Page 263 of 263 FirstFirst ... 163 213 238 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263
Results 5,241 to 5,245 of 5245

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Påsan's Avatar Hva er det du vil?
    Citizen

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Unsullied dont have balls.

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

While I'd have liked the Unsullied to be better equipped, e.g. swords and larger shields instead of what looks mainly like convenient to produce fantasy armor (I think production costs were the issue here, make something "cool" - I find it the least convincing armor by a mile - two dozen extras can wear without being well fitted) I don't quite get the expectation that these are super human soldiers.

In the end the Unsullied are professional slave soldiers. The stuff beaten into them is discipline, obedience, fearlessness. It doesn't contain much about self iniative, flexibility or even self preservation. In that light it explains pretty much everything. They killed several times their numbers when cornered but didn't even think about anything you'd expect because in the end they were trained as mindless cannon fodder. Disciplined and obedient but not self reliant. So they didn't run and didn't withdraw but just took whatever enemy just appeared before them. That's why they probably are far better in a battle where they keep formation, don't run away and will whatever they are told.

I would also not necessarily disregard the Sons of the Harpy as harmless. Most folks in such a world above slave status would at least know what to do in a knife fight, particularly if these are hired street thugs. And as said, it's not like they traded great against the Unsullied or Ser Barristan. The later cut down half a dozen guys or so.

It's simply not to be expected that just because someone is considered the best swordsmen alive he will be able to tackle many enemies. Probably two or three enemies with just average knowledge about fighting would know how to off one other guy regardless of his skill because they would know how to gang up on someone.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

I found it believable. In the books three of the greatest Kingsguard of all time - Ser Arthur Dayne amongst them - were killed by seven dudes of average or at most slightly beyond average skill.
    Last edited by beckyolt; Today at 10:29 AM.
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Påsan's Avatar Hva er det du vil?
    Citizen

I dont think comparing Eddard Stark and six other knights in a battle vs the kingsguard is a valid comparison here.

Discussing this stuff if fairly pointless at any rate. I felt the scene was badly handled and could have been done better. But that's mostly the cinematographers fault. They should hire the guys who does vikings for the action cinematography. Having the action scenes to match the character development of this show would push it up a large notch for me.

Batte for the wall was pretty good though.
    Last edited by Påsan; Today at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Discussing this stuff if fairly pointless at any rate. I felt the scene was badly handled and could have been done better. But that's mostly the cinematographers fault. They should hire the guys who does vikings for the action cinematography. Having the action scenes to match the character development of this show would push it up a large notch for me.

I actually think the problem is the Unsullied actors only being equipped with shield and spear. Spear and shield is kind of silly in that situation aka there is not much fancy you can do there, even using the spear two handed is probably more effective to deal with a bunch of guys. I think they can't really afford much fight prep for more than one fight per season. I think the props could be better for them.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design