Page 28 of 527 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637385378128 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: GAME OF THRONES - Season 3( May Contain Spoilers )

I find it amusing how in the books, I dislike all those who are beyond the Wall, Mance and everyone else, but now that Caesar is playing Mance, I want them to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    I find it amusing how in the books, I dislike all those who are beyond the Wall, Mance and everyone else, but now that Caesar is playing Mance, I want them to win.
    Am very happy to see Caesar playing, he's great.

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Brienne has some nasty gashes on her neck! Woah!

Campidoctor

Extended trailer is waaay better, now that definitely has me pumped for season three

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    Heh, I always pictured Mance as Mark Antony, so I always wanted the free folk to do well anyway.

Hopefully there's another Extended trailer.

nah at this stage with only three weeks to go, I would prefer to see as little as possible.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Da Great View Post
    Am very happy to see Caesar playing, he's great.
    Besides the fact that he's borderline obese, yeah he's good

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/03/be...ones-fan-base/

"...because if the fundamentalists were running the show, there wouldn’t be a show."

Good. At least instead of those pesky scenes that actually matter we get more Ros
    Last edited by Soviet; March 07, 2013 at 11:29 AM.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

MJ: You guys told one interviewer you were dying to get to Book 3 of the series because there’s a scene that, were you able to pull it off, would basically make your lives meaningful. How’d it go?

B&W: We think we pulled it off, but the jury is still out on life.
    What scene are they talking about?
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    I'd imagine it'd be

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Red Wedding. Which makes sense IMO, if they manage to pull it off correctly (which will be a formidable task), it will be truly thrilling television, let's hope they have given the scene justice.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Twin View Post
    I'd imagine it'd be

The Red Wedding. Which makes sense IMO, if they manage to pull it off correctly (which will be a formidable task), it will be truly thrilling television, let's hope they have given the scene justice.
    Well they certainly seem to think they have. I want it to be really messy, like people getting stabbed 50 times by like, 6 people, desperate and chaotic.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

I bet $100 that
    Robb will either go down swinging trying to save Talisa or won't die at all and become Stoneheart
    Last edited by Soviet; March 08, 2013 at 10:35 AM.

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by EireEmerald View Post
    Well they certainly seem to think they have. I want it to be really messy, like people getting stabbed 50 times by like, 6 people, desperate and chaotic.
    Well, the toughest aspect of the scene IMO will be the build up to the eventual massacre. They need to somehow recreate the almost decline to madness that Cat undergoes during the build up, which is going to be difficult from the 3rd person view.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Comes Domesticorum

Maybe you'd want to post that in spoilers so people who haven't read the books don't have an idea of what you're talking about.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I always wondered why Ned Stark didn't just call on his allies from Gondor to rescue him, his homeboy Elrond of Rivendell to siege King's Landing with his fleet of elven ships, and deploy the Golden Eye device to smite his Lannister foes from outer space (if James Bond doesn't sabotage everything like a total ass-hat first). A little Sean Bean joke there for you. You're welcome.

^^

Cos he also died there too...
    That's his FATE!

So I'm guessing the Rains of Castamere is fairly obvious to anyone who's read the book, Mhysa means nothing to me as far as I remember, Bear and Maiden fair I'm guessing is Sansa and the old lady, I'm trying to figure out the others.
    There is an actually scene with a bear and Brienne as the maiden in the books, I think. It seems to be what the trailer shows, too.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Do the Iron Islanders strike anyone else here as the sort of Spartans of Westeros? You could draw a few strong comparisons, I think. Their aversion to gold and money, for example. The non-citizen residents in the Spartan state handled all mercantile and economic affairs. And the Iron Islander's refusal to work ("we do not sow" etc.) while relying on the labor of those they've subjugated to till the soil and work in the mines. That kind of sort of reminds me of the Spartans' relationship with the Helots. But that's just me. Anyone else ever made the comparison? When writing his books, I hear that Martin relied almost entirely on medieval English history as his inspiration and have never heard ancient Greece as being part of that. The ancient civilization on Essos where the Targaryens came from does resemble the Roman Empire, though.

Comes Domesticorum

I think the "we do not sow" is about as far as the comparison between Spartans and Iron Islanders can go, because Iron Islanders are not trained from childhood to become warriors and they have no subject population which works for them. I've read all the books but all the names and places don't really stick with me, but nothing comes to mind that would closely tie in with Spartan history and society. The Iron Islanders are almost certainly based on the Danes, probably even down to the Pyke being an Isle of Man equivalent.