Page 20 of 527 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570120520 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: GAME OF THRONES - Season 3( May Contain Spoilers )

Quote Originally Posted by rabenschnabel View Post
    As if discussing stuff from the books in the TV thread isn't bad enough. You two have to do it without spoiler tags?
    *Looks at thread title, fails to give a *

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Too bad you only looked and didn't read.
    Hint: "Season 3"

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    If I had not read the books, I'd get people like you infracted. Talk about being selfish enough to not bother adding a simple spoiler tag for the people that have not read the books. It takes half a second and a click with a button. Improve yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    Minor skirmishes.
    Well that is just plain wrong.
    Last edited by Påsan; November 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    If I had not read the books, I'd get people like you infracted. Talk about being selfish enough to not bother adding a simple spoiler tag for the people that have not read the books. It takes half a second and a click with a button. Improve yourself.
    lol

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Well that is just plain wrong
    Spoiler for life, the universe and everything
    Look, they skipped over the battle of the Green Fork, which is the only big field battle (~22'000 vs ~16'000), and was covered by POVs. No other engagement other than Blackwater was covered, except for the Wall, and there's not much to see there. Lots of cheesy small scale action with no real suspense.

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

Look, they skipped over the battle of the Green Fork, which is the only big field battle (~22'000 vs ~16'000), and was covered by POVs. No other engagement other than Blackwater was covered, except for the Wall, and there's not much to see there. Lots of cheesy small scale action with no real suspense.
    You can't expect them to pull a lotr battle twice every season. Blackwater was excellent and Green Fork....yeah I was underwhelmed as well since they didn't show Whispering Wood either. But it was the first season, nobody is going to hand over enough money to make a battle scene for a first season.

I wouldn't call the sack of Astapor and the battle of Yunkai skirmishes.
    Gems of TWC:

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    News flash but groups like al-Qaeda or Taliban are not Islamist.

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Do you just whine? I mean seriously man...

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

I'm much more interested in them finally having a flashback to the Tower of Joy than any large battle, as the latter can't be filmed like we want it with these budgets. but the Tower of Joy... get some proper swordsmen and it could be ing awesome.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Season 3 spoilers.

Battle at the wall felt epic in the books, was just as game changing as the Blackwater and it had an amazing conclusion.

Also anything involving 30 000 people on one side and the Knights Watch and Stannis Army on the other is never going to be a "small time skirmish" no matter how you twist and turn it. It was a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    I'm much more interested in them finally having a flashback to the Tower of Joy than any large battle, as the latter can't be filmed like we want it with these budgets. but the Tower of Joy... get some proper swordsmen and it could be ing awesome.
    Even the book doesn't have much about the fight itself. It has a great setup and tells us the end result.

Same, I would love to see the Tower of Joy on screen.

Season 3 spoilers.

Battle at the wall felt epic in the books, was just as game changing as the Blackwater and it had an amazing conclusion.

Also anything involving 30 000 people on one side and the Knights Watch and Stannis Army on the other is never going to be a "small time skirmish" no matter how you twist and turn it. It was a battle.

They can cut down the number on screen because it is a forest battle, you don't have to see that much.

Season 3 spoilers.

I don't think this will happen in season 3.
    I guess season 3 will end with Jon returning to Castle Black and defending it against Styr's party

Really wanted this too,but now since Ned is dead...Also want the story of how Varys was cut and Salladhor telling the story of Azor Ahai. I wonder if they're gonna have Meera tell Bran about the tourney on Harrenhal as well.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Really wanted this too,but now since Ned is dead...Also want the story of how Varys was cut and Salladhor telling the story of Azor Ahai. I wonder if they're gonna have Meera tell Bran about the tourney on Harrenhal as well.
    I fear they will cut that. There's been a fairly strict policy against flashbacks, prophecies and heavy backstory in the show.

Well, Varys' story is semi-confirmed since he says " One day, I'll tell" when referring to it. A pity it was before Blackwater though, since it gives some motives for Varys to hate Stannis.

I thought Salla telling the story of Azor Ahai was essential, since people who haven't read the books don't know what the Melisandre is talking about when she says that Stannis is "Born between salt and smoke", etc.

Tourney of Harrenhal was cool but not necessary.

Oh, and I know it's going to be a LONG time before season 5, but I really hope they include Septon Meribald's monologue about soldiers on the show. It was one of the, if not the, most powerful moments in the whole series.
    Last edited by beckyolt; November 24, 2012 at 07:56 PM.

I think you should watch "I, Claudius" to get a feel how much the budget situation has improved for epic TV Shows and said Show was still great despite its technical and monetary limitations.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

I didn't feel like Green Fork was truly necessary, the way they did it was great.. They should've shown the aftermath of Whispering Woods though, or at least using CGI to make it look like hundreds of knights were coming out of the woods . Tywin saying that Robb was "With his other 18,000 men" and then showing Robb coming out of the woods with like 30 knights was pretty lame.

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

@beckyolt

I agree it seemed lame but still we have to remember it's a fantasy show in its FIRST season, the producers hoped it would go well but could not be sure, afterall 90% of fantasy shows have not been succesful. There is no way to persuade HBO to give more money in season 1.
    Gems of TWC:

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    News flash but groups like al-Qaeda or Taliban are not Islamist.