Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Well...the sand snakes got apprehended pretty quickly...
    I wanted hotah to behead one of them, he had to behead someone, show is complete failure. Why bother even casting him.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

I wonder how long till Ramsey dies a brutal death at the hands of somebody from his entourage. I mean seriously, Joff-Joff was king but killing this douche would have no consequence (since he is no longer heir anyway if a legitimate kid is born)

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    starting to give up on the show. Absolutely nothing of note has happened thus far. Basically just counting the days until episode 8 and 9 get here.
    I would say Sophie Turner getting surprise butted is of some significance.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; May 18, 2015 at 11:38 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shuu View Post

I would say Sophie Turner getting surprise butted is of some significance.
    eh, not really. everyone saw(or should have seen) that coming as soon as she married him. And its not like we haven't seen other people get raped on the show either.

True but now she'll have reason to light a candle in the highest tower and you know who comes aknocking then
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

True but now she'll have reason to light a candle in the highest tower and you know who comes aknocking then
    that lighting candle stuff is related with Brienne?

thought it has to do with that old woman, not with her

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    that lighting candle stuff is related with Brienne?
    It has to be either her or some kind of northern insurrection. Either way im sure she'll light that mothering candle the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    It has to be either her or some kind of northern insurrection. Either way im sure she'll light that mothering candle the next episode.
    well, why now? "hey I've been threatened by a freakin lover of Ramsay" or "i've been ed by Ramsay after the wedding, save me?"
    but if she doesn't then it will be one of the useless talks of the show anyway.

Meh I agree this was a bad episode but compared to season 3 and 4 I think this season has actually been great. Everyone's complaining about nothing happening, but I don't think that's a fair complaint. First of all, there is just not that much happening in the books so obviously there will be less things happening in the show as well. Then there's also adaptability. Arya's storyline, for instance, was waay too trippy and vague in the books to be adopted to the screen, while something like Arianne's storyline would've taken up way too much screentime. I think up until this episode they actually handled these problems very gracefully, be it with the aid of some non-"lore" twists. Which is a big contrast to the way they butchered events in the previous seasons (remember Karl Tanner the cutthroat in S4 or Theon's "escape" from the Dreadfort aided by Ramsay which took up 3 episodes in S3, or pretty much Bran's entire arc - with Jojen and Osha's fights as the pinnacle of cringe - etc etc). Basically this season the filler feels less like filler and the actual stuff from the book is handled better than in previous seasons (like the High Sparrow and his army of s, or the Stannis/Night's Watch storyline)

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    well, why now? "hey I've been threatened by a freakin lover of Ramsay" or "i've been ed by Ramsay after the wedding, save me?"
    but if she doesn't then it will be one of the useless talks of the show anyway.
    It's not that she's been ed but how she's been ed, there are some things which can shatter a 19 year old girl.

Either way the way I see it the Boltons are screwed big time. Even if they manage to keep hold of Sansa and beat back Stannis (unlikely), Littlefinger will be strolling in with the combined army of the vale and the north (unless the north joins stannis that is) and just roflstomp everyone to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Meh I agree this was a bad episode but compared to season 3 and 4 I think this season has actually been great. Everyone's complaining about nothing happening, but I don't think that's a fair complaint. First of all, there is just not that much happening in the books so obviously there will be less things happening in the show as well. Then there's also adaptability. Arya's storyline, for instance, was waay too trippy and vague in the books to be adopted to the screen, while something like Arianne's storyline would've taken up way too much screentime. I think up until this episode they actually handled these problems very gracefully, be it with the aid of some non-"lore" twists. Which is a big contrast to the way they butchered events in the previous seasons (remember Karl Tanner the cutthroat in S4 or Theon's "escape" from the Dreadfort aided by Ramsay which took up 3 episodes in S3, or pretty much Bran's entire arc - with Jojen and Osha's fights as the pinnacle of cringe - etc etc). Basically this season the filler feels less like filler and the actual stuff from the book is handled better than in previous seasons (like the High Sparrow and his army of s, or the Stannis/Night's Watch storyline)
    Well I didn't read the books, so I'm not sure what to say, you might be right.

It's not that she's been ed but how she's been ed, there are some things which can shatter a 19 year old girl.
    After gone through all bad things? Idk.
    And wasn't it obvious that he is not an angel-like person? Especially after seeing Theon that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shuu
    Either way the way I see it the Boltons are screwed big time.
    They are.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shuu
    Even if they manage to keep hold of Sansa and beat back Stannis (unlikely), Littlefinger will be strolling in with the combined army of the vale and the north (unless the north joins stannis that is) and just roflstomp everyone to bits.
    Well I hope LF will fail with his plans this time.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

GRRM and the creators are getting a lot of for the rape scene. Honestly I think a lot of people are just latching onto the outrage but to the others...what the hell did they think was going to happen?

Honestly I think the worst part of the episode was that stupid fight with the Sand Snakes. The characters are pretty awful.

Everytime I see the Sand Snakes

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; May 18, 2015 at 02:46 PM.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Honestly I think the worst part of the episode was that stupid fight with the Sand Snakes was worse. The characters are pretty awful.

hahaha good one

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Tommen needs to grow some balls. He's got an army of dudes in plate armor with swords and shields vs an army of dudes in robes with sticks.
    Him not doing anything would make sense in the books. In the show, that doesn't fly because we've seen that Margery and Tommen are already having sex and there is just no chance after getting a taste of that, that he lets those guys steal his wife. He might let it slip for that moment because he's outnumbered, but as soon as he left he would send in the King's Guard and slaughter those morons.

I don't know what you are talking about in regards to the rape scene in the book. Sansa never got raped by Ramsey in the book, because they never met each other in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    GRRM and the creators are getting a lot of for the rape scene. Honestly I think a lot of people are just latching onto the outrage but to the others...what the hell did they think was going to happen?

Honestly I think the worst part of the episode was that stupid fight with the Sand Snakes. The characters are pretty awful.

Very much this. This whole season....uhhh I dunno. Just not feeling it.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Just remembered a show change, they've made the boltons be completely on their own whereas in the book they had freys on behalf of the crown helping enforce Bolton control. The show has kinda forgotten about the freys it seems, hopefully they get back to that soon.

About tommen not doing anything, he's still a naive weak kid in the show, where in the book he was just young and not caring. Not having the kg slaughter the faith militant, he's a chicken, his mother was clearly pushing him to hold off, and he knows he'd have a riot if he attacked the faith.

And seriously Ramsey has been shown as a deranged psycho the whole time but now it's a problem cause he hurt sansa. The problem with this is it mainly shows him to be a complete moron. Unless he plans to keep her locked in a tower all the time pissing off the peasants who love the Starks, he has to worry about being poisoned or something now.

The sand snakes were a little embarrassing in the book too but the actors are just terrible And the writing horrible so the whole thing becomes the cringe fest we got. Hope they kill them off quick the dorne storyline is stupid af.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

So, the Faceless Men are shapeshifters by virtue of preserving dead people's heads in their vaults? How does that work exactly? Also, what the has Arya's storyline to do with anything?
    Last edited by Timoleon of Korinthos; May 18, 2015 at 05:09 PM.
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Timoleon of Korinthos View Post
    Also, what the has Arya's storyline to do with anything?

She's a popular character. So......there's that?

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

A few things I took from the last episode:

1) Sansa getting raped was important, because it is going to push Reek over the edge in doing something, perhaps, or even Sansa herself by lighting that damn candle for Brienne

2) The fight scene with the Sand sisters, Bron, and Jamie was ridiculous and hammy, in a Xena Warrior Princess sort of way, but it was significant who injured Bron there at the very last moment, considering their family's infamous use of poison

3) I would suggest we not forget Lancel Lannister in all of this. Cersei thinks she is very clever, like she's using the Faith Militant as her own little army, but what happens if Lancel is forced to spill the beans about his incestuous relationship with Cersei? Incest, I would imagine, is just as impeachable an offense in the eyes of the Faith Militant as homosexual acts and perjury (the latter committed by Margery). The boy King Tommen might have to step in not only to save his wife, but also his own stupid mother from the Faith Militant. That would make an interesting episode coming up.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I am glad I'm not the only one who thought the Sand snakes are terrible. My friends and I were talking about it all day how much they're overacting to appeal to that "female badass" trope when there's no need to. Like what purpose did them using a whip on that guy's head other than to try to force the viewer into going "wow so hardcore lolololol". I'm also surprised if people are angry that it's Sansa that got raped when from my experience most people (including me) kind of hate Sansa. Sure she's better than she was but that's not saying much. Still, I'm pissed off about killing of Barristan, probably so the "young, hot exotic Grey Worm who doesn't have his grey worm" can take his spot to satisfy the love story cliche with a god damn slave girl. I mean I like the actor but it feels like they're just forcing his role to be more important because they're appealing to female hormones. But hey I won't lie it's probably what they did for guys with the casting of Margaery etc., but I still just find the book changes are more for the worse at this point than the better. Why haven't they decided to increase the season lengths at this point, so as to actually tell the story with a bit more grace? I'm not asking for much, but just 2-3 extra episodes would've vastly improved this season and last, and certainly have made the very rushed season 2 a lot better.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Protector Domesticus

The show seems to have a big issue with a ton of good build up only to have a quick and underwhelming payoff.