Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Default Re: GAME OF THRONES - Season 3( May Contain Spoilers )

Who exactly is bordering on feminism and why?
    Her masterplan to take the Dreadford doesn't exactly add her profile of a strong female character and would be a ludicrous attempt to "feminize" the storyline.
    Makes Robb Stark "Lets take Casterly Rock! With the Boltons & Freys!"-move appear witty.

I'm unsure about the long-term prospect; On the one hand they have taken strong alterations and will have to make stronger ones to keep the show interesting.
    On the other hand, the TV programme is full of shows that have outlived their creative spark and are carried on due to their never-ending support by the audience (Dexter, How I met your Mother & Simpsons as worst examples)..

As GRRM is on board, its safe to say they will be more or less sure how the books will end, if they get an end at all.

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

that was pretty lol.

^^ I know right.

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

He!

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Facupay's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Da Great View Post
    Brilliant, I felt like Jerry Seinfeld was about to jump from my computer.
    HUMAN IS FISH ISLAM IS WATER. COME TO WATER AND BE RELAX...

Enjoy:

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

He he he

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Gothicus View Post

He he he
    HAHAHAHAHA....

That Made My Day!
    Nice one.

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by mike^_^ View Post
    The character is already to their liking. Because they are liberal hacks, bordering on feminists.
    Like when her rescue mission at the Dreadfort is a stunning success because Ramsay doesn't respect women and was caught off guard by Yara's daring and womanly strength
    Oh, so that's why you hate 'em. I hate to break it up to you but the world no longer considers a woman's proper place and condition to be "pregnant, barefoot and by the stove".

For the record I don't think Asha will manage to do her raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

Quote Originally Posted by torongill View Post
    Oh, so that's why you hate 'em. I hate to break it up to you but the world no longer considers a woman's proper place and condition to be "pregnant, barefoot and by the stove".
    And how do you know that's what he considers a "woman's proper place"? Obvious strawman is obvious

For the record I don't think Asha will manage to do her raid.
    No, but she might give them a little headache, which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hahaha, so true.

Anyway, just saw this episode and I thought it sucked. Well there were some cool parts but a lot of lame parts as well. Ygritte suddenly appearing out of nowhere all alone, afaik they did not have horses and why the hell would she be all alone all of a sudden. Yara's plan was so ****ing ridiculous. Shae scene made me cringe, as always. And goddam those ****ing directors for making Stannis look like the biggest dick ever.

Some good scenes as well though, like Arya and the Hound (who gets mad at Arya not for attacking 4 dudes all of a sudden but just for not telling him - really love their sense of humour), the small council scene, the little Pod joke ..

You realize that Stannis is one of the biggest dicks in that story right? Right?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    You realize that Stannis is one of the biggest dicks in that story right? Right?
    Stannis the Mannis is the best character left

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    And how do you know that's what he considers a "woman's proper place"?
    Clues:
    1. Speaking disparingly of feminists in a thread about a show in a fantasy medieval world.
    2. Constant mockery of female characters, especially those who dare to perform "manly" tasks.
    3. Statements referring to stereotype feminist behavior - that a male character will be "punished" not for anything else but "because he does not respect women"(despite any evidence to that being so)
    4. Repeatedly talking that female characters are developed and will be developed to give "MOAR STRONG WOMYNZ!"(That's a direct quote btw.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by torongill View Post
    Clues:
    1. Speaking disparingly of feminists in a thread about a show in a fantasy medieval world.
    2. Constant mockery of female characters, especially those who dare to perform "manly" tasks.
    3. Statements referring to stereotype feminist behavior - that a male character will be "punished" not for anything else but "because he does not respect women"(despite any evidence to that being so)
    4. Repeatedly talking that female characters are developed and will be developed to give "MOAR STRONG WOMYNZ!"(That's a direct quote btw.)
    assume makes an ass out of you and me. I kinda agree with him on this front, the women are already strong as George wrote them. They do not need extra fluff and go toe to toe with male characters to stand out as is the stereotype in so many movies and shows. There is already characters that are like that (Brienne) and she is getting her due. Hats off to ever said that Gwendoline Christie should be a full member as all pov characters should by now.
    Last edited by RedGuard; June 15, 2013 at 07:19 PM.

Protector Domesticus

The female characters seemed fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SLN445 View Post
    The female characters seemed fine to me.
    some of them;
    Arya in the books is unbearably cute, yet in the show she was toned down a lot. appealing to modern sensibilities.

Cat seems a bit smarter on the show, a really good casting decision, that actress is hot, you can get why little finger is so obsessed with her.

Briene is faithful to the books. so is the wilding woman, and to a certain extent the Reed girl. Sansa is Ok i guess. Mel does a very good job.

Danny´s story got ruined in my opinion, in the books you sort of empathize with her as she slowly decends into madness while she grows more powerful, all that is lost in the show. she was again changed to appeal to a modern audience simplifying her character.

Theon´s sister, is well cast in my opinion however the makeup artists, and the writers are idiots, she is supposedly very well groomed and feminine, while being a competent and accomplished commander. in the show however she comes up with stupid **** and does not seem lustful at all.

Robs wife is the most despicable character in the show, she is completely out of place, put there to appeal to the lowest common denominator of today's societies.

off topic

what's that **** with Ramsay cutting the dick of, he can certainly do meter than that, he is not a savage, in the books it is implied he peeled of the skin, and waited for it to rot off.
    Last edited by Ima Farmathar; June 15, 2013 at 08:31 PM.
    "The chickens don't seem to mind"

Protector Domesticus

Im lucky in that i havent read the books it can be horribly fustrating when a TV show or movie changes characters, setting, theme and so forth to appeal to a wider audience.

Im having the same issues with a certain movie thats just coming out.