Page 249 of 249 FirstFirst ... 149 199 224 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249
Results 4,961 to 4,962 of 4962

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/23/82...nioff-spoilers

The showrunners have confirmed that story points that have yet to happen in the novels will happen this season, meaning that the series will now be a spoiler for the novels in some regards.

The above link mentions one such thing that is pretty obvious to book readers but could spoil non-readers so beware.
    Not very surpsising that they are officially moving into uncharted territory, but it still brings many book readers to a dilemma; stop watching until the books are finished, or read the books knowing at least parts of what will happen. GRRM's blog entry about him not attending conventions unless the next book is "finished by November" kind of suggest there's a possibility for the new book this year, but best case scenario it's still half a year between the show ending and the book coming. Why did he spend all that time writing obscure short stories nobody asked for, why?!

Gen. Chris's Avatar Not what it looks like

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 5 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

I'm not stopping. Too engrossed in it and it will be impossible to avoid spoilers unless you pretty much avoid the internet. I found out so many things without intending to about upcoming spoilers before I read the books that I decided I might as well read the books to learn them on my own terms, and I feel the same in this situation.