Page 9 of 527 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Default Re: GAME OF THRONES - Season 3( May Contain Spoilers )

GIVE STANNIS FIREARMS!!!!!!

Really, that'd be awesome. Maybe the Braavosi have some hidden ace up their sleeve, eh?

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by EireEmerald View Post
    I completely disagree with you about the Tywin/ Arya dynamic and their scenes together. I also think that Tywin's character is much more interesting now.
    Itīs kind of a blend. For one, the scenes with Arya and Tywin were pretty interesting, had solid performances on both parts and had a lot of subtlety to it. The problem is that all of that becomes pointless when you realize that those scenes werenīt leading up to anything. And so, it becomes a waste of time. My theory is that they needed to give some more screen time to Tywin to showcase his personality to the audience, and maybe also be cause of contractual obligation with the actor, who knows.

As for the character development, well, i donīt really envision Tywin minding at all about a low life mopping brat that serve him his dishes and fills his cups, much less maintaining conversation with her periodicaly.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi90 View Post

As for the character development, well, i donīt really envision Tywin minding at all about a low life mopping brat that serve him his dishes and fills his cups, much less maintaining conversation with her periodicaly.
    I don't get the vibe he is somehow minding her but more that he knows that Arya has secrets and he enjoyed trying to figure her out and how she tries to prevent him from finding out. In essence he considers her an interesting person however of no consequence
    Last edited by Mangalore; August 14, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    I don't get the vibe he is somehow minding her but more that he knows that Arya has secrets and he enjoyed trying to figure her out and how she tries to prevent him from finding out. In essence he considers an interesting person however of no consequence
    My feelings as well. She's something for him to figure out, nothing more and nothing less. He just took interest in her because she was smart enough to disguise herself as a boy while traveling.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Man, I didn't see this thread before now... .

Do firearms belong in fantasy, though?

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    I don't get the vibe he is somehow minding her but more that he knows that Arya has secrets and he enjoyed trying to figure her out and how she tries to prevent him from finding out. In essence he considers an interesting person however of no consequence
    That migth be it, although i still am disapointing that there is going to be no pay off at the end

That migth be it, although i still am disapointing that there is going to be no pay off at the end
    Would they have had any with Roose Bolton?
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

No, but she didnīt sapre more than a few lines of dialogue with him. With Tywin, on the other hand..

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

So I'm about 2/3 of the way through this book, so much rage inducing moments but so much more interesting than the last book. As far as I've read, 3>1>>>>2
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    So I'm about 2/3 of the way through this book, so much rage inducing moments but so much more interesting than the last book. As far as I've read, 3>1>>>>2
    A lot of people consider book 3 the best, it's certainly more action packed - particularly the part you've got to! Plenty more to enjoy too

No, but she didnīt sapre more than a few lines of dialogue with him. With Tywin, on the other hand..
    I would dare say this is the reason. Two important characters falling off the Earth doing nothing doesn't help to characterize them as important on a TV show so they had to find something to do for them so the audience still knows where they are.
    Mangalore Design

Well, Roose needs to be more fleshed out, and fast. He's basically one of the main antagonists of book 5.

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/08/ci...inds-is-mance/

We have Mance!

I guess it makes sense with all the characters aged up, Hinds is a great actor.

Campidoctor

And we have ourselves a Mance Rayder!

Ciarán Hinds, best known for playing Julius Caesar in Rome, has been cast in the role. A great choice, even if Caesar was a bit more unexpected compared to Mark Antony. Baring Ramsey, I think we now have a full house

Edit: Damn, curse you! Ninjad by a few minutes!

I liked this guy more

but I guess that one will be good enough as Mance.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Ew.... and I thought Brutus as Edmure was bad.

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Great choice for Mance! Was not expecting it but I am glad they made this decision now. He will bring Mance to life.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    I liked this guy more

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

but I guess that one will be good enough as Mance.
    Who is that? He looks like an underfed Ben Stiller with beard.

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Guys I developed a theory. Could it be that the "Song of Ice and Fire" have multiple meanings - such as : Starks/Northerners either allying or engaging in a war with Targaryens or the White Walkers clashing with the Lord of Light and his red priests/followers/whatever?
    I've just finished A Clash of Kings, don't pounce on me if what I stated is obvious
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

There's so much theories about the name.

It might be about the opposites of ASOIAF, like R'hllor and the Great Other.

Or, a popular theory, that it's a reference to Jon - Rhaegar (fire) + Lyanna (Ice) = Jon ,Ice and Fire. Again, it's just a theory.

Me, I just think Martin wanted an awesome name for the series and chose that.