Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    I also don't like the fact that they sidelined sansa and the fact that Jon accepted the title of King. In the books I just don't see that happening. I think he wants to be protector of the North possibly, but I have a hard time believing he'll go from LC to Stark to King to Targaryan if and when Howland Reed shows up. I could see him giving over the lands and titles to Rickon but accepting the name Stark finally. But then he will find out his true paternity. I see Stannis possibly being in the same situation as LF but without the political acumen to realize that these northerners will never follow him into battle in the south. Or he could end up dieing in the seige of Winterfell. And I seriously doubt that Brienne will show up in the north and do him in. So needless to say I think the northern storyline will be almost completely unrecognizable in the books. obviously Sansa won't be there either.
    They didn't sideline Sansa. Think about it. Jon's priority, as noted, is the WW. He's taking his people North next season probably. But the Wall's never going to have the supplies for them, not when they've only ever had roughly 1000 Night's watch spread between three keeps, nevermind their losses. What show do you think Sansa's going to run? Sansa's likely running the North while Jon's running the War.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    What did Lyanna whisper to Ned. There's a theory she and Rhaegar married and Jon is Targaryen.
    that would be the crucial point, does it make them rivals smh? if not, the whole thing is kinda pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    What did Lyanna whisper to Ned. There's a theory she and Rhaegar married and Jon is Targaryen.
    Well doesn't it have to be raegars kid? Why else would ned claim it as his own bastard? He would only have to hide the identity of the parents if it would cause the baby to be killed. Robert Baratheon would have killed the kid if he found out 1) his wife's kidnapper was the father 2) he was a legitimate claimant to the throne. Remember how awkward it was in the first season when Robert asked Ned about his bastards mother?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HeX
    that would be the crucial point, does it make them rivals smh? if not, the whole thing is kinda pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow
    Well doesn't it have to be raegars kid? Why else would ned claim it as his own bastard? He would only have to hide the identity of the parents if it would cause the baby to be killed. Robert Baratheon would have killed the kid if he found out 1) his wife's kidnapper was the father 2) he was a legitimate claimant to the throne. Remember how awkward it was in the first season when Robert asked Ned about his bastards mother?
    At present only Bran knows and whether Bran ever tells any one significant (Jon/Dany) and whether it becomes widely known, well it'll be a complex scenario to get there. Never mind if Bran shows up he's the rightful heir to the Stark name..

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    I think at this point Daenarys' thinking is: "I have three cute baby lizards and you don't." aka redo Aegon's conquest if need be. At this point the Seven Kingdoms are so screwed I don't think you survive your claim based on legalese anymore.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

The strangest thing has happened: the Frankenstein Mountain, Ser Gregor Clegane, has potentially raped the hell out of Septa Unella at Cersei's orders, in her makeshift BDSM dungeon, and yet...nary a peep from feminists online! I haven't found a single stupid article online about how Game of Thrones is misogynist for doing this (nevermind the fact that some men in this show are tortured to the point of having their penises cut off in this cruel, cut-throat feudal world). Could it be that the feminists hushed up because there are so many powerful women taking revenge now on those who've wronged them? That includes Cersei, a powerful woman who has exacted vengeance on those who meant her harm or were trying to suppress her political power. Yet that doesn't just involve killing people with Wildfire. It also entails having the septa raped (or potentially raped...director Miguel Sapochnik avoided controversy by having it implied...seeing how we know that the Mountain was a notorious womanizer who raped Elia Martell, Prince Oberyn's sister).

On another note, has anyone come to the realization that we now have two different Hands of the Queen? Qyburn for Cersei and Tyrion for Daenerys? Everyone was hyped for Cleganebowl, but since that has been delayed or even cancelled, I think we should have a Hand of the Queen Bowl instead. I think it would be hilarious to see Qyburn and Tyrion square off during the general chaos and siege of King's Landing.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

The next season will be about "moar" feminism and politicial correctiness according to D&D from their recent interview. I just love being living in this century.

Then you throw in a dwarf, just for the lulz.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    The next season will be about "moar" feminism and politicial correctiness according to D&D from their recent interview. I just love being living in this century.
    Link?
    Also, at least you're not living in 'Murica or Western Europe, where these are state doctrine.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Link?
    Also, at least you're not living in 'Murica or Western Europe, where these are state doctrine.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...c303854b000024

have a hug bro, we dont like living with you in this century either, but tough tits.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    jons setup is very simple, he wants to unite as many as possible against the WW, so if he has to be king, so be it. The Reluctant Wulf anyone?
    and why does he have to be king to do that? He doesn't even have to be lord. I mean Ser Kevan is the commander of the Lannister armies. Was I mean. Why would they hand over the Kingship to a bastard when they have a trueborn daughter right next to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    They didn't sideline Sansa. Think about it. Jon's priority, as noted, is the WW. He's taking his people North next season probably. But the Wall's never going to have the supplies for them, not when they've only ever had roughly 1000 Night's watch spread between three keeps, nevermind their losses. What show do you think Sansa's going to run? Sansa's likely running the North while Jon's running the War.
    Oh you sweet summer child. Do you really think that a war against the white walkers will be "run"? They are going to come and everything up for everyone, and winterfell will be taken. Sansa and the survivors will probably end up heading south to either Riverun or the Eyrie, if they can get that far.
    Last edited by RedGuard; June 28, 2016 at 12:33 PM.

daughter being the operative word. the want a king who leads them in battle.

... feminism and politicial correctiness ...
    Am I a macho that I think these two things aren't actual problems for real men? Is it just me? Ok.

Let's return to rape, pillaging and people dieing in child bed, you know, the fun stuff! I must see I was a bit peeved that the Tower of Joy thing had no more revelations. The reveal concerning Jon wasn't much imo, I want to know how that entire let's run away together in a manner even my brother is willing to go to war against my lover is supposed to work.
    Or is Rhaegar still supposed to be a villain, thing is the Mad King is consistent while the stories about him are not and tainted by which character is talking about him.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Is Jaime a reliable narrator?

It would be ironic if he turned out to be the Bilbo of this tale.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    The strangest thing has happened: the Frankenstein Mountain, Ser Gregor Clegane, has potentially raped the hell out of Septa Unella at Cersei's orders, in her makeshift BDSM dungeon, and yet...nary a peep from feminists online! I haven't found a single stupid article online about how Game of Thrones is misogynist for doing this (nevermind the fact that some men in this show are tortured to the point of having their penises cut off in this cruel, cut-throat feudal world). Could it be that the feminists hushed up because there are so many powerful women taking revenge now on those who've wronged them? That includes Cersei, a powerful woman who has exacted vengeance on those who meant her harm or were trying to suppress her political power. Yet that doesn't just involve killing people with Wildfire. It also entails having the septa raped (or potentially raped...director Miguel Sapochnik avoided controversy by having it implied...seeing how we know that the Mountain was a notorious womanizer who raped Elia Martell, Prince Oberyn's sister).
    Huh? There is literally nothing in the episode that implies that Gregor raped the septa. I mean, it's entirely POSSIBLE, but there's nothing that hints at it. For all we know, Gregor's just torturing the out of her. Hell, for all we know, maybe Gregor can't even get it up ever since he got zombified by Qyburn.
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay." - Bob Dylan

"Faith in God means believing, absolutely, in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing, absolutely, in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary. WE are the true believers." - Joss Whedon

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...nge-everything

Well this is an interesting theory.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Your Lame Sister View Post
    Huh? There is literally nothing in the episode that implies that Gregor raped the septa. I mean, it's entirely POSSIBLE, but there's nothing that hints at it. For all we know, Gregor's just torturing the out of her. Hell, for all we know, maybe Gregor can't even get it up ever since he got zombified by Qyburn.
    Nothing that hints at it? Really? Cersei chanting "shame...shame...shame..." over and over wasn't clear enough? Ser Gregor also took his helmet off for the occasion, right after Cersei told the septa that "he is your god now."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post

I love this theory, actually, although that ending including GRRM himself would be kinda cheesy.

Glad to see Westerosi are at least technologically savvy enough to have armillary spheres hanging about to represent the heavens. However, I'm curious to know how their world even works, considering how it has erratic seasons of summer and winter that don't seem to have any correlation with the revolving of the planet around the sun.

I hate political correctness run amok like it does so often, but I don't lump this show in that category.
    Why would someone think it is? Because it has strong female characters in positions of power?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post

Would be another shout-out to Lord of the Rings - the whole thing is written down by an average guy called Sam.