Page 52 of 527 FirstFirst ... 22742434445464748495051525354555657585960616277102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 10530

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: GAME OF THRONES - Season 3( May Contain Spoilers )

Ah, okay. Guess I never really notice what the wildlings fight with lol.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Well, if you look at Total War games, "pikemen" or "spearmen" can usually be a category of its own, since what defines them is their spear.
    Well yeah, but I think neither G.R.R Martin or the show directors have quite the amount of interests in the finer points of Medieval unit tactics. They stated the Unsullied are awesome which is probably good enough for anyone except TW fans. I'm thinking I'd just shoot them to bits if I was a Westeros commander.

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Finaly saw episode 4

I think I'm in love with Danyaris

Fire and Blood.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    Finaly saw episode 4

I think I'm in love with Danyaris
    She'd eat you alive, old man.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Oh it will, cause in the next episode

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    No spoiler here...just messing with Stealth
    Tywin..........

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    About the location of the White Walkers, there's a lot we don't know about them, their habits, whether or not they can move further south, etc. Winter hasn't technically started yet so their power hasn't reached its zenith. I think it is safe to assume that they're biding their time, gathering more wights, and preparing for the assault.

I am disappointed they haven't really introduced the usefulness of obsidian yet...
    Pretty much spot on.

Its outstanding TV-quality and the last episode had the magnificient Daenerys-blossoming-of-awesomeness and some good depth-dialogue but I think they missed major bits.
    Kind of my issue with season 3 so far, one half is actually participating - be it by plotting or revealing or even ****ing prostitutes for free - while the other half (or approx. 1/3) of screen time is filled with the endless whining of Catelyn/Theon. They're almost on Cersei & Joffrey dislike-level by now. The book is so rich in the heads of the characters, why make them as plain as possible and don't balance the screen-time? You have Mance Rayder, with Ciaran Hinds, and exchange that for the whining at nauseam?

For season 3, you could have cut 80% of the Theon ********, 100% of all Catelyn-appearances and implement a lot more details in comparably rushed scenes. So cringeworthy, I almost skipped their dialogues.

At least for A long Watch has ended, the torture of Jamie is essential for his character development, to make him as awesome as he deserves to be.

The Craster scene was intense and very well worked - thought more dramatic & touching as in the book - but it lacked the vital part
    about his death wish and the obsidian dialogue.

It will maybe be implemented later but the scene had high potential in both emotional, and plot-important lines. No last words from Jeor Mormont...

Sandor vs Beric will be epic McCann trained months for this scene, as it was shot in insane heat and it was his hardest workout ever
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; April 23, 2013 at 01:57 PM.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

I allready skip the Catelyn parts automaticly, just like I did in the books

There mere thought of Dany dying at some point upsets me, she's felt like the main protagonist this whole time! =p

Whatever the intentions were behind the bastard's ruse with Theon (Gaining respect from his father for bringing a valued escaped prisoner back into the fold? I have no idea) he did manage to gain the information that the Stark boys escaped into hiding, so there is that.

The ending of this episode was so sick even if it was totally predictable.

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Well the wiki says otherwise.
    Because the wiki is totally not written by average people, with far less understanding of military matters than the average military history buff.

IT'S A WIKI, FOR ****'S SAKE. "Heavy" is a term used for forces which are meant to engage in direct, open confrontation, while "light" is applied to troops who reconnoitre, harass, run communications, etc.

Heavy troops:

Light troops:

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Da Great View Post
    There mere thought of Dany dying at some point upsets me, she's felt like the main protagonist this whole time! =p
    Dunno.
    Its the first time he has been made a force to be reckoned with but if you talk about her character development, agreed.

Whatever the intentions were behind the bastard's ruse with Theon (Gaining respect from his father for bringing a valued escaped prisoner back into the fold? I have no idea) he did manage to gain the information that the Stark boys escaped into hiding, so there is that.
    As book reader, I won't spoil the meal for you, but you know from previous encounters that his father has a somewhat....deranged way of testing his son. Or maybe, I'm talking *********.

One serious question though - who feels sorry for Theon in HBO's show?

FFS, Blatta, use some spoilers
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; April 23, 2013 at 03:54 PM.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    I allready skip the Catelyn parts automaticly, just like I did in the books
    Tell me about it, Catelyn's chapters in Riverrun were an absolute nightmare to read through. The only thing worse than turning the page and seeing her name at the top was seeing Bran's.

Speaking of Theon...

I'm hoping we don't see much more of him in this season. Perhaps a brief glimpse in one of the final episodes, but anymore and they will struggle to find enough material for the future. I know why Theon has to appear, you have to show his torture and gradual mental breakdown, because we don't get to see inside his head like we do in the books. You couldn't just reintroduce him later in his Reek persona, as that wouldn't work in a TV series. And of course, there's a practical point of keeping Alfie Allen on board.

However, there is only so much of it you could show before it begins to get repetitive, and with plenty of other characters to focus on and the fact Theon is going to spend at least two more seasons in the same place, we'll have to see him sparingly.

Comes Domesticorum

Concerning Theon:

My guess is that they'll move along the pace of his character's story faster, so probably we won't see him for a few episodes and then he'll show up as Reek at the end of the season or beginning of the next one. In any case, the reveal was one of my favorite parts in the books, so I'm really hoping it is done well in the show.

Anyway, I never found the Catelyn chapters to be too bad, or the Catelyn parts in the show either.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Well the part with Bran at that castle was kinda good but for the most part I agree, Bran Catelyn and Theon suck. I think the main point of having Theon around this season is really just to keep the actor around and because non book readers want to see him more.

Danaerys's voice annoys me still though. And we haven't seen her damn boobs since season 1, wtf. Sansa though seems much better looking, strange as she looks the same as ever, she just seems more attractive. I'm guessing the writers are probably salivating waiting for her to turn 18 so they can make her get naked
    for Tyrion.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    for Tyrion.
    And the millions of perverts healthy virile males across the globe.

My guess is that Cat's storyline is important because that woman is deeply devoted to her family and a very loving mother - to all her children. So devoted that you know when she goes for vengeance...
    even death won't stop her

I think I need to read Dance with Dragons once again, but it seems to me that the whole series in a way reminds me of this quote I found on the seventh page of the last Harry Potter book:
    But there is a cure in the house
    and not outside it, no,
    not from others but from them,
    their bloody strife. We sing to you,
    dark gods beneath the earth.

Now hear, you blissful powers underground -
    answer the call, send help.
    Bless the children, give them triumph now!
    The Children must step up and save the world, for
    Winter is coming.
    Last edited by torongill; April 23, 2013 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

why did that servant release theon just to take him back to the dungeon again?

Is it cos, To see where his true intentions/feelings laid. and was trolling him, like really. lol

Double Post...
    I ll write something else...

--------------------

HBO boys got sloppy in the last episode, Margarey suggests to Sansa that she could be protected if she marries Loras who is in the Kingsguard and can not marry anyone.

I enjoyed this ep. I don't understand why people are infuriated at Varys having found the sorceror who cut him, I thought it was a nice touch. Great ending too, though I wish they'd shown Dany liberating all the slaves of Astapor.

@Blatta

Use spoilers for those images, please.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Citizen

Double Post...
    I ll write something else...

--------------------

HBO boys got sloppy in the last episode, Margarey suggests to Sansa that she could be protected if she marries Loras who is in the Kingsguard and can not marry anyone.
    Good point. In the book it is slightly different as she is marrying someone else. Minor detail though.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

I just noticed something, in the massacre of astapor, they changed that Dany basically ordered the unsullied to massacre everyone in the city who wasn't a slave, not just slave masters as they said in the show. I guess non readers wouldn't understand her ordering them to kill anyone wearing a toga.

Um, it's not really a minor detail, Sansa isn't exactly ultra thrilled at the prospect of marrying the older crippled brother, she naively assumed she'd marry the gallant young handsome one not thinking that one he's not the heir and two he's a kingsguard and so can't marry, and I'm fairly certain they already made Loras kingsguard in the ceremony after the Blackwater last season.

Although I expected no better, with all the combined characters, there was no chance in bringing in an extra brother who does nothing but almost get married to sansa.
    Last edited by Ulyaoth; April 23, 2013 at 08:33 PM.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Citizen

Good job ruining things for everyone not reading the books .

In the book, Sansa and Willas is really a perfect match and Sansa accepts the offer without much reservations. As she should because in both book and series the offer is really one big -->*LIFELINE*<-- for sansa considering her current position as a lannister prisoner.
    Last edited by Påsan; April 23, 2013 at 08:50 PM.