Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Ramsay will likely coup his way to the throne, assuming the Boltons are the Tudors.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Jamie and Cersei should have some other cousins apart from Lancel, but whether the show will feature them is another story. The show already got rid of Loras and Maergery's older brothers as well as Quentin Martells siblings, presumably to make it easier on the viewers, but in doing that they've also made most houses a few deaths away from extinction.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Season 6 is coming you guys. It's coming...it's coming all over the place. GET HYPED. Join the hype train today.

When Beyond the Wall sends its Wildlings, they are not sending their best ... They are sending people that have lots of problems. They are bringing those problems to us. They are bringing White Walkers and they are bringing wights and their giants, and some are good people, and I speak to the Night's Watch and they tell us what we are getting.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well I think that Ramsay will try to betray his father. But if he will succeed is another matter. One of them is going to be responsible for the death of the other at least, that much seems certain.

But I assume that the Boltons will be taken down by the Starks in some way for their betrayal. The North remembers after all.

Always puzzled me though why the Boltons where ever trusted to begin with considering their flag and motto. They are clearly rotten.
    They seem about as trustworthy as Jafar in Alladin.

Ramsay is cruel, but I think he will make a mistake. Roose Bolton already told him he made a mistake by taking Theon's value as a hostage away.

Roose should lock the toilet door.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Roose Bolton might even be a White Walker in disguise ...

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    When Beyond the Wall sends its Wildlings, they are not sending their best ... They are sending people that have lots of problems. They are bringing those problems to us. They are bringing White Walkers and they are bringing wights and their giants, and some are good people, and I speak to the Night's Watch and they tell us what we are getting.
    You know, Trump does share some traits with Janos Slint.

I could totaly picture him stabbing a baby, is what I am saying.

Pĺsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

The boltons have had too much wind in their sails for too long, its time to get rid of them. They are so unlikable that they dont really have a place in the way its all coming down.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Pĺsan View Post
    The boltons have had too much wind in their sails for too long, its time to get rid of them. They are so unlikable that they dont really have a place in the way its all coming down.
    You would be a brave man to argue that over at the Reddit "Dreadfort" page glorifying the Boltons in a massive circlejerk. Like walking into the gauntlet...of downvotes.

Even though he holds power in the north at the moment, Roose is basically a minor character and plot device compared to his son Ramsay. Ramsay was written in to fulfill the role and fill the shoes of the former master of evil, King Joffrey. Ramsay's going to have a long shelf-life in the script, because he provides the viewers with a necessary regional villain and antagonist who isn't a White Walker or a Son of a Harpy. Admit it, we need Lord Bolton!

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Always puzzled me though why the Boltons where ever trusted to begin with considering their flag and motto. They are clearly rotten.
    They seem about as trustworthy as Jafar in Alladin.

I always assumed the Boltons are simply too big to ignore, a bit like Burgundy were France's biggest vasalls which meant they could screw with the French king on a regular basis. To an extent they are the reason the 100 Years War was so long because these guys were the richest noblemen in western Europe at the time.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Pĺsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I'm guessing the new North house will be either Umber or Karstark.

You would be a brave man to argue that over at the Reddit "Dreadfort" page glorifying the Boltons in a massive circlejerk. Like walking into the gauntlet...of downvotes.
    Ah yes the amount of dumb plot armor and improbable accomplishments of the Boltons truly are magnificent.

Last edited by Pĺsan; February 06, 2016 at 05:05 AM.

While Ramsay is a descent antagionist, I think by this point he has ran his course. The more evil a character is, the less interesting they tend to be. It can be fun for a while but characters like that shouldnt overstay their welcome. I assume his role will be smaller in the next season though now that Theon and Sansa are no longer there.

I just don't think he has much more to offer for the story anymore without repeating himself.

Tywin Lannister was probably the best antagionist they had in the show since he was smart, proud and did bad things because they where the most efficient way to achieve his goals and not out of malice. And there simply is no one there to fill the gap he left behind.

We have two crazy cults going on at the same time. Sons of the harpy already overstayed their welcome since they are boring. (seriously, how could so many people smuggle large metal masks into an arena unnoticed?)
    The sparrows and his fanatics do offer an interesting angle, but it just seems they are going to get slaughtered next season unless plot armor protects them.

The white walkers.. well they dont talk they are just a horde of mindless enemies. Works as a threat but doesnt make for interesting angationists.

Maybe if Littlefinger gets further in his plans and truly secures the power of the vale with the armies that go with it, he might make a good antagionist however.

For the boltons, I hope that Ramsay tries to kill Roose, and Roose saw it comeing and kills him instead. Roose Bolton is smarter after all and more diplomatic.

Walder Frey is oddly enough a very minor character despite being so hated. I assume he will be killed though, and hopefully by a Stark.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    While Ramsay is a descent antagionist, I think by this point he has ran his course. The more evil a character is, the less interesting they tend to be. It can be fun for a while but characters like that shouldnt overstay their welcome.
    I agree. At this point, it wouldn't be surprising if he was behind the Nazis and al-Qaida as well.

Maybe if Littlefinger gets further in his plans and truly secures the power of the vale with the armies that go with it, he might make a good antagionist however.
    I find him annoying, too. In terms of nihilism, he's almost like the Joker from the Dark Knight trilogy, the difference being that the latter had a cooler voice and we only had to endure him for two hours.
    A "magnificent bastard" type of main villain with at least some rational goals, like Tywin (you could find yourself almost cheering for him, sometimes) or even Roose Bolton, would be vastly better.

Unless Baelish is Richard the Third, rather than the short guy.

Well Baelish does deserve to suffer, he should get caught and pay the price for that, but could bounce back and get revenge or something. Seems obvious that he wont live to see the end of the series, he is too smug for that. Too sure of himself.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    I always assumed the Boltons are simply too big to ignore, a bit like Burgundy were France's biggest vasalls which meant they could screw with the French king on a regular basis. To an extent they are the reason the 100 Years War was so long because these guys were the richest noblemen in western Europe at the time.
    to add to ths point The Boltons were the hardest for the Starks to subdue, and considering the wars between the two were so violent (Many more starks fell than Boltons) around a thousand years before the show the Boltons became Lords though they were likely one of the most autonomous houses in the north, the Umbers a close second. One of the only things that changed in Bolton lands after the Starks took over is that they banished the first night (actually I believe it was a targ queen that did this, ALysanne I believe) and flaying became illegal. Though Ned Stark and other Stark lords knew better than to inspect the Dreadfort dungeons (wink wink) so really nothing changed other than the Boltons became vassals to the Starks, though the history between them wasn't forgotten. Robb's mistake was to assume that Roose would stay loyal to Robb just because Roose remained loyal to Ned during the Rebellion, despite the fact that the situations were far different.

And I would be highly surprised if Ramsay lived much longer. Ive heard a rumor that there is a scene between Ramsay and a few other main characters towards the end of the season, so likely its some kind of judgement for what should be done with Ramsay. Roose isn't present in that scene, which is a bad sign considering Ramsay was so worried about Fat Walda's pregnancy last season.

Unless Baelish is Richard the Third, rather than the short guy.
    I think more than likely LF is based on John Morton while Varys is John Fortescue, two players behind the scenes in the war of the roses. Though the characters both have a lot in common with others from history too, but thats a famous duo that stayed alive through four kings.
    Last edited by RedGuard; February 06, 2016 at 11:59 AM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Hm, so Theon and Sansa are indeed dead? (they should; then again the Stark boy didn't die from falling off a similar height in ep1 :p ) Maybe they can sleep the pain away for a few days, and wake up to be flayed.

The worst (stupidest) death depiction in the show up to now was the death of Ser Trant. Really cheap torture-90s mafia scene
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

The Tyrells must be Warwick.