of a strecth of the imagination that his dick works as well?

KingCrr's Avatar Miles

The Mountain is going to rape her. He is too big and brutish for torture and Cersei promised she wouldn't die for a long time. I doubt the Mountain has the ability to torture and keep her alive for a long time. The Mountain is going to rape her indefinitely, until she dies. That's the implication from Cersei.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    I agree with this. I did not think about that at first. Not to mention that The mountain will never have to stop raping her.

and if the man is up and walking around is it really so much of a strecth of the imagination that his dick works as well?
    In comparison, everything was working just fine downstairs for the monster in Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein.

In other news:

Game of Thrones season 7 directors revealed

...Mark Mylod: A four-time director on the show, the British veteran of Showtime’s Shameless and HBO’s Entourage took on this season’s uniquely textured re-introduction of the The Hound in “The Broken Man,” as well as Arya’s exciting chase sequence in “No One.”

...There are a few notable GoT veterans sitting out next year, such as Miguel Sapochnik – the director of this season’s hugely impressive “Battle of the Bastards” and Sunday’s explosive finale.
    My own personal reaction to the "Hardhome" director Miguel Sapochnik moving on to Netflix and no longer directing for Game of Thrones, while that director Mark Mylod is given top billing:

My own personal reaction to the "Hardhome" director Miguel Sapochnik moving on to Netflix and no longer directing for Game of Thrones, while that director Mark Mylod is given top billing:

My own experience with TV shows is that the director is less important than the writers and the producers. In a movie, they are much more important though.

If you ever find violence doesn't solves anything, you haven't used enough.