Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69 119 144 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169
Results 3,361 to 3,377 of 3377

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Princeps

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I think he's been the worst of the main roles since season one.

He had a few good scenes, but I think the main issue is not the actor but the way the character has been written.I think him and Cersei are the most clear examples of what is wrong with the series.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I really doubt that subplot will be in as it's as far as we see pretty pointless on its own. Sure it exemplifies people's issues with jon's command and develops Jon and melisandres relationship but still not really something that would work well on tv. I'm realizing quote a bit more how badly suited the books are for tv really given how lost many non readers are with a bunch of simple things if you've read the books
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

brandbll's Avatar Sagittarius

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Well I think the episode was quite good!... Every time Tywin was on screen. The rest was pretty crap.

Tenns seems like some kind of low-budget sci-fi bad guys.

The Dany scene was cinematic in scope, but the duel.. First they replace the original duelist with 'new guy' and then the duel comes down to a frikin throwing knife? .. I mean if they are going to have fantasy duels in the first place you might as well make them fun, if you cant be bothered with realistic.

Sansa & Littlefinger parts were okay ish. Would have liked Littlefinger to be a bit more human and drop the conspiracy voice for a bit. Hope sansa can do something different than be a scared little girl out of her depth soon.
    YEah i agree on both parts. I don't know why they cut Belwas(no pun intended), and that scene was just lame. I was actually looking forward to that duel and it was just flat out lame. And for the love of God can they please tone down Little Finger's Batman voice and have him talk a little more normal. Also wasn't a big fan of the rape scene. I understood that might not what been what it was suppose to be, but it looked pretty rapey.

Princeps Posterior

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    YEah i agree on both parts. I don't know why they cut Belwas(no pun intended), and that scene was just lame. I was actually looking forward to that duel and it was just flat out lame. And for the love of God can they please tone down Little Finger's Batman voice and have him talk a little more normal. Also wasn't a big fan of the rape scene. I understood that might not what been what it was suppose to be, but it looked pretty rapey.
    The 'duel' makes sense when you consider it was Daario fighting. He's not going to fight fairly if he can take the guy down in seconds, that would be completely out of character. If it was me in charge though I would of used Barristan and had a proper fight. He is meant to be the greatest swordsman alive, but we still haven't seen him fight in the show.

Timoleon of Korinthos's Avatar Princeps Posterior

I just realised why the Thenns look so familiar

Geil!
    Last edited by Timoleon of Korinthos; Yesterday at 02:26 PM.
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

Stavroforos's Avatar Legatus Legionis

The leading Thenn reminds me of the bald guy with the weird skin from SeaQuest.
    Воды быстрые Дуная
    Уж в руках теперь у нас;
    Храбрость Россов почитая,

Тавр под нами и Кавказ.

Ishan's Avatar At Your Service!
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
    The 'duel' makes sense when you consider it was Daario fighting. He's not going to fight fairly if he can take the guy down in seconds, that would be completely out of character. If it was me in charge though I would of used Barristan and had a proper fight. He is meant to be the greatest swordsman alive, but we still haven't seen him fight in the show.
    I liked the duel scene. From what i understand, from the very start the show makers want to insert love chemistry between Dany and Daario. How he's trying to impress her all the time. First meeting in the tent, then fighting for her & giving her flowers in a flirting way etc. This again was his attempt to impress Dany. Show makers have simply taken this route and while the duel scene could have been executed far much better rather than a quick knife throw and hack\slash, it's still great. Shooting of arrows when Daario was out of range and pissing in return was also a nice touch. "Horses are dumber." and the wink at Dany, lol showoff.

Most useless wasted footage was on sam and gilly.

And yeah i find it hilarious about Uncle Barry. Best duel fighter and yet not a single scene in 3 seasons. All he has done so far is kill a crab\warlock machine thingy.

Kanaric's Avatar Praefectus Castrorum

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Huh? It's just brother and sister . Ancient Egyptians had practiced for thousands of years.

The show is so great that I feel sad after it ends. Have to wait another week
    People assume because marriage = sex and children. It's debatable if egyptians did that you have to look at ancient cultures to be alien and assume nothing.

will cut much of what happens in ADWD because it won't work at this point.
    They can't just change names or events? That is silly to assume.
    Last edited by Kanaric; Yesterday at 04:14 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

DarthShizNit's Avatar Pili Posterior

Strong Belwas disapproves of this so called "duel."
    They call me...Captain Laid(TM)!!!!

There used to be an awesome quote here, but 9 months latter it was declared against the TOS, so here's a link to amazing Synth Wave music instead:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLzjm9E1hwg

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    ... I don't know why they cut Belwas(no pun intended), ...
    Actors are expensive, particularly one's that would be in the scenes over the course of several seasons now. Strong Belwas is not doing something none else can (as evidenced by three other named characters volunteering right away) and he is essentially a less cute version of Daario aka a merc.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Captain Jin's Avatar Centurio Primus Pilus

Plus they only have an hour for each episode and limited episodes per season. If they had Belwas in there they wouldn't be able to give him any screen time really, then people would be complaining that he, or Jorah, or Daario who whomever is shallow because of cut screen time.

the_mango55's Avatar Reppin the Religious Left

Yeah Belwas is a great character, but I can live with him being a great character that exists only in the books.
    ttt

Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Kamos's Avatar Renegade Minotaur

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Killerbee

Wasn't the Magnar wed to the Karstark girl as well ? I really can't picture any of the show Thenns marrying her. Heck they might use Tormund for that
    No he gets whacked - its his kid. But yep they have problem because they are rolling all the worst aspects of some wild-lings into one group. Which is going create problems when need Jon to make deals later.
    He's still Magnar though. That's just a title that means lord. Styr is the one that dies and then his son Sigorn becomes Magnar and weds the Karstark girl.
    Logical paradoxes and giant dragons don't get on.

Killerbee's Avatar Valar Morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    I liked the duel scene. From what i understand, from the very start the show makers want to insert love chemistry between Dany and Daario. How he's trying to impress her all the time. First meeting in the tent, then fighting for her & giving her flowers in a flirting way etc. This again was his attempt to impress Dany. Show makers have simply taken this route and while the duel scene could have been executed far much better rather than a quick knife throw and hack\slash, it's still great. Shooting of arrows when Daario was out of range and pissing in return was also a nice touch. "Horses are dumber." and the wink at Dany, lol showoff.
    But Daario is not the guy who brings flowers to the girl he wants to "charm", he brings her the heads of her enemies and then tongues her right there in the throne room with everyone watching. Now he's just another cheesy playboy with a regular undyed beard. Heck they could've hired Hugh Grant for the role, it's not as if they're doing anything worthwile with it.

And yeah i find it hilarious about Uncle Barry. Best duel fighter and yet not a single scene in 3 seasons. All he has done so far is kill a crab\warlock machine thingy.
    Well in the books he beats a supposedly formidable foe with nothing but his stick so that would've been cool to see, but I'm pretty sure that scene is out.

Ishan's Avatar At Your Service!
    Citizen Content Emeritus

@Kb
    A man has not read the books. A man doesn't know anything about Daario in detail. So the flowers scene was not even in the books?

And i would love to see something like that. Selmy definitely needs kick ass like that. I like this character very much.

Shneckie's Avatar Pili Prior

All good things come to those who wait.

Selmy will redefine kick ass in later events.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    But Daario is not the guy who brings flowers to the girl he wants to "charm", he brings her the heads of her enemies and then tongues her right there in the throne room with everyone watching. Now he's just another cheesy playboy with a regular undyed beard. Heck they could've hired Hugh Grant for the role, it's not as if they're doing anything worthwile with it.
    He is actually written to understand how to swoon the girls so your variant would seem a bit unrealistic...
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Thread Information