Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Stavros_Kalmpou's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

I personally am excited for Griff and young Griff...
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Army Cheese View Post
    Whenever I despair about the sparcity of good characters left alive in Westeros, I just have to remind myself of the Greyjoys and the Boltons, then everything feels allright.

One thing I really like about Ramsay is just how much he has in common with Theon. They're both just a couple of rapists looking for their father's love.
    How is Theon a rapist?

Quote Originally Posted by stavrosole View Post
    I personally am excited for Griff and young Griff...
    In season 5? Don't think so.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

I dunno, they're catching up to the books fairly quick.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Are there even more Greyjoys left? I thought (from the series) that all of them by now were the father in Pyke, the war-amazon sister, and Theon/Reek. And i can't say any of them is interesting to me (maybe the girl a bit)

And isn't 'lady stoneheart' supposed to be a main new character in season 5?
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Balon has two brothers (at least in the books), Euron and Victarion.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Stavros_Kalmpou's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Germanico View Post
    In season 5? Don't think so.
    Season 5 will consist of material from both the fourth and fifth novels of the A Song of Ice and Fire book series, A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons. The two novels take place simultaneously alongside one another.
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Germanico View Post
    How is Theon a rapist?
    He raped Winterfell from the Starks.
    Plus he is a Greyjoy.
    It's kind of implied by thier house words, "We Do Not Sew"

Good. Feast of Crows was terrible. Jaime was the only interesting character to read.

EDIT: Swiss ya eejit.
    Last edited by High Fist; July 08, 2014 at 08:09 AM.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Swiss, I can't even take you seriously at this point. You are clearly trying to get an angry response. You do realize Cersei said in season one she refused to have a child of Robert's so took moon tea to kill the black haired child, something she has not done with the other three blonde haired children. This pretty much confirms we are correct about both Cersei's sanity and that her children are Jaime's.

Setiously you are the only person I've ever seen doubt that the children are Jaime's. She ducking confirmed it to Ned when he questioned her! I refuse to respond to any of your further posts because they are clearly not based on the series. You also didn't respond to me questioning you saying "all bastards are automatically black haired".
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Miles

Default ggggTotalWar, I thought we were over this? But if you insist, ROUND 2 OF JOFFREY'S FATHERHOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Swiss, I can't even take you seriously at this point. You are clearly trying to get an angry response. You do realize Cersei said in season one she refused to have a child of Robert's so took moon tea to kill the black haired child, something she has not done with the other three blonde haired children. This pretty much confirms we are correct about both Cersei's sanity and that her children are Jaime's.

Setiously you are the only person I've ever seen doubt that the children are Jaime's. She ducking confirmed it to Ned when he questioned her! I refuse to respond to any of your further posts because they are clearly not based on the series. You also didn't respond to me questioning you saying "all bastards are automatically black haired".
    If you insist, I'll address you specifically
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Swiss, your crazy theories show literally zero understanding of anything that happened in either the books or TV series. I assume you're either joking or have not paid any attention while watching Game of Throne. "All bastards have black hair"?, what the hell does that even mean?
    By "All bastards have black hair" I mean that excepting Cersei's children (who's bastardhould is being disputed), every single bastard in the show has black hair.

There's something called genetics which are clearly represented in the series and aren't overridden by bastardom. Joffrey was a crazy spawn of incest bastard and neither he or his siblings had black hair. The only truly and person you mentioned would have to be Cersei. Also, were you calling Renly mad because he was gay? Really?
    I am not calling Renly mad cause he was gay. I specifically said that in my theory, madness was a recessive trait. When I listed Renly I wrote it like this: "Renly (halfmad?/fruitcake)" with the intention to imply that: either Renly has inhiereted half the necessary madness inducing chromazones for madness , or none at all. Hence the questionmark when referring to him as "Halfmad?".
    However I can see how this could be missinterpreted as a halfmadman, half fruitcake. But not mad because he was a fruitcake.

Also, the only other person I listed as specifically "mad" (or "Full-mad" as I called them) were Cersei and Stannis.

Joffrey was crazy, and he may or may not be born of incest. But incest does not equal crazieness. We have Tommen to attest to that.
    It is called Genetics. When you have one madwoman, and one wereman with only half the genes necessary for madness (which madness, being recessive, does not make him mad himself), then there is a 50% chance that the child born to them is mad.

Back to your latest post
    Setiously you are the only person I've ever seen doubt that the children are Jaime's. She ducking confirmed it to Ned when he questioned her! I refuse to respond to any of your further posts because they are clearly not based on the series.
    In my first post for this topic, I disregarded any heresay evidence from Cersei by using an ad-homenim attack on her credibility (i.e. Words of madmen can't be taken seriously. Cersei is mad, therefor her words cannot be taken seriously).

Furthermore, with recent revelations that it was in fact Lord Peter Balish who was the archetect of John Arryn's death, and not a Lannister; it should be good reason to reevaluate some of the evidence. Wasn't it assumed that the whole reason Jon Arryn was killed was simply an attempt of the Lannisters to cover their tracks by offing someone that knew too much?
    But if it wasn't the Lannisters who did that, and it was infact Lord Baelish, then why did he do it? and did he know of the incest? If yes, then how did he find out about it? It isn't like him to cover up dirty Lannister secrets, secrets that could distablize the people's trust in the Lannister household.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Does Tywin really hate Tyrion? If yes why would he even put Tyrion as the hand of the King?

Default Re: ggggTotalWar, I thought we were over this? But if you insist, ROUND 2 OF JOFFREY'S FATHERHOOD!

But if it wasn't the Lannisters who did that, and it was infact Lord Baelish, (1) then why did he do it? and did he know of the incest? (2) If yes, then how did he find out about it? (3) It isn't like him to cover up dirty Lannister secrets, secrets that could distablize the people's trust in the Lannister household.
    1) To later on marry Lyanna and "usurp" Jon Arryn's position as lord of the Vale. He's effectively regent of the Vale atm. He loves power.
    2) He has many spies and he's also quite intelligent. To most intelligent people it is clear that Cersei's children are not Robert's children.
    3) He worked for the Lannisters, even though he had betrayal in mind. What kind of idiot would he be to start denouncing the King and his siblings as incestuous bastards when a) he's working for them and b) he has nothing to gain from it apart from a knife across the throat.

Baelish is many things but he's not an idiot.

@AqD Good question. Joffrey and Cersei were doing a shite job of running the kingdom I guess, and there wasn't anyone immediately available to act as Hand. Tyrion may be a dwarf but even Tywin has to admit he's an effective administrator.

I dont think book spoilers are relevant to this show anymore.
    the potential spoilers after the red wedding, Tywin's death, and etc...
    there is barely anything to spoil and there are so many characters missing that I honestly have no idea wtf is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Does Tywin really hate Tyrion? If yes why would he even put Tyrion as the hand of the King?
    He definitely hates him, but he knew that Tyrion was the most capable of all his children, and at the time he really couldn't afford to let a crazy woman like Cersei be in charge of the realm and King's Landing. When things calmed down his hatred and pride took over again and he dropped Tyrion.

It's a subject that's also touched in the books. I believe it was Jaime's aunt or something who told Jaime that Tywin's real son was Tyrion but Tywin was too stubborn to admit it

Whenever I despair about the sparcity of good characters left alive in Westeros, I just have to remind myself of the Greyjoys and the Boltons, then everything feels allright.

One thing I really like about Ramsay is just how much he has in common with Theon. They're both just a couple of rapists looking for their father's love.

Don't stop Swiss,please.
    Last edited by beckyolt; July 08, 2014 at 03:37 PM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    He definitely hates him, but he knew that Tyrion was the most capable of all his children, and at the time he really couldn't afford to let a crazy woman like Cersei be in charge of the realm and King's Landing. When things calmed down his hatred and pride took over again and he dropped Tyrion.

It's a subject that's also touched in the books. I believe it was Jaime's aunt or something who told Jaime that Tywin's real son was Tyrion but Tywin was too stubborn to admit it
    So you don't think there was any chance he did it because the last two hands were just killed quickly and it might have been a way to get rid of him? I do think it is an interesting question on AqD's part that i had even never thought about...

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    So you don't think there was any chance he did it because the last two hands were just killed quickly and it might have been a way to get rid of him? I do think it is an interesting question on AqD's part that i had even never thought about...
    Hmm ... Interesting point, but while it may have occured to Tywin as a nifty side benefit, I do really believe he did it because he needed a good leader, not because he wanted to get rid of Tyrion. Jon Arryn was an old man, which is what was used as explanation for his sudden death. And Ned was executed for being a traitor. It's not as if there was some mysterious terrorist order bent on killing all the Hands. As long as Tyrion steered clear of treason or anything reckless, he'd have been safe. Actually managed to almost that up though.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

there is barely anything to spoil and there are so many characters missing that I honestly have no idea wtf is going to happen.
    Considering the ubiquity of internet spoilers and such and how many people have read the books - I suspect a lot alterations are intentionally just so that is in fact the case.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Oi, what happened with Daario at Mareen was a legitimate interpretation of a character's (Dany's) motivations that was left deliberately ambiguos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x74FZkLx3iw
    Drogo found the sellswords frequent advances rather off-putting, so she often took every chance she could to get the sellsword as far away from herself as possible. For example, during thier discussion of "Strategy" on the way to Mareen, Daario was supposed to be in the rearguard (or was it the Vanguard?).
    Yep, got a point. It isn't really stated why Daario even follows her in the first place if I recall correctly.

She was/is madly in love with him though.

As for the Mountain? I only found a soul in him when we were doing that meticulous debate where I was saying that Brian (of that house with the saphires) was the most badass man in Westeros because she beat ser Lorass who was more badass than the Mountain. Before then I thought the Mountain was a stupid brute that couldn't hold a lance properly, but then you guys informed me that Lorass was just a little cheater.
    Nobody disputes that the Mountain is the best single fighter alive in present Westeros.

I'd say his decisions & actions are, almost all, of rather infamous nature.

As an aside, why can't you guys talk this seriously to me about my claims that Stormborn Drogo is not a nice person? You guys do realise that to many ears the concept of Stannis being a good guy (which I hold), is equally absurd.
    How many more of examples of her misdeeds do you need? She didn't sack Astapor and kill every man in there using a freed army of unsullied. They were still slaves to her when they did that, so they weren't given the option to disobey her and spare who they pleased.
    They've got different positions though; She's a child, he's a tribal warlord, Likely grew up in a nomad society where violence/martial prowess apparently defines social standing.

As crazy as puberty can get, you seldomly commit mass murder during it.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

I would dispute that. Oberyn was clearly a better fighter than the Mountain. But he let himself be distracted when he should have just finished the Mountain off.