Page 12 of 527 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Default Re: GAME OF THRONES - Season 3( May Contain Spoilers )

Is Missandei in the third season BTW? I kinda liked her.

And Mace Tyrell?

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Is Missandei in the third season BTW? I kinda liked her.

And Mace Tyrell?
    Missandei and but no mention of Mace yet. Likely his character is being merged with the Queen of Thorns.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Likely his character is being merged with the Queen of Thorns.
    being merged with the Queen of Thorns.
    Mace Tyrell
    merged with
    QUEEN OF THORNS
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWORSTOPINIONIVEEVERSEENNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Last edited by Soviet; August 30, 2012 at 01:05 PM.

Campidoctor

Val is totally useless IMO. Has she done anything useful, really? I guess you could say the same for Missandei but at least she's an interesting character.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Missandei and but no mention of Mace yet. Likely his character is being merged with the Queen of Thorns.

That'd be a terrible heresy,honestly. Even worse than Dany's or the Northern storyline in the second season. They already put a lot of dumb in season 2,they should just avoid doing that again.

That'd be a terrible heresy,honestly. Even worse than Dany's or the Northern storyline in the second season. They already put a lot of dumb in season 2,they should just avoid doing that again.[/COLOR]
    They question is why? How is Mace Tyrell somehow any character of interest in the books worth preserving and introducing? Whatever he does can be picked up by said Queen of Thorns, Margarey and Loras, thus given those characters more important stuff to do.

They essentially already did that by presenting Loras as the one leading the armies of Highgarden at the battle of Blackwater bay.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

He's the head of a whole House, who appears in several occasions and does important things - like being one of Tyrion's judges, while Garlan appeared one or two times at most.

He's the head of a whole House, who appears in several occasions and does important things - like being one of Tyrion's judges, while Garlan appeared one or two times at most.
    That is probably season 4, how is he needed in season 3? He is a background character, he is very important to the world itself but not to the story. If he isn't included in season 3 no one is going to miss him.

So he is _not_ an important character but window dressing. That might change but as long as some Tyrell does those things it doesn't really change anything. Margarey and Loras already did some of his stuff which helps to show Margarey as the ambitious and far less naive woman than Sansa (no really hard) and also gives Ser Loras more screen time. With the Queen of Thorns you then get a sufficiently old member of the House to reasonably deal with Tywin or anybody else with a clout of authority.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

I am still disappointed that Margaery Tyrell is so ... old.

Old?

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

She is more than 10 years older than she is supposed to be, so yes. The whole character is off, really.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

They've aged up a lot of the characters to avoid the problems with younger actors (though they couldn't age the children too much).
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah, all those sex scenes with Daenerys? She´s suppossed to be 13.... So, yeah, i totally see why they did that.

Guys, do you know when the third season aired?
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Next spring.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi90 View Post
    Yeah, all those sex scenes with Daenerys? She´s suppossed to be 13.... So, yeah, i totally see why they did that.
    also, a lot of other stuff seem way too unrealistic for certain ages in the books. Aging up all the characters was a great decision

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Martin has said himself he made the characters too young iirc. Something about him originally intending to skip a few years.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Well Dany is too old in the show for one plot point(the whole thing with Ned not wanting to kill children, 17 is young but not a child in that universe). But otherwise it doesn't matter. Joffrey didn't need to be any older for his character, in fact that is messed up as well.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Campidoctor

The age of the child characters was the worst thing about the books. Jon, Robb and Dany especially are better characters just for being older, something I imagined them being when I read the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    Well Dany is too old in the show for one plot point(the whole thing with Ned not wanting to kill children, 17 is young but not a child in that universe). But otherwise it doesn't matter. Joffrey didn't need to be any older for his character, in fact that is messed up as well.
    Ned wouldn't want to murder Dany whatever her age, it was the act he was against, as it would be dishonourable whoever it was. And what on earth has Joffrery being older changed about his character? He only seems a year or so older than the book description anyway (I know the characters are meant to be evenly aged up, but frankly that hasn't happened at all).