Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Considering she loves Jamie I dont think she would suspect him. She would not see it coming.

What bothers me more is that Roose Bolton seemed surprised when Ramsey stabbed him to death. He was the smarter one of the two, he knew Ramsey better than anyone else. Even Sansa would have known he'd do that and she was only there for a short time.

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Roose Bolton's death was badly staged. I would have prefered that he removed Ramsey who was a disappointment.
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Considering she loves Jamie I dont think she would suspect him. She would not see it coming.
    This is one thing I really dislike that the show has changed. By the time Jaime goes to the Riverlands he dislikes cersei, to the point of almost despising her (its complicated because there is still love there too). The reason for this is partly the fact that Tyrion tells Jaime on his way out just before he kills his father, that shes been ing "lancel, osmund kettleblack and moonboy for all I know." Jaime dismisses this as Tyrion just trying to hurt Jaime, but later on in the riverlands he meets his cousin lancel who has found god, and admits to it. Then while hes in the riverlands, the whole cersei lockup thing happens and then shes released due to Kevin getting her out, then she sends Jaime a letter "come back to me I need you now more than ever.'( "and he throws it away, tossing it into the fire.

why is this sequence of events important? Because book Jaime would single-handedly kill every single sparrow in the city if they kept Cersei away from him. Thats just his character. He tried to kill ned stark for something his wife did. Ned ings Stark. The guy just doesn't care what other people think. and the ONLY thing that would end Jaime and Cersei's relationship would be unfaithfulness on her part. Because he is at heart a hopeless romantic. And he loves her and no other woman. The only thing he demands for this loyalty is the same from her. I mean he started a war for her essentially. What sucks most is they started this plotline in season 3 when Jaime returns from captivity and Cersei is mad at him, but it was reversed immedieatly when Joffrey died- because Joff dies before Jaime arrives and that changes the whole dynamic.

so now what could possibly get Jaime to slay cersei? It can't be lancel since hes dead, it can't really be Brienne since shes heading back up north. In fact Jaime should love Cersei more now for what she did- she finally took his advice to just kill all their enemies and rule as brother-sister-lovers over the seven kingdoms. And in the show Jaime doesn't even know about her unfaithfulness.
    Last edited by RedGuard; September 12, 2016 at 02:19 PM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Maybe - like Roose Botlon - Jaime can also die in a different way than in the book (which book may never get to that point anyway and afaik it is unlikely that Roose gets killed by Ramsay in the book -again may not get to that )
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

I imagine they are deviating from Martin's plans with the books on purpose at this point so that the books remain a surprise still. And if not I am sure Martin might just come up with a different ending after he sees the reactions of people to the series ending.

In the series it does show that Jamie and Cercei have grown apart. Something does seem to go on between Jamie and Brienne. And he does seem unhappy about loving a hatefull woman (cercei) He is clearly torn. And blowing up the sept is no small thing. Cercei is responsible for the deaths of Kevan and Tommen, both people Jamie cares about a great deal. I am sure he didnt care about Lancell at least since he was with the crazy cult.

He knew about the plans of the mad king, and now saw that Cercei did something similar to that.

Pretty sure Jaimie is going to kill Cersei seeing as how she became the Mad King. The same Mad King he killed with his own hands.

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

Daenerys should be the mad queen.
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

Twist, he kills them both by impaling them simultaneously while Daenerys does her Jean Grey impression.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

I imagine that Daenerys will first start diplomacy before assaulting King's Landing. I wonder if there will even be much of a fight seeing how most guards would likely want to surrender at the sight of those dragons.

Could be a very strong scene I think, seeing Cercei with Jamie, Quiburn and the Mountain stand before Daenerys, Tyrion and Varys before it comes to battle.

Either way I imagine Daenerys would not siege the city right away. She did not do that with any other cities she conquered either and this is where she wants to become Queen. She wants the people on her side. Seeing how Cercei blew up the sept and killed so many people, it would not be hard for the people to see Daenerys as a liberator if they get to see she is not mad like her father (yet). Being backed by Dorne and the Tyrells helps too of course, and I imagine it would be common knowledge that neither the Vale or the Starks would aid Cercei and likely will stay out of that entire conflict untill it comes to them.

I've been wondering, which character has received the most combat scenes?

I think it's between Jon, Jorah, the hound and Bronn.

They all did quite a lot of fighting. Sadly Bronn has not fought that much in later seasons, I kind of expected him to die seasons ago already because I thought he had served his purpose in the story. But I gues he might still have a role to play. I'd certainly miss him if he dies. Kind of hoping he gets to kill some sandsnakes though.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Jon easy. He's the only one who's been in multiple battles. Rest of them got some badly chorographed duels.

Bronn porpuse is pretty clear.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Comedy relief.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

I hope they won't use most (or all) of season 7 to show Cercei's downfall.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

She'll have time to figure out where she went wrong.

Well clearly Daenerys will first try diplomacy instead of sending an army of murderous Dothraki rapists and destructive dragons into King's Landing. She'd make Cercei, Joffrey and the Mad King look like benevolent rulers in comparison if she did.

I wonder what will happen up North. Seeing as how Jon is going to be busy with White Walkers will Daenerys help with her dragons? There's gotta be some connection there.

There's one theory that Jon and Tyrion are Targaryen, so each gets a dragon.

It would be very stupid if Tyrion was a Targaryen, I dont buy it. He has Tywin's intellect and is very much his son. That would be an even dumber decision than killing off Prince Doran.
    Jon being a Targaryen is a big enough reveal on its own, it would just seem silly if ANOTHER mayor character suddenly turns out to be Targaryen too. I don't think Jon will be riding any dragons. He sees himself as a Stark, and he does have Stark blood.

I'm not sure how much Daenerys even knows about the wall, whitewalker and the coming winter. Did anyone ever mention that to her? I believe not. Either way she will first focus on establishing herself as queen. When winter comes, her Dothraki and unsullied will be worthless if send up north, though I am not sure how far that winter goes. Does it even extend to snow in King's Landing?

Either way I think that Daenerys her main challenge will be keeping her forces in check. I mean she has three dragons and a violent horde of Dothraki who are looking for glorious battle. She can't controll them. Only the unsullied are fully loyal to her commands.
    I also think that her gathered alliances might fall apart as well, like many alliances in the show have fallen apart through the seasons. The sandsnakes and whatsherface leading them can't be trusted.
    Last edited by Inhuman One; September 24, 2016 at 05:53 PM.

A study of nature versus nurture.

I think that either way the story will end with an end to the war and the white walkers. I mean there was stability and peace at the start of the show, so I assume it will end that way too.
    They had relative peace during Robert's reign aside from the Greyjoy rebellion so I assume it will head to a period like that once more otherwise it really would not be a conclusion to the story. Stuff will always remain open ended in some parts, but I assume that these seven books is about the period of war.

Does not mean it would be a happy peace though. Might even mean an uncomforteable marriage alliance. If Jon becomes king he would not be a good one, but I can see it happening due to having both Targaryen and Stark blood. He would make peace, but he probably would be surrounded by scheming advisors. Pretty much like Robert was.

If Daenerys becomes queen, she would also have an uncomforteable marriage alliance. I don't think Jon and Daenerys will end up together, if she has the throne, Jon would not need it. I could only see him taking the throne to create peace. Not because he'd want it. Daenerys will seek out a marriage alliance either way I believe. Maybe with Gendry. She can legitimise him as a Baratheon, thus could put an end to the conflict of the past between Baratheons and Targaryens.

But I kind of suspect that neither of them will take the iron throne, if it even still exists in the end. I don't think Littlefinger or Tyrion will have it either. But I do expect Littlefinger to come very close to it and killing beloved characters as part of his master plan. But Sansa will be the death of him I imagine. Tyrion will likely be the new ruler of Casterly Rock and head of house Lannister since I assume his siblings will die.

As for who might actually take the Iron throne in the end.. Lady Orlenna, Gendry, Davos, Varys, Bran or Sansa perhaps. Depending on how they develop through the next two seasons.