Page 248 of 248 FirstFirst ... 148 198 223 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248
Results 4,941 to 4,949 of 4949

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    So it seems
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Aegon and Illyrio have been left out
    Not necessarily, but then again, I might cling to an irrational hope.
    In the book, Illyrio says something similar to Tyrion, and makes him belief that he is going to visit Dany, with some other people and the Golden Company. Tyrion, clever as he is, finds out these other people are Jon and Aegon. Besides, if they want to have the surprise like in the books, it wouldn't make sense to announce casting or show them in trailers. Surprise castings have happened before in movies and series, I hope it is the case now. I hope they will further explain the story of Ellia's children in the Dorne storyline, and perhaps have some way to mention Jon as well. Introducing him as Hand of the King under the Mad King could be done in a single conversation between characters. Besides that, the Golden Company and Ellia' children have been mentioned before in the 4th and 3rd season.

beckyolt's Avatar Equites Cohortales
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Elias children were barely mentioned at all and I don't recall the GC ever being mentioned

So interesting stuff I caught from that trailer

- Onscreen Bronn appearence - cool since we never saw him again in the books

- Sand Snakes (?) burying a guy in..the sand?

- Wildlings in a beach/river embarking boats ( no idea what this is) with Rattleshirt

- Election of NW

-Bronn killing a guy in Eastern clothing ( no idea )

- Those masked guys are probably Bronze Beasts
    Last edited by beckyolt; February 03, 2015 at 02:58 PM.
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Påsan's Avatar o_O xD
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Obviously they are not going to exclude Bronn from the series. Too cool a character.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elias children were mentioned last season by the red viper not that anyone who watches the show only will remember. I thought at once of the Council meetings they mentioned the Golden company making a contract with one of the cities and then at another them saying they broke the contract and tywin thinking it was stannis.. unless I'm just confusing the books with show.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Equites Cohortales
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

So is Stannis basically king of the north, and the wildlings now? He went north of The Wall and took the party to them instead, taking Mance Rayder as his hostage.

Stannis truly is the mannis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    English is a Germanic language...formed by a fusion of Old English...and Norse...If you want to talk about religion or science or law or medicine you must use Latinate words (from French or Latin) and a smattering of Greek...English is basically a skinny barely functional body of Germanic (bones, basic organs and muscles) with a huge overgrowth and brain of Latin and Greek words, more than trebling it in size...Sort of like a massive genius headcrab perched on a hillbilly.

SLN445's Avatar Equites Cohortales
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Other then to help defend the wall, hes mostly up there to get the support of the north and use it to have another crack at the throne from what i gather from the wiki.
    Hes got to beat the Boltons first though and reinstall the Starks.
    Last edited by SLN445; February 05, 2015 at 11:23 AM.
    The sweet smell of burning engine oil in the morning.

Princeps Posterior
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Have you guys seen this?

George R.R. Martin’s original plan for Game of Thrones

Wow, he certainly hadn't thought out the characters at that point....

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That's kinda hilarious in some respects and really generic boring story if that was how it was made.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Stavroforos's Avatar Praefectus Cohortis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I know I'm probably getting on some bandwagon of counterculture criticism or something, but I like the version he outlined better than what we're seeing now, in broad strokes at least.